Woman Show performed by Mathilde SPZ ft. Chris Archer & Slam Dunk

Green Lights performed by Miia
Take Me To Heaven performed by Thomas Jenssen
Heart of Fire performed by Myra

Touch of Venus performed by Eli Kristin
Stranded performed by Frederik Halland

Sparky

k initial ranking time

1. Super Rob & Erica Norwich - "My AI" (effortlessly the best laugh i've had during this preshow so far, now stage this with Gaute in a toy robot costume and Erica as a dilapidated barbie doll for max laffs)
2. Mathilde SPZ ft Chris Archer & Slam Dunk - "Woman Show" (actually GOOD eurodance omg we are not worthy. Only second here because FOMO >>>> )
3. Eli Kristin - "Touch of Venus" (unhinged campfest that segues effortlessly into a colatura stoccata. yes, yes so much)
4. Margaret Berger - "Oblivion" (it's a fun synthpop number, i just wish it was a bit more memorable beyond the AGGRO screechy beat)
5. MISTRA - "Waltz of Death" (this woman did "lenge leve livet" in 84 and returns for the most morose song every committed to chords. Now THAT is what I call personal growth and range, your faves could never)

6. Thomas Jenssen - "Take me to heaven" (this cigarette will either be the biggest live slay or the biggest live disaster, and i'm excited for either)
7. Myra - "Heart on fire" (She's giving "the non-embarrassing You Decides runner-up to lame winner" realness)
8. Vida Vilar - "MER" (literal telenovela intro music xheart)
9. MIIA - "Green Lights" (builds up nicely, needs a live performance to anchor this into either green or yellow)
10. Annprincess - "Save me" (i just stan that's her real name tbh xheart)
11. Gåte - "Ulveham" (has too many things going on, but the woman screaming in native dialect reminds me of Strazdas, and things that remind me of Strazdas are always at least light green)

12. Fredrik Halland - "Stranded" (This is You Let Me Walk Alone, but with a worse chorus. I COULD see this win because Norway are not to be trusted and I would be disappoitned if it did.) (but at least it wouldn't be KEiiNO :-) )
13. Dag Erik Oksvold & Anne Fagerno - "Judge Tendery of Mine" (Presents itself as an intimate country ballad and yet its libretto is full of Yodaisms. Sense making it does not.)
14. Mileo - "You're mine" (operates under the Milan Stankovic principle that he's VERY clearly a smarmy cringedemon that needs to be slain, but also is smarmy in just the right enough amount that it might circle back into hilarity)
15. Gothminister - "We come alive" ("WE COME ALIVE at [x]" at least two fucking dozen times.WE GET IT. All this repetition is just a distraction from the fact that the bag of tricks has been EMPTIED by the halfway mark, and we've just had the same experience with LotL)

16. Farida - "Heartache" (Is she in our out, you will soon find out what it's all about. How did you write three songs for MGP with TRESKO being the only good one. No wonder she denied being in this.)
17. Ingrid Jasmin - "Eya" ("What if Ela was an MGP song" is a question i never wanted answered, thanks for nothing Karlsen.)
18. KEiiNO - "Damdiggida" (Look, I LOVED Spirit and Monument, but this is just dumb and lame and derivative and insulting. It's okay to not like artists you normally enjoy when they miss. KEiiNO can be better than this, and this entry just underlnes their desperation. BE BETTER. If Monument lost, so must this)

Five in green is more than what I could hope for in previous MGP (lol I will 100% HATE My AI if it goes to ESC), hopefully the lives are good.

Look, it's kinda ok you dislike KEIINO, if you enjoy the generic tedium of Margaret Berger and the likes. But it's kinda weird when you put the MyAI trash in the first place.

salemsammy

Look, it's kinda ok you dislike KEIINO, if you enjoy the generic tedium of Margaret Berger and the likes. But it's kinda weird when you put the MyAI trash in the first place.
Because different people like different things? We can't all like the same things. I really liked my ai song.

theditz83

Veteran
@Sparky trust me - this thread will be a terribly toxic place for your mental sanity if you feel the need to respond to every comment that goes against your faves. I've been there in 2021, and I already know that Damdiggida will be far more divisive, so best to accept that everyone has their opinion, and don't let your excitement be diminished.

I really wish NRK would do what UMK does and release an "official" MGP video for each song to allow us to better track the views for all entries.

Kitakaze

I’d be curious to see how much a lot of sentiment would mysteriously change if you gave My AI to KEiiNO and Damdiggida to Erica Norwich & Super Rob.

Sparky

I’d be curious to see how much a lot of sentiment would mysteriously change if you gave My AI to KEiiNO and Damdiggida to Erica Norwich & Super Rob.
Obviously if they did bad music I wouldn't like them.

