4 3.7%

3 2.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

AliceEsc

I like the song, the performance on the other hand not so much. I envisioned something more ethereal and this is too "firm"? I don't know.
:8: from me, I like the song a lot.

SirPeterGriffin

Jeez... There are already some Portuguese fans saying we will finish 15th because of Serbia...
Grito is miles above...
Don't worry, this is the same people who chose non-factor Viva la Vida over Salvador, you know, the guy who swept the all thing. Hate to say it but portuguese simply don't know how to read the room and tend to be terrible predictors of the contest. But when she makes a respectable result, you better believe they'll just pretend that they always supported her.

ZoboCamel

Happy to see this win! This was my narrow favourite of the selection, and it's very well performed.

I'm not fully on the hype train like some people are - that seems to be a common occurrence with me and Portugal - but this is clearly a quality entry. The vocals are immaculate, and the quieter sections of the song have a sort of ethereal beauty to them.

My only issue is that the middle half of the song loses me a bit. I'm not sure why, but the section from about 1:00 to 2:30 just doesn't capture me the same way, despite ramping up the drama and instrumentation in a way I'd usually be on board with. It starts to feel a bit flat, somehow, until that big high note kicks in at 2:30 and leads us to a strong ending.

Still, I like it, and it's got potential to grow. :7: for now.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Listening to it live, I actually quite liked it - in studio iirc I wasn't that fussed by it at all and i'll probably not listen to it again going forward but it was good. She has a great voice also, especially when she hits that note. Visually though I don't think this staging was it, they need to redo this, especially them horrendous outfits on the backing dancers (them mask things??). I found myself wanting to click away to another tab while trying to watch. Herself and the song deserve better staging. Overall I'm gonna give it a :6:. I did almost give a 7 but I've held off

mauve

Veteran
My favorite would have been Borsch - a bit sad that the Juries tanked this, even though predictable. Iolanda was my second choice, but I don't like the staging at all. Hope that she might work on it. She should make it to the GF easily in May though! An :8: for now!

ayzelto

What a good song! Better than in studio tbh, I think the staging elevates it. However, it’s not the easiest to digest, and I am scared this will the Telémoveis/Eaea with a semifinal with only televote… anyway, it’s 8 points from me and straight into my top 10 of the year!

Rocket man

One of my top 5 favourites for Eurovision this year. And it's a strong year for me, so many entries that I like.

Mainshow

Veteran
:7: from me - I like the song and I think that the performance is quite good as well.
Usually, I'm all in for these type of entries "which aren't too easy to digest" but somehow I'm missing some more memorable elements in the song but overall, her (vocal) performance is mesmerising but I think I have to listen to it a few more times to fully appreciate it.
:pt: is serving some quality again, though.

marty

I like it. I think it can get a good result in Malmö. I give 7 points.

empo21

Veteran
Another year, another :pt: entry whose hype I don't get...

This just comes and goes, so i dont know how good its qualification chances are. If Albania sent this, it'd be at the bottom of the rankings xthink :3:

VikingTiger

I dont know what's happening to me. I used to like these slow songs with a very portuguese flavour. Than ended with Saudade Saudade - an entry that i strongly disliked but that did really well in the competition. And now Grito - I find the staging really good, and Iolandas vocals are great. But I really cant connect to the song. All in all this will be right there in the middele, and I have given a 6.

Laepo1

:12:!

This song is much better live, and the scream she let out at the end of the winners performance makes me shiver, such a great control

pjelacki

Let me bring some Debbie Downer energy:

This song is a toilet break. :2: Just like Serbia.

It's not your fault. Because of entries like Croatia, Estonia, Finland etc. I just don't have the required attention span capability for ballads anymore.

nudiecrudi

I gave an 8.
I liked the vibe and her interpretation.
It has good chances to qualify.
Good luck

Top Bottom