9 7.1%

4 3.2%

3 2.4%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Rocket man

This is one of those songs that If this gets a good place in the running order in the final, it's going to stand out so much this year and do very well. Not everything has to be loud, and in-your-face, this is a lovely difference from a lot of that this year.

ESC94

As a big ballad lover I should be relieved that we´re getting another one after so many loud entries. Well, I have to admit that I´m still not happy. :confused:

My main problem is that the song doesn't move me, it's somehow pleasant to listen to, but there´s no emotional impact. Maybe it's because of her mumbled singing style as well as her listless/introspective looking performance. The melody is also just too straight for me, only at the end it builds up a bit but then the song is almost over. xbored

All in all I give :rs: a :5:, I'm grateful for some variety this year, but there were simply much better and more emotionally touching Balkan ballads in the past. I think they´ll reach the final, but the result will be more of Kruna 2.0 than Molitva 2.0. xthink

Last edited:

njdevils94

Veteran
In general I think the proportional voting system works best even if it give the tele-voting a little more power but it would weaken RTS influence so they wouldn't agree to that. It can leave a sour taste in the mouth with the viewers when the clear favorite for the, doesn't win.

At least Teya Dora got a large amount (28k votes) in 2nd which would be top in most years. It just so happen this year Breskvica was also there and broke the Pesma vote record for the final/semifinals and total votes in the selection. Still a clear gap between 1st and 2nd with the viewers.

GHtBhkxXwAA-STo

han-g

In general I think the proportional voting system works best even if it give the tele-voting a little more power but it would weaken RTS influence so they wouldn't agree to that. It can leave a sour taste in the mouth with the viewers when the clear favorite for the, doesn't win.

At least Teya Dora got a large amount (28k votes) in 2nd which would be top in most years. It just so happen this year Breskvica was also there and broke the Pesma vote record for the final/semifinals and total votes in the selection. Still a clear gap between 1st and 2nd with the viewers.

GHtBhkxXwAA-STo
Didn't they already have plans to change it to this. It was only 2 weeks ago when they announced they would keep it the old way for this year

njdevils94

Veteran
Didn't they already have plans to change it to this. It was only 2 weeks ago when they announced they would keep it the old way for this year
It's possible. I'm not sure though. Wouldn't be the first time a NF changed the voting process just a few weeks beforehand.

randajad

Veteran
The damage control and the press tour that all participants are having is fascinating :lol:

Franzilein

Huh, I like this a lot actually. Even in the higher and more pompous part it still manages to stay rather calm and intimate. A refreshing change to all the over-dramatic ballads we got in the past. Hope it won't be drowned among the other songs though due to it's more reserved tone.

randajad

Veteran
She told this multiple times in different interviews already. Bless her, she should fire her PR or hire someone if she doesn’t have one, because the most people agree that her career is about to fall apart.

EscGeek

Veteran
She's acting like Trump when he lost an election. xrofl

She should've won the selection so she's technically in the right. But just like it's the case with Valeria in Moldova, "being right" is not worth it in the long term.

Lucky for her, she doesn't strike me as an eurovision enthusiast so i think she'll be just fine with her career going forward and reaching sucess od Vardara pa do Triglava:lol:

Seregil Korit

Bless her.
How dare the jury pick Teya Dora's song when it's clearly not Serbian enough.. I mean, no cheap fake folklore costuming? No dumbass nationalistic lyrics? Just another entry pandering to the perverse West.. :rolleyes:

han-g

Bless her.
How dare the jury pick Teya Dora's song when it's clearly not Serbian enough.. I mean, no cheap fake folklore costuming? No dumbass nationalistic lyrics? Just another entry pandering to the perverse West.. :rolleyes:
No nationalistic lyrics in Ramonda? Really? I mean I love the song but it is a little bit nationalistic.

randajad

Veteran
No nationalistic lyrics in Ramonda? Really? I mean I love the song but it is a little bit nationalistic.
Tastefully done with patriotic undertones or references, but mostly addressing one's personal struggle. Definitely not nationalistic.

To be honest, if anything, the whole concept of WWI seems like an afterthought because in one interview (which I conveniently cannot find at the moment), during the official video filming, she referred to it as a love song. Now, I don't know if I misunderstood, but I'm pretty sure she was talking about Ramonda. edit: rip, she was talking about another song

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
Last edited:
Top Bottom