10 9.3%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajeje Brazorf

Time to bring back Valentina!

If Turkey comes back, time to bring back Serhat in order to qualify... It will be the most logical pick for them, because if drawn with Turkey and Azerbaijan they will start with 20 points, just saying... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MAD20

I guess San Marino should open submissions to pretty much anywhere in Europe but let it be internal with juries close to the ESC community. Or maybe just pick someone from that year's Sanremo. If they keep on selecting with UVPSM and its juries, NQ is guaranteed for the years to come. Even UVPSM with 10-15 candidates would be enough!

elanyvx

I guess San Marino should open submissions to pretty much anywhere in Europe but let it be internal with juries close to the ESC community. Or maybe just pick someone from that year's Sanremo. If they keep on selecting with UVPSM and its juries, NQ is guaranteed for the years to come. Even UVPSM with 10-15 candidates would be enough!
I think that the money of all singers are important for San Marino, for this reason the UVPSM selection is very large and open to all.

Loindici

Veteran
Una Voce just doesn't work. I'm aware the show was made so everyone can participate, but it results in umeven quality and not really an enjoyable following experience.

If they need an open call, maybe select some big money artist and put them in a jury panel + free televoting system, perhaps? It isn't an ideal idea, but way better than whatever Una Voce is now.

Or, wild ass idea, invite some K-Pop/J-pop/C-pop artist to fund and participate. Especially K-pop. Just for fun.

Fluke

It seems San Marino gets their best results when their artist is not Italian!

Valentina - San Marinese.
Serhat - Turkish.
Senhit - ethnically Eritrean, though she was born in Italy, i think it counts. Go figure!

SpiritofKeiino

How does San Marino TV fund their participation? Tiny broadcaster.
Is the artist just funding it themselves every year? Genuinely puzzled.

Ajeje Brazorf

So does RAI fund in part the Sanmarinese participation?

I don't know how it works, but I know for sure RAI owns 50% of RTV-RSM. RTV isn't a RAI Channel though: it is treated as an indipendent broadcaster, but uses RAI repeaters to go on air and its digital transmission makes use of RAI infrastructures, which allowed it to be viewed throughout the italian peninsula. I think RAI just provides them with some kind of infrastructure and know-how in order for San Marino to have a totally Sammarinese broadcaster, but I don't know if they help them fund their Eurovision participations.

MAD20

Let's hope they slightly reduce the number of participants... And the introduction of an online televote so that no dinosaur juries choose the final entry.

Top Bottom