A tu lado aunque nos tiemble el suelo
Se apague el sol, se caiga el cielo
A tan solo unos centímetros los dos

Y dejar atrás el miedo
Con ti alma entre mis dedos quédate
Porque yo voy a quedarme​

Last edited by a moderator:

jatojo

I almost can't believe this song is predicted to end up in the bottom. Apart from the annoying backing thing in the chorus, the song is close to perfect (within its genre), and you can't complain about his vocals either. What is it with Spain? I found their 2019 entry great as well, but it got very few votes.

MooseShoes

Well done RTVE. Choose that awful falsetto for the recap!
xcookie

Looren

Veteran
He did an amazing performance and I'm really happy that he didn't finish last !

cegs5

It’s heartbreaking seeing committed artists flopping hard, whilst I didn’t like any of his songs, I can only salute his bravery and determination for being himself and defending his music.

RTVE is the one who deserves all the critics here.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
whoever chose his recap honey what was that behaviour

I said there to the people watching with me it would get 0, max some from Portugal after that recap choice. It was a terrible part to go with, idk what they were thinking. No matter, I doubt another part would have changed much.

Shadowfuxcs

Whatever chances there were got diminished with that recap. That was severe.
I still love the song and the story though. I will refrain from commending on the performance because Blas is a very nice person and I can be nice too.

Ezio

Veteran
That was an undeserved flop. Most gutwrenching zero points of the night.

Brandt

I am not surprised about the 0 even the slightest, but he had the most sincere reaction to his points than the other three 0-pointers.

Fluke

Not surprising at all. Stiff, old fashioned and unexciting in every way. And those high notes made me think of DO IT FOR YOUR LOVER.... :sneaky:

Shadowfuxcs

Coming shortly after Switzerland made those vocals sound even worse. And who thought to have this giant-ass moon light up right in the middle of the performance and upstage Blass? That's the kind of gimmick you pull for the last 20s exactly for this reason.

theditz83

Veteran
I thought this one was better on the night that expected. The production additions to the song were a choice mind you, not sure it made sense to add a 4/4 kick drum to the second verse, but there you go...

Realest

E2F_wy2XIAEBrf1

Looren

Veteran
Am quite sad for him, he did so well on stage, and I might be the only one but I love the fact that they showed that "Aaaa" part in the recap, definitely my favorite part of the song xheart

lacrymea

I really wanted Spain to do well in the contest. I know how Spanish people build up expectations and hope every year to end up bottom 5 as always. And I'm sorry, but deservedly so.

I really think Spain should just get back to the drawing board. This year was a total mess :-/

You can't expect much better when you have two years to come up with a song and what comes out of it is something that even the Spanish are indifferent to.

After that, it only got worse. Constant tweeks and retweeks that don't make any sense (what was it with that crazy beat? techno ballad?). The last minute grandma narrative, the giant ass moon, Blas acting like a matador on stage... Afff... It all came down very unlikable.

I wish you the best, dear neighbors. But you have to rethink and regroup. It's clearly not working.

A-lister

Veteran
This song was kinda dead on arrival wasn't it? And those live vocals weren't good, and especially in comparison to Gjon it became a bit painful to see even.

I hope for some sort of Eurovision revival in Spain and that they can follow the route of Italy and France, but it looks more like they're going into the UK direction :/

Iker

Veteran
:es: is doing terrible at the Eurovision. The last time they made top 20 was ... 7 years ago apparently.

This year it was a piece of nothingness that never stood a chance.

Iker

Veteran
Literally anyone that I spoke with said they are sad that Spain is not represented by their well known summer sound, and honestly it would be so good and (since its popularity in the music industry, weirdly) refreshing. :D
In 2019 their entry 'La Venda' that fits the bill and came 22nd in the Grand Final.

Top Bottom