60 29.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

njdevils94

Veteran
Imagine Blanka continuing the qualification streak for Poland. I would live for the moment the almost* entire Polish/ESC fandom apologize for their oversight. #blankaFTW

*I said "almost" as there are some of us who believe in Blanka's supremacy.
It would probably mean more rigged Polsh NF's in the future.

crashworld

Veteran
It would probably mean more rigged Polsh NF's in the future.

Even if Blanka flops on her arse, it's not like it's going to stop TVP from rigging its own national selection in the future anyway. The issue is so deep rooted as per the Polish people here, so unless there is a complete overhaul in the TVP management, I doubt anything will be done to change the situation.

LivingOrganism

Even if Blanka flops on her arse, it's not like it's going to stop TVP from rigging its own national selection in the future anyway. The issue is so deep rooted as per the Polish people here, so unless there is a complete overhaul in the TVP management, I doubt anything will be done to change the situation.
We have parliamentary elections later this year. Hopefully we might see some change after those.

crashworld

Veteran
#ApelDoTVP and #blankaisoverparty are trending in Poland, meanwhile Blanka posts this on instagram (translation taken from reddit)

qsfm02gnqzla1.png

this is how you put out the fire with gasoline y'all

I mean it's a situation where "damn if she does, damn if she doesn't". I do feel sorry for her. And the "weird" thing is that she did afterall come 2nd in the televote so it's not like she is completely unwanted by the Polish public (of course, people can argue that her record label could have deployed SIM-card army to vote for her, but that's another conversation altogether).

I wonder if it would have been better if she was selected internally since she is a relatively new face in Polish so there is less "digust" for her compared to Rafal (since Rafal has been known for being TVP's pet). Now it seems like she is facing 10x the heat that Rafal has faced - 1st for "robbing" the fan favourite, 2nd for not being a great performer. #poorblanka

EscGeek

Veteran
I mean it's a situation where "damn if she does, damn if she doesn't". I do feel sorry for her. And the "weird" thing is that she did afterall come 2nd in the televote so it's not like she is completely unwanted by the Polish public (of course, people can argue that her record label could have deployed SIM-card army to vote for her, but that's another conversation altogether).

I wonder if it would have been better if she was selected internally since she is a relatively new face in Polish so there is less "digust" for her compared to Rafal (since Rafal has been known for being TVP's pet). Now it seems like she is facing 10x the heat that Rafal has faced - 1st for "robbing" the fan favourite, 2nd for not being a great performer. #poorblanka
Polish eurovision fans have a certain "reputiation":p

Luke Black, Gustaph, Reiley and Monika Linkyte also didn't win the televote and they recieved nowhere near as much backlash as Blanka.

crashworld

Veteran

Luke Black, Gustaph, Reiley and Monika Linkyte also didn't win the televote and they recieved nowhere near as much backlash as Blanka.

I don't know about the other national selections, but did the winner "rob" the fan favourite?
The only reason I can think of why they didn't get the backlash (bar Reiley) as the other 3 seem competent performers as compared to our sexeeeehhhh Blanka.

EscGeek

Veteran
I don't know about the other national selections, but did the winner "rob" the fan favourite?
The only reason I can think of why they didn't get the backlash (bar Reiley) as the other 3 seem competent performers as compared to our sexeeeehhhh Blanka.
All 5 of them are competent performers. xbeee

HarryUK

Veteran

They haven't met British eurofans when Rina isn't selected as our entrant

Verjamem

- Jury's member, Agustin Egurrola. His dancing group was responsible for Blanka's choreography.
- Instead of calming down the situation, maybe presenting her detailed votes, Edyta Górniak prefered to fight against Eurofans.
- We have a unsolved issue with Edyta's son, who was sitting in green room with Blanka. He tried to explain "I don't know her, I thought she was one of dancers". Personally I don't really buy it, maybe I'm just typical Polish fan sending death threats.
- TVP still didn't show detailed jury's voting results.
- TVP pretends like everything is fine, they prefer to remain silent, even though shit got real. Only day after NF, they showed final results (televoting + juries).
- Televoting was closed just like that, without any countdown, reminder to vote.

