6 3.9%

14 9.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

gingerale

I think it's going to be very hard to nail this live. Because there is basically no vocal break during the 3 Minutes. Nemo is going to need lots of stamina to work his way through opera, rap and pop.

They is currently part of «Sing meinen Song Switzerland»

Iker

Veteran
I agree with ThePeaceAround, a great song - and indeed with a lot going on but cohesive actually. I don't find the Italian song perfect though unlike her, but it's very good too - just not my cup of tea.

The Code reminded me about this brilliant Bjork's B-side from 2001 - Verandi. It's the best B-side of this century for me, I've listened to a truckload of songs and that's my favourite b-side or a bonus kind of song I guess. Listen to it people and tell me what do you think about it, it's an instant type of song. If you won't like it first time around then unlikely you ever will unless your taste changes a lot and then you play it again.

Last edited:

Yoozek

Juries will Eat. This. Up.

That's a jury winner, right here. 10 years after Conchita. Rim tim rim tim tagi dim will sweep televotes, but I think this is our winner this year. After 4 attempts of sending cute twinks to Eurovision, Switzerland is finally gonna make it I think

Ezio

Veteran

A victory for Switzerland or Croatia or Belgium would be better for the contest indeed than for one of the other countries lurking in the betting top 10.

Again after a Swedish victory, number of participants went down. Montenegro and others can't justify their participation if their audience feels that Eurovision is not meant for them.

Italy, Ukraine, Sweden and Netherlands are steamrollers since quite some time.

However, Switzerland is the most expensive country in Europe after Liechtenstein. If some think they can't afford Sweden, they can definitely not afford Switzerland.

So as a gesture of hospitability, Switzerland should consider hosting in Geneva or Basel, border cities, instead of Berne or Zurich.

Romeo

I actually think this song could win. I don't like him or his science denying message. It reminds me of a Kate Miller-Heidke song like "words" possibly? I like the song. I just don't like him

Romeo

Also it's more than obvious he will wear a dress in Malmö which will split the vote from country to country. Yes I think he will win but I can see a number of juries giving him 0

Wynnter

I actually think this song could win. I don't like him or his science denying message. It reminds me of a Kate Miller-Heidke song like "words" possibly? I like the song. I just don't like him
There is nothing science denying in having a non-binary gender identity.

Nemo also uses they/them pronouns, so it would be good to respect that as well.

Wynnter

Also it's more than obvious he will wear a dress in Malmö which will split the vote from country to country. Yes I think he will win but I can see a number of juries giving him 0
From what I can tell, back in 2014 only 9 countries out of 37 did not give Conchita Wurst any jury points at all, and 4 of those countries are not competing this year, so gender nonconformity probably isn't a threat in that sense.

I think it's mainly Belgium with their entry being potential jury competition. xcheer

VikingTiger

I think you do have a point. I think both many jury member and televoters may dislike Nemo's gender/person. Conchita was in my book a different story. With the beard Conchita may have seemed more "playful" or more "drag".
If the presentation on stage is too androgynous and the focus is on pronouns that might influence the number of votes.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I think both Belgium, France, Ukraine and even Italy are more jury-friendly than Switzerland.

I even think the UK will do better.

Romeo

I
From what I can tell, back in 2014 only 9 countries out of 37 did not give Conchita Wurst any jury points at all, and 4 of those countries are not competing this year, so gender nonconformity probably isn't a threat in that sense.

I think it's mainly Belgium with their entry being potential jury competition. xcheer
It will split the vote the way Israel, Iceland will split the vote. Some esc fans will refuse to vote for Iceland because Hera didn't condemn Israel for defending itself. Some will condemn Israel for defending itself. Whether you believe Eurovision is political or not is your opinion but when countries call for a boycott of a certain country on political grounds... It's political

ZoboCamel

I honestly don't know what to make of that live snippet, lol. (And yes, yes, overanalyzing 10-second snippets can always be misleading, but it's all we've got for now).

On one hand, Nemo's clearly able to give a powerful, clear vocal, even when moving around a lot. On the other, their intonation feels too aggressive here, and those movements give "Blanco stomping onto stage at ESC" vibes.

Present this in May as-is and it's flopping, but I feel like it at least shows the right ingredients/talent; it just needs to be controlled and managed right.

aef

When this song was released I totally was like WTF is this. I had it at :1: point all the time. But actually I started liking it over the weeks. The chorus is very nice. I'm also okay with the opera parts now. And :ch: is giving me winner vibes now. It will all depend on the live performance though. From :1: to :8: points!

Kentish

Does anyone know how to watch SRF1 outside of Switzerland? Nemo's first live performance is shown in full on the channel tomorrow, but their website's stream is geoblocked, and VPN set to Zurich didn't help, either.

I assume there's also no livestreams from the Madrid preparty tomorrow?

Top Bottom