Maybe not tonight

Love is…
Love is…
Love is…

Love is on my side
Maybe not tonight​

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowfuxcs

Hum... I think the general optimism after rehearsals comes from maybe qualifying. I don't think anyone expects Portugal to win lol
In the escunited podcast they said it has the potential of a Common Linnets result and Roy said they had the best rehearshal and are even going for the win.

goncalovieira

Jesus christ... we just overpassed Albania in the odds for qualification. Since 9AM, the chances to go through increased 14%.

11. Austria 42%
10. Albania 59%
9. Portugal 60%
8. Serbia 62%

That was unexpected. I still do not believe that RTP was inteligent in terms of staging a song. o_O

Decayingbooks

In the escunited podcast they said it has the potential of a Common Linnets result and Roy said they had the best rehearshal and are even going for the win.
The portuguese delegation and the Black Mamba are aiming for a qualification and a good result at the final, not a win.
They've been aware that the song wasn't well received by the fandom and the focus of the band was to do their job, do a great performance and try to get some gigs in the future in europe, Tatanka(the singer) has been trying to make the band international and they are using this opportunity for that.

lacrymea

Well, I watched escunited stream and they were obviously surprised, perhaps considering the low expectations. Roy thought they had the best staging so far. One of the other guys said Lisbon 2022,but I don't think he meant it seriously. They were just happily surprised, that's what I read from it.

goncalovieira

Seriously... I can not understand when people compares Austria 2015 with Portugal 2021.
Even the music style is from another dimension.
Maybe some flashbacks with the vocals, but nothing more.

Decayingbooks

Seriously... I can not understand when people compares Austria 2015 with Portugal 2021.
I associate Love is on my side with Latvia 2019, it's a similar genre, both are a band, both use on-screen effect and I it find amusing that The Black Mamba kinda answers Carousel's question: "Where are you my love?"

Ladynoir

The rehearsal has changed my opinion on the song quite a bit. I have judged this song too promptly after my NF's deception (for both Karetus and the fact that Portugal was not singing in Portuguese).

They're very professional, they have have a strong identity and to me this is probably Portugal's best staging since Senhora do Mar (outside from Amar Pelos Dois). They took their idea and pushed it as far as they could and I respect that entry for its artistic value, even tho I know I won't find myself listening to it outside of the contest.

I had them NQ but now I am not so sure. I think it can get a decent score and find its way to the grand final.

Ezio

Veteran
I don't get it either, because Makemakes were wonderful and Black Mamba are dreadful.

goncalovieira

Wiwibloggs editors did not mention Portugal as a grower or anything... That is really strange. Especially when everyone else took Portugal for the top of best rehearsals of the day.

• Hatrið
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
Wiwibloggs editors did not mention Portugal as a grower or anything... That is really strange. Especially when everyone else took Portugal for the top of best rehearsals of the day.
They don't like it, so they are not objective AT ALL! :cautious:

Last edited:

lacrymea

Wiwibloggs just lost their way and aren't even trying to hide it anymore. It's a complete waste of time by now.

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

midnightsun

Veteran
I don't get it either, because Makemakes were wonderful and Black Mamba are dreadful.
I agree with you what the Makemakes are concerned but Portugal is so so good too! ;)

- - - - -

By the way, if this wins, please remember I was their #1 fan here, loving it from the start and they always got points from me in the weekly poll here! Now that all the „glory hunters“ are coming out of their holes. I want free concerts seats, okay, Black Mamba? :ROFLMAO:

Jokes aside, I don’t think they‘ll win, but I want them to qualify so badly, hehe! Please vote them to the final because I can’t! :cry:

Shadowfuxcs

They have beards and white hats. It's not as common in eurovision as you'd think. I associate them all the time and I know it's wrong.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I mean I wouldn't mind seeing this winning as an esc in :pt: is still my best chance to watch live :lol:

PARABAINS on having a good staging for once guys!!!!!

sis if w*w* is not mentioning it then it's good ;)

goncalovieira

Gonçalo Madail (RTP producer and director) was the main head behind the portuguese staging.

Zeus

Already better than Mr. Pancake from Belgium.

Top Bottom