Bmbriga

I would probably feel more sorry for her if she didn't have a contract with Warner Music.
I still can't get over that fact. xwall

Semra

In one way, yeah, I feel a little bit sorry for her. That's human. My angel side.

My devil side is in full bloom and says "Yeah, but I expect just a minimum of self-awareness. If you can't sing, can't dance, can't be a real musician... Why did you start all this?" It seems to be all about looks to me. And I can promise you, if it was me, I would go into a corner - not to Liverpool. If people in and outside of my country "hated" on me so much (like she says)... I wouldn't or couldn't do it. My ego just isn't that big.

Semra

- Jury's member, Agustin Egurrola. His dancing group was responsible for Blanka's choreography.
- Instead of calming down the situation, maybe presenting her detailed votes, Edyta Górniak prefered to fight against Eurofans.
- We have a unsolved issue with Edyta's son, who was sitting in green room with Blanka. He tried to explain "I don't know her, I thought she was one of dancers". Personally I don't really buy it, maybe I'm just typical Polish fan sending death threats.
- TVP still didn't show detailed jury's voting results.
- TVP pretends like everything is fine, they prefer to remain silent, even though shit got real. Only day after NF, they showed final results (televoting + juries).
- Televoting was closed just like that, without any countdown, reminder to vote.
It's bad. And the changing of rules a few days before...

Can I ask you; What do you think the biggest issue is? The Warner music contract, other connections or the fact Jann may be (we don't even know?) non binary or anything other than hetero? Was the jury afraid of Jann winning or afraid of Blanka NOT winning?

Bmbriga

Personally, I think it was about Blanka winning, because if they didn't want Jann they had other options.
They could have make Dominik first, put Alicia's snoozefest second.
Jann wasn't really good vocally, they could have made Blanka 4th and him 5th and people who sang good infront of them. Usual stuff jury that does all the time and nobody is suspicious about.
But when you make that trainwreck first people start to wonder.

Verjamem

Can I ask you; What do you think the biggest issue is? The Warner music contract, other connections or the fact Jann may be (we don't even know?) non binary or anything other than hetero? Was the jury afraid of Jann winning or afraid of Blanka NOT winning?
Yes, Warner's influence seems to huge, but if you will look into Top 3 in jury's voting, all of them are connected to TVP. Blanka performed at their New Year's Eve, Dominik Dudek won last edition of The Voice of Poland (produced by TVP) and Felivers are core band in "Jaka to melodia" (Polish version of Name That Tune). That spices up theory of Jann's downvoting + looks like jurors were instructed, how to vote.

Here in Poland we are not really wondering/discussing about Jann's identity, but we are sure TVP was aware of his high chances.

I bims

Veteran
#ApelDoTVP and #blankaisoverparty are trending in Poland, meanwhile Blanka posts this on instagram (translation taken from reddit)

qsfm02gnqzla1.png

this is how you put out the fire with gasoline y'all
You would think the worst thing would be death threats or sexist/ personal insults but no... it's people pointing out the rigging. That's how you know that this was written by a PR team concerned with how the broadcaster looks and not a real person sharing their perspective. Trash.

I hope hope hope your elections later this year will lead to changes, this corrupt garbage belongs in the fucking bin.

Semra

Yes, Warner's influence seems to huge, but if you will look into Top 3 in jury's voting, all of them are connected to TVP. Blanka performed at their New Year's Eve, Dominik Dudek won last edition of The Voice of Poland (produced by TVP) and Felivers are core band in "Jaka to melodia" (Polish version of Name That Tune). That spices up theory of Jann's downvoting + looks like jurors were instructed, how to vote.

Here in Poland we are not really wondering/discussing about Jann's identity, but we are sure TVP was aware of his high chances.
Aah, so that's new to me (Top 3 connected to TVP). Because in the days after Blankas win most people said it was because of conservative and/or Christian values among some of the judges and/or government. That it was homophobia. Not among the public, but some judges.

Now it seems much bigger than that.

Top Bottom