(All I need is love)
Nessuno mi può giudicare
(All I need is love)
Ti fidi di me?
(All I need is love)
Che stupido uomo

I don’t know​

hpp0

I'm not convinced that it was only the juries that didn't like it, but it was a fun performance and had some really good camera shots.

I don't think it contributed to its non qualifications, but I preferred it when the floor was covered in smoke throughout the whole performance, it just looked cooler.

Hamsterwheel

So I have calmed down....

THE JURIES NEED BINNING!

I can't believe the inane crap that they send through (I won't mention any for fear of offending anyone, but anyone who agrees knows exactly the shit i mean), I don't see how the televote audience don't do a better job than the juries, the only thing I would like the juries to look at is things that the televote audience fail to pick up on, and that is generally a look at the composition and originality of either the song or the stage show.

That said if the televote haven't placed this to qualify....

THE TELEVOTERS NEED BINNING...

:ROFLMAO:

I had a first time viewer of this and she thought "woah that's a bit much" to being really sad San Marino didn't qualify...

And that's the only objective reason I can come up with, perhaps it was too much, gloriously too much...

May I add I was never the hugest fan of the song, but come off it not to see that the contest is lesser for not having this in...

grazy2266

I was really hoping for San Marino to get through last night, it wasn't on my watch list before I saw the staging, the package was good. It will be interesting to see all the result's breakdown after tomorrow, I have a feeling this only just missed out, with Belgium taking its spot.

Zerocalcare

Some, mainly the extremist fans of the bubble, considered Achille Lauro's song "A little too irreverent". This is Punk Rock! 😃 First they complain that the ESC is politically correct, that the jury only loves beautiful voices, overestimates the boring and honeyed Italian ballads, and that it leaves no room for highly regarded themes like "I Love Britney" and the brave struggle of matriarchy and then... when an Italian brings a song like that and they're cold and say it's shit 🤣

I'm sorry but Achille Lauro has taught many toxic boppers what irreverence means without being vulgar and that the ESC is a contest with strict rules of behavior (perhaps more than Sanremo). Måneskin last year only won because they managed to build a great song that didn't suffer from the censorship work established by the EBU 😎

We "Stripper lovers" have already won:gimmefive:

#acceptit
#donotcry
#clickSayYaytobehappy
#weareirreverent
#longlivesincerity

Bobjan FR

I bet it's a fail from jury and public vote.... What i saw before i that too many people doesn't like this song, but really doesn't like, i didn't saw any poll where san marino got through semi final, and his video has like 45% of dislikes. The performance yesterday was entertaining, but may have make people flee as well.

Brandt

I think the song had the potential to make it to the final, but Achille came rather too edgy for the audience maybe? Although I am not bothered by the performance, the intensity was over the top, and it is not in a good way.

That being said, the bullride was the peak of the performance. I was like wwhhooooaa go my boy! at that moment.

Milos-BC

Rock is my favorite genre but that was just...dreadful. It was painful to watch and to listen as well.

A deserved elimination.

Datura

I was really entertained and because of that it was my Personal nummer 10 of SF2. But the song itself is just bad so i would never vote for it just because of the performance and i can see other people doing the same

tuorem

Serhat remains the undefeated GOAT. xdancexyes
Dad remains unbothered for one more year. xheat

When I think the Sammarinese team probably believed they were making a safe investment when selecting Lauro, but instead just equalled "The Social Network Song (oh oh uh oh oh)... :LOL:

:sm: really is the funnest and funniest nation to follow at Eurovision. I hope they''ll never withdraw.

Zerocalcare

Now it is fashionable to consider Achille Lauro's song overrated and bad. Probably, after a few years, it will be re-evaluated or become a guilty pleasure or part of an unpopular opinion of a forumist that many will share.

I am speaking as a person who does not love Achille Lauro. In fact, I've always hated it. I've always thought of him as an overrated artist who has never made good music. I have always seen Achille Lauro as a performer whose performances were conceptual (brainy, to put it easily). However this year, although he still does not enter my heart, I have seen an improvement that I have appreciated very much.

The musical genre is Punk Rock so let's not be surprised if the musical structure is strange and provocative. Punk Rock is this. It is "garage music" with irreverent and revolutionary themes. Ok Achille Lauro's voice was not like Ochman's (in Rome you would exclaim "Me cojoni!"*) And Punk Rock may not be for everyone but the performance was spatial! Have you ever seen such a crazy and energetic performance at the ESC?

For several years I have been reading many Eurofans who complain that Italy does not send artists of the same genre and caliber as Achille Lauro to the ESC. This is the answer: assured failure (as the brave French experiment Alvan & Ahez failed and the Electric Callboy's for Germany would also fail). This year we Italians had an experiment that we could do and it was LRDL. We were as far-sighted as ever not to take risks. To take risks, you still have to be certain. Italy always manages to be competitive because it reflects well on strategy and fishes well from the luxuriant deck of its NF. In here when I wrote this I was laughed at and told that "We Italians take ourselves too seriously and should think about having fun". Funny words when you see that the same people who write these words are the first to be competitive and to shoot acid on the entries of others. In Italy they say "Being a priest who preaches well but scratches badly". An Italy that is always competitive bothers, begins to bore and begins to instill in the minds of others a silly sense of inferiority.

However, if "strange songs" like that of Achille Lauro had brought them to other nations, the bubble would have started to deform with excitement. Themes like "I Love Britney", madness, high-level trashy elements (very dear to euro revelers) and irreverence would have transformed that singer into a god on earth. That someone does not dare to give me the example of Albania that eliminated itself due to a wrong staging and would never shine because of the unanimous decree of the bubble that saw in "In Corpore Sano" a mythological entry.

*Author's note: the expression of the Roman dialect "Me cojoni" is used for different situations:
  1. When something is obvious.
  2. When something surprises you.
  3. To mock someone.
In this message the value of this dialect expression is found in point n ° 1 :geek:xrofl

Top Bottom