Who'd wanna be a king
Pulling too many strings
All that I've done
Oh Lord, I'm done

Gonna take my body down
Right down, down, down to the river​

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerocalcare

I am very happy with the work of Poland. "River" is a great song that with the right stage presentation can become epic, much more epic than "Arcade" (this doesn't mean getting a sure win at the ESC though). Imagine the cascades of the "Sun Within" stage flowing as Ochman sings "River"... is it possible not to be fascinated? The song is technically very solid. It is a modern ballad that mixes sweetness with a captivating sound. Ochman has a great voice and that's another plus point. For me, so far the Top 10 insured. Victory, on the other hand, I see difficult because it is a year with so many solid and more fresh ballads. That said, a difficult win doesn't mean it's impossible to achieve. Good luck, Ochman!

Iker

Veteran
That doesn't mean anything. Maybe he likes straight-acting geys that you can find in some football teams. You know, you know.
giphy-downsized-large.gif
There have to be some gays playing professional football right? I have only heard about like two active male players with a coming out, but these guys were not stars. Football can be homophobic (especially certain crowds) so it remains obscure and there are certainly queer players who pretend they're straight or/and have so-called "beards".

Last edited:

Brandt

I was only hooked to this song because of his voice, which to me is quite impressive. It grew on me as I wanted to listen to his voice more times. It has become one of my favorites so far.

crashworld

Veteran
Just found out Mikołaj Dobrowolsk is staging this in May,
he did ''the Ride'' last year... xscared

I thought they did a pretty good job with Poland's staging late year. I preferred the "live-on-tape" version though. The weakest link is always going to be Daddy Rafal.

I mean TVP is giving Ochman what they gave to their golden boy. It means TVP is invested. It's actually a good sign.

Ezio

Veteran

Iker

Veteran
I thought they did a pretty good job with Poland's staging late year. I preferred the "live-on-tape" version though. The weakest link is always going to be Daddy Rafal.

I mean TVP is giving Ochman what they gave to their golden boy. It means TVP is invested. It's actually a good sign.
Yup, if not for cringy Rafał adlibbing, rather flat vocals and whatnot the performance /staging presentation alone would actually count as very good. I leave aside my personal dislike for the song itself here.

A-lister

Veteran

The staging was awful, looked like an unintentional parody.

So I se chances that TVP will eff up the staging once again are big (bad staging in adult ESC has been Poland's weak spot throughout the years, even at those few occasions when they had decent entries). The last time Poland had an entry with both a strong (and iconic!) staging combined with a strong song was 2014, but I think the difference back then was probably that the act had full artistic control of all the content (from song to staging).

Phoenix

This is a song that, in theory, I should love and it is ok, but it kinda leaves me cold to be honest. Don't know why exactly, perhaps it's too polished? Hmmm, either way it should do well and that's what matters in the end.

crashworld

Veteran
Our cutie Ochman did his live-on-tape performance yesterday:

He wore the same outfit from the music video. It looks like it's going to be all blue and dark. I hope that is not the staging for the live-on-tape performance. It looks way too simple.

And also, he will be doing 4 pre-parties this year, our boy is keeping himself busy as he should.
  • London Eurovision Party (United Kingdom) – 3rd April
  • Israel Calling (Tel Aviv, Israel) – 5th-8th April
  • Eurovision in Concert (Amsterdam, The Netherlands) – 9th April
  • PrePartyES (Madrid, Spain) – 15th-16th April
Source:

Last edited:
Top Bottom