Love is…
Love is…
Love is…

Love is on my side
Maybe not tonight​

Last edited by a moderator:

revallsay

The Black Mamba - Love Is On My Side - Portugal

What is going on here? Portugal sings in English? I have not expectaed it. The singer has an interesting voice, but honestly, I cannot see thins qualifing. It may lost among other songs. But nice try Portugal ;)

5/12

Decayingbooks

Hey guys

Guess what's Tatanka's favorite Eurovision entry in 2021.

Lead-singer Pedro Tatanka expressed his admiration for Barbara Pravi and her song "Voilà" in an interview. Talking about favorite singers in the music industry, he said: "I was very surprised by the singer representing France in Eurovision. Listen to the song, if you can. It’s spectacular. Half Edith Piaf, no accessories. Strings, a piano and she just rocking it. Unbelievable. Really good. It really moves you. I was impressed".

For those who understand portuguese, you can listen to the full interview here.
Unless the french delegation botches the staging, France will most likely win the 12 of the Portuguese judges and score high with the televote.
Gjon will most likely get the 12 from the judges in the semifinal but I'm unsure how he will be scored in the final, Portugal in 2019 was the only one to give 24 points(12 judges, 12 televote) to Duncan and we in Portugal usually like music in french, but there are some songs from semi 1 and from the big 5 (France, maybe Spain ) that could score higher than him.

Romeo

A more creative song like this one would have been so much more interesting.

That's the sort of song that Georgia would send. Something different, with an edge. Love is on my side is the bottom of my table this year but Ride the sun would have been a lot higher

Dessi

This song/man/voice is sooooo good!!!xheart:love:
I know that I have written here so many times before, but I am so angry....
I see people arguing about songs being "generic", "as usual", "so typical" and so on.......
And then we have a GEM like this song.... and people just don't get it.... they just move away with no comments at all.... :cry:

It is so strange that people rather write A LOT in threads of songs they really hate, than in threads of song the are OK with or even like....
I don't get this at all.... :cautious::unsure:

anto475

I really really can't stand this. There's something so off-putting about it. The lead singer's weird voice, his ponytail (men with ponytails :sick:), an all-white jazz/blues band called "The Black Mamba", not to mention that, as a song, it's weak afffffffff. I always respect Portugal for trying new things but they didn't have to spell it out that they didn't want to qualify

Ezio

Veteran
I have to come to terms with the fact, that ESCunited panel thinks that Portugal gave them the most winner vibes so far. Because these lyrics and the voice are really not for me.

Gitte

not winner, but left side of the scoreboard dark horse confirmed. I am not a big fan myself but I recognize the *potential*

midnightsun

Veteran
I really really can't stand this. There's something so off-putting about it. The lead singer's weird voice, his ponytail (men with ponytails :sick:), an all-white jazz/blues band called "The Black Mamba", not to mention that, as a song, it's weak afffffffff. I always respect Portugal for trying new things but they didn't have to spell it out that they didn't want to qualify
The snake is called like that, so should they rename to White Mamba only because they are white? lol Apart from that, not all mambas are black. This is probably the most ridiculous comment I‘ve read for a while, sorry :D

hijirio

Veteran
Winner vibes? XD

I think they will escape the last place of the semi, they made ok-ish use of the stage and his vocals were good, but this is still not qualifying.

DanielLuis

I,, for one, thought this was qualifying long before the rehearsal. It's gonna click really well the juries, top 5 for them in this semi, and that alone is probably enough to guarantee a Q in such a weak semi-final. The elevation by the staging is just gonna give us a few more extra televotes and help the qualifying case even more.

anto475

The snake is called like that, so should they rename to White Mamba only because they are white? lol Apart from that, not all mambas are black. This is probably the most ridiculous comment I‘ve read for a while, sorry :D
Of course that's what the snake is named, but I've heard it used a lot to refer to black men in an objectifying and racist way. But anyway, there's more issues with this than whatever I'm reading into it in terms of race

Shadowfuxcs

Ok so from the pictures and the snippet I can't see anything that I like. I have the song as a possible qualifier in my head and that still stands but I cannot see it as a winner.

Top Bottom