9 8.0%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
I can't believe they'll continue with a national selection, the only thing that could potentially work for San Marino (proven so) is internal selection.

I still can't believe that they don't jump on the most obvious idea (that I've been proposing each year) and reach out to runner-ups of Sanremo and take whatever leftover entry from there instead (given that someone would be interested of course). The irony is that given Italy's choices, San Marino might actually end up with stronger entries as it's often that the gems from Sanremo don't end up winning.

Marcos C

I can't believe they'll continue with a national selection[...].
Honestly, I believe it. For the last two years, Una Voce per San Marino has given people a reason, besides the national news and the ESC itself, to watch SMRTV. Admittedly, the production quality of the show is not on par with that of the other national finals that I have watched; however, I did find the show to be entertaining.

EscGeek

Veteran
UVPSM has too many great songs to choose from xheat
That in itself could become a problem..like how is Al Bano supposed to know what song to choose if even I couldn't make up my mind in time? :ROFLMAO:

A-lister

Veteran
Honestly, I believe it. For the last two years, Una Voce per San Marino has given people a reason, besides the national news and the ESC itself, to watch SMRTV. Admittedly, the production quality of the show is not on par with that of the other national finals that I have watched; however, I did find the show to be entertaining.

I mean ok, that part I can get, so maybe that's the reason. But I think more people will pay attention to San Marino if they'll send something even remotely worthy to ESC, after all only a portion of the most hardcore fans will tune into a National selection (especially something as obscure as the San Marino one), where's hundreds of millions tune into watch Eurovision where they are mostly forgettable.

Marcos C

So far, 270 entries from 17 countries around the world have been submitted for Una Voce per San Marino 2024. The submission window remains open until January 10.

Mainshow

Veteran

JChan

honestly the song will probably be better than whatever generic song ireland sends xqueenbitch

EscGeek

Veteran
I actually want one fully AI generated song before EBU bans it. I think that's pretty cool so kudos to San Marino.
I'm convinced that :ge: Echo was at least partially from AI :lol:

Sammy

Veteran
Why not go the full way, since AI is apparently so cool that it HAS to infiltrate/overtake all parts of our life? Why not have AI-generated artists that present AI-generated songs to an AI-generated sample of -why not ? - AI-generated fans with an AI-generated taste and let the AI-generated votes decide an AI-generated winner. Soo coooooool! xpuke

EscGeek

Veteran
Why not go the full way, since AI is apparently so cool that it HAS to infiltrate/overtake all parts of our life? Why not have AI-generated artists that present AI-generated songs to an AI-generated sample of -why not ? - AI-generated fans with an AI-generated taste and let the AI-generated votes decide an AI-generated winner. Soo coooooool! xpuke
That would obviously be an overkill:lol:
But i see no harm in having a few entries like that.
In the old days we've had some children competing at eurovision and thats a fun trivial fact and something that can't be repeated in the foreseeable future. I see the same opportunity for AI.

Sammy

Veteran
That would obviously be an overkill:lol:
But i see no harm in having a few entries like that.
In the old days we've had some children competing at eurovision and thats a fun trivial fact and something that can't be repeated in the foreseeable future. I see the same opportunity for AI.
children are human beings, AI is not. Children did not replace human beings, AI is on the way to replace them: now the songwriters and composers, the next step may be the artists (think of the holograms we’ve already seen in some NF. I don‘t like this tendency at all and I doubt it can be stopped once it is put in place.

Marcos C

Then there is the question of who gets the songwriting credit for this particular song. I guess that Casperaki, the tech company that owns the AI, would get the songwriting credit.

I think that songwriting should be left to the humans.

Bobjan FR

What i understood is that the AI is gonna make demos for songs... after that, the 10 best demos will be chosen, then the songs will be fully writen and "finished" by humans. So the demo is making the basis, but not the entire thing.

Mainshow

Veteran
What i understood is that the AI is gonna make demos for songs... after that, the 10 best demos will be chosen, then the songs will be fully writen and "finished" by humans. So the demo is making the basis, but not the entire thing.

Demo versions, however, depict musical or lyrical ideas crafted by musicians and singers or songwriters. It's the core essence of a song and provides the main ideas and sound(s) to listeners or artists/producers.
The final touches or changing a few words are important but the biggest part of a song has already been crafted when the demo has been produced.

It's a terrible idea.
If musicians can't come up with their own demo version because they lack creativity, a vision or skills - they should pursue a differenlt profession.

It's time the EBU came up with rules to prevent this mess from happening.

Marcos C

The Grand Final of Una Voce per San Marino is going to be held one week earlier than originally scheduled. Here is the new date:

February 24

Top Bottom