Nessuno mi può giudicare
(All I need is love)
Ti fidi di me?
(All I need is love)
Che stupido uomo

I don’t know​

mauve

Veteran
Achille Lauro, for me, has avoided attending pre-festivals because he wants to focus on building his own performance and doesn't want to reveal his secrets. He wants to shock during the main event. The excuses we read about his non-participation in pre-festivals are just a polite and intelligent way of declining the offer.
I don't know if this is the reason why he canceled, but I for my part think that he doesn't have to change much about his staging, except maybe some lights' effects. I love the way he owns the stage and I am certain that he will stand out in the more adapted behaviour of the other contestants. I hope so much that Achille will make it to the final. We really need someone as rebellious and punk as him! xheat

Dozypoints

I was tempted to think about the Covid idea but then I gave up. Covid has often been used as a clever excuse by many people. Achille Lauro, this does not do him much honor, he did the same. Evidently, he or whoever thought that participating in the Pre Party would bring no advantage. Those who still doubt this should ask themselves "If Achille Lauro and his band were affected by Covid why will they participate in BATTITI LIVE /“ MSC CRUISES - THE MUSIC JOURNEY ”on March 31st?".
Turns out Battiti Live wasn't that live after all, but filmed weeks ago :rolleyes:

Milos-BC

Even though this is a genre that I like the most, for me, this is the weakest :sm: entry ever. I find everything quite irritating.

I think it is more or less a sure non-qualifier unless he pulls off something magnificent.

1 point.

Fluke

Wow, like, did anyone expect that awesome staging! I really think this can qualify now, it will be a show for sure.... i still don't like the song, though.

I bims

Veteran
The song was fine but this staging elevates the whole package so much.

What's even funnier: Michael Ben David gets outgayed by a straight guy. This is effortlessly gay and campy, while Michael just serves "tryhard theatre gay".

Zerocalcare

Anyone who knows Achille Lauro knew he would give his best in performance. What is amazing is that "Stripper" is a great song, a great Punk Rock. Achille Lauro is in fact famous more for his irreverent performances rather than for his musical production. I have always thought that he is a singer who reflects the energy and transgression that Eurofans like so much but I never wanted him to participate as an Italian representative. He, as a representative of San Marino, can express himself without any concern and without suffering from the virulent attacks of that part of the bubble that considers Italy overrated every year. By participating for San Marino, Achille Lauro may perhaps reach a record ranking. If he had participated for Italy, the "not my cup of tea" would have been wasted and he would have finished twenty-third.

Hamsterwheel

Everything for me about this guy is faux! His performance is just part of a very worn course...

Fluke

It's not looking good for this, Israel and Georgia considering what the juries did to Albania and Latvia in the first semi. They seem to hate anything that's fun and different this year, and deliberately put the dullest songs on top to spite the televoters!

Hamsterwheel

I assume most people have seen the leaks. From that, this has to be a very likely qualifier!

And I was trying to not like it either (see previous comment that I stand by...)

Last edited:
Top Bottom