Commentary section in her performance video is going wild with Russian comments

mauve

Veteran
How's the reaction in Russia?
Commentary section in her performance video is going wild with Russian comments

Probably thinking they were robbed.;)

AlekS

Veteran
I blame it everything on the broadcaster.

She applied with her songs. The broadcaster rejected all of them.
Then they forced her to shoot the music video that she didn't like - and she said about that :?

Then they created this staging based on the music video that she didn't like :?

Salvador didn't rehearse. They should have done the same... but instead she went through all the rehearsals, they took her to bizarre political demonstration like some puppet, they took her to the red carpet, she gave like gadzillion interviews. She looked exhausted till the limit during the live broadcast. Imho they cared about everything but HER performance.

Ezio

Veteran
Yulia is heartbroken

32169267_2132897583596120_7358464547935485952_n.jpg

That is a life crushing moment. To be the first representative of a European powerhouse that fails at Eurovision. I think the representative of 2011 should have been the first and not her. She is ruined now.

Dutchie

If the song would have better lyrics and a better performance it actually would have had a good chance. I do like the overall song

A-lister

Veteran
The pictures of Yulia crying are just xshrug

I mean many of the acts that failed to qualify cried, they are just milking the whole handicapped thing to make it look worse. I mean I feel for her and her struggles, I might be critical of the entry and her "vocals" and also some of the political stuff, but it doesn't mean I can't feel for her as a person, but let's not make her less of a person than anyone else though. I think it's actually condescending and dehumanizing that she is used as some sort of symbol or tool.

John1

Ommgggg I feel so sad for Julia, I think that this broadcaster should be really ashamed of itself if they truly rejected all of the songs that she submitted and forced her to choose and sing an entry that didn't fit with her vocals nor her personality.

I hope that it'll get better next year with Russia 1. The latter tends to make some efforts in order to get a decent result at least.

Nicfedy

Indeed, it is harsh for all the non qualifiers. UK said the semi finals are brutal. But if you enter you take the risk, get a grip and deal with it.

Milos-BC

I feel bad for her indeed but this elimination of :ru: is well-deserved. They just got burned by the fire that they were playing with since the beginning.

It would be very sad if this entry took someone else's place in the final. All the best to her but this just didn't deserve to go through as literally...... everything was bad. To say the least.

Realest

Im so disgusted how many people feel sorry for her although she deserved this. Noone feels sorry for Laura, Cristina or Christabelle who could have made it with a bit luck. #nohatejustsayin

Ezio

Veteran
Im so disgusted how many people feel sorry for her although she deserved this. Noone feels sorry for Laura, Cristina or Christabelle who could have made it with a bit luck. #nohatejustsayin

Russia provoked the non-qualification on Yulia's expense. They forced everything upon her to make her look bad. She had no say in anything. Russia probably wanted to ruin her and they succeeded. And Russia hates Europe more than ever, so they have an excuse to withdraw. And EBU will see their viewing figures tumble.

Yulya looks like a tool and she did not get it. I am sorry for her.

Laura and Christabelle just failed on a more voluntary level.

Realest

Russia provoked the non-qualification on Yulia's expense. They forced everything upon her to make her look bad. She had no say in anything. Russia probably wanted to ruin her and they succeeded. And Russia hates Europe more than ever, so they have an excuse to withdraw. And EBU will see their viewing figures tumble.

Yulya looks like a tool and she did not get it. I am sorry for her.

Laura and Christabelle just failed on a more voluntary level.

Noone forced her to accept this offer. She could reject the whole Esc-Participation from the beginning. But if she accepts this offer, she has to deal with a potential defeat.

blein

By reading 100-300 comments from her video and social media , i can clearly say that people hate her now and hate 1st channel , also they feel ashamed for her performance and mad that they don't have a right to choose the act themselves.

John1

Noone forced her to accept this offer. She could reject the whole Esc-Participation from the beginning. But if she accepts this offer, she has to deal with a potential defeat.

Indeed, but they dared to reject all of her entries.

crashworld

Veteran
I agree. I feel for Yulia and her circumstance in ESC and that is not because she is a handicapped person. I think any person who has gone through what she has deserved some form of sympathy.

To be honest, I am a fan of the studio cut of the song. If you oversee the diction problems, the song has a very good message that gels with her personal experience in life general. But the problem is that the song does not suits Yulia's vocal abilities. We can see she failed to deliver during the 'live' performances. The staging was a mess. I would have preferred if she just sit in her wheelchair and sing the song out. The mountain analogy is great but they failed in translating the message in the staging. I think she could have potentially qualify if she enters with "A Flame Is Burning", a simple staging could have been effective.

And to the person who said "noone forced her to accept this offer", yes no one did. But it's Eurovision - the biggest musical event in the world, why would she want to throw away this great opportunity?

yulichka

You know guys, tbh, I have no clue whether she realized she was last year's Kremlin's project or not, but on the day of last year's first semifinal she did go to Crimea illegally again. Nobody forced her to post anti-EU comments on Facebook, she did post them (don't get why she wanted to represent Russia on EUROvision since it is EU-based contest).
BUT! Believe me, everyone (!) hates her now in Russia. Everyone is angry at her. Her whole music career in Russia is ruined. I don't really feel for her for "What goes around comes back around"(c).

Top Bottom