8 7.5%

10 9.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluke

Oh god, the video version is WORSE than the live version! I expect this to flop now. There's just no universe in which people are going to vote for this.

I had a joke to make, but then i realized Achille Lauro didn't come last, only 12th, but i'm posting it here anyway:

In fact i wouldn't be surprised if they managed to come last in the semi, for the third year in a row - not even Ireland have managed that!

Iker

Veteran
I have relistened to the studio track twice today again and while it's considerably better than that live rendition from San Marino NF ... i still struggle to recall how this song goes. It's loud but also very bland, with a flat sound to it and forgettable. Props for the singer that she remembers how 11:11 goes so she can sing it, she's got mad skills NGL.

Last edited:

ESC94

Yesterday it was time for :sm: at the ESC kompakt songchecks 2024.

The verdict of the bloggers:

Benny - What happened to rock'n'roll? Last year at Benidorm, Megara were among my favorites; “11:11” doesn't get me at all, for me (apart from the look) it has zero worth of recognition and no catchy melody. :2:

Berenike - For me, the better Spanish song this year comes from San Marino. I really like “11:11”, it has something snotty about it, is very powerful and has a very catchy melody for a rock song. I really hope that San Marino is rewarded for the brave decision not to go for “the big name”. :8:

Douze Points - Trivial rock song. I don't understand anything and I'm actually not interested in finding out more. :2:

Flo - Unfortunately, I don't really know what this track is trying to achieve. For a rock song, the production in the chorus is poor, and the mix of electronic and more traditional elements isn't quite smooth either. In addition, the instrumental is quite present, the mix isn't right everywhere for me. So as a studio version it's less convincing to me. But maybe the live performance will be successful and with it reaching the final. :3:

Manu - My personal counterpoint to the “Ulveham” discussed yesterday: Not much fits together here for me. Loud guitars? Yes. Refrain? Somehow present. Verses… Hmm, I think I missed those. An extremely poorly mixed electronic porridge is served with it. The pink/black color scheme seems to me to be similarly constructed to the rehearsed choreography in the preliminary round. The only plus point: she sings quite well. Nevertheless, I can only give :2: unfortunate points here.

Max - I wasn't a big Megara fan last year already when they competed at the Benidorm Fest. This year this has not improved. Of course the song isn't bad and I'm generally into rock, but the song just doesn't grab me overall. :3:

Peter - Kenzy Rocks! After initially being confused, I now LOVE “11:11”. I have never heard a song more beautiful. Meanwhile, I celebrate the contribution from San Marino for at least four reasons. First: the Spanish text and then the bogus text messages. Secondly: the rousing rock dynamics and Kenzy's passion. Third: the beat enriched with flamenco quotes and the great outro. Fourth: MEGARA made it to Malmö bottom-up via the villages from hundreds of audition applications. I love rags stories like this. :12:

Rick - We already saw at the Spanish Benidorm Festival that Megara know how to organize an ESC staging. In my opinion, this is also the strongest component of this post: the visuals. The song itself isn't bad, but it just takes too long to find a common thread among all the different influences. In addition, the number is generally not catchy enough and will probably just seem “loud” to many people. Next year no Rock please, San Marino... :4:

Top Bottom