But really, putting that one at #1 and KEIINO at #18, it's just pure agenda.

salemsammy

Obviously if they did bad music I wouldn't like them.

But really, putting that one at #1 and KEIINO at #18, it's just pure agenda
Different People like different things. I liked my ai more than keiino song,is just personal taste. What's wrong with that really? You liked it,ok,but that means people have to like it because you liked it?

Sparky

Different People like different things. I liked my ai more than keiino song,is just personal taste. What's wrong with that really? You liked it,ok,but that means people have to like it because you liked it?

MyAI and Woman Show are built on the same 90s retro party vibe as Damdiggida. It's fine to not like that musical style, to find that cheap (honestly, most of the ESC contestants are cheap, but don't go that far). When you say the first two is #1 and #2, it means you enjoy that style. And when you rank the third as #18 (last), something is not okay. Maybe at #6 or #7 with the reasoning that it's not as good as the other two, but no. It's simply against the band. They didn't release anything, and the thread already had negative responses. I bet my house that with another Monument it would have been the reason: "what a lame way to please the jurors". Wait, that was what we saw back in 2021.

BTW I had no problem with your post (didn't reply to you), because it felt a true opinion without a hidden agenda, unlike the post I quoted.

salemsammy

After listening all the songs:

- favorites
miia - green lights
Farida - heartache
vidar villa - mer
super rob,Erika norwich - my ai
mileo - you're mine
eli kristin hanssveen - touch of venus
Fredrik halland - stranded

- liked
keiino - damdiggida
gate - ulveham
Thomas Jenssen - take me to heaven
gothminister - we come alive

- more or less
Margaret berger - oblivion
Myra - heart on fire
anne fagermo,dag erik oksvold - judge tenderly of me
Ingrid jasmin - eya
annprincess - save me

- didn't liked
Mathilde spz,Chris archer,slam dunk - woman show
mistra, Benedicte Adrian,anders odden - waltz of death
MyAI and Woman Show are built on the same 90s retro party vibe as Damdiggida. It's fine to not like that musical style, to find that cheap (honestly, most of the ESC contestants are cheap, but don't go that far). When you say the first two is #1 and #2, it means you enjoy that style. And when you rank the third as #18 (last), something is not okay. Maybe at #6 or #7 with the reasoning that it's not as good as the other two, but no. It's simply against the band. They didn't release anything, and the thread already had negative responses. I bet my house that with another Monument it would have been the reason: "what a lame way to please the jurors". Wait, that was what we saw back in 2021.
I liked my ai song,I even putted on my favorites list and keiino song I just think it's a ok song,I liked but it was not one of my favorites and I didn't liked woman show.

Marcos C

Here is an article with details about each of the MGP 2024 artists. It's in Norwegian, so if you don't speak the language, then get your translation apps handy. 📱

According to the article I shared earlier, this is who Super Rob in "My AI" is.

"Super Rob: a nearly three-meter-tall (10-foot-tall) robot updated with the latest AI technology. He works a bit like the digital assistant Siri. Sometimes he's downright brilliant, while other times he's just annoying. He is full of clichés and is not afraid to use them. Super Rob is here to help people and would rather just create a good atmosphere for the whole world."

Sparky

I liked my ai song,I even putted on my favorites list and keiino song I just think it's a ok song,I liked but it was not one of my favorites and I didn't liked woman show.

That's perfectly fine.

I like Woman Show and Damdiggida equally, but don't like MyAI for the reason because it copied Barbie Girl very blatantly, use quite terrible autotune as well. Yet, I like it better than most of the generic ballads here, because I vastly prefer something catchy and party style in the ESC than a tryhard juror pleaser.

Other than WS a DD, I only enjoyed Ulveham and Ghostminister's song. Normally I vastly prefer metal music over pop outside the ESC. Everything is fine until it's not driven by hidden agendas.

Kitakaze

Like @theditz83, I’ve just accepted that a small handful of the community are going to hate on KEiiNO specifically because they feel personally offended by them and their style of music, no matter what it is. What's ironic this year though is the praise being showered upon other songs that essentially share very similar musical elements and references whilst criticising them.

Not that it’s much indication of anything other than the fandom consensus but it’s surprising to see KEiiNO are currently leading by a good margin on the MyEurovisionScoreboard app given a lot of the negativity I’ve seen.

salemsammy

That's perfectly fine.

I like Woman Show and Damdiggida equally, but don't like MyAI for the reason because it copied Barbie Girl very blatantly, use quite terrible autotune as well. Yet, I like it better than most of the generic ballads here, because I vastly prefer something catchy and party style in the ESC than a tryhard juror pleaser.

Other than WS a DD, I only enjoyed Ulveham and Ghostminister's song. Normally I vastly prefer metal music over pop outside the ESC. Everything is fine until it's not driven by hidden agendas.
To tell you the truth,I like practically everything I hear,I just find it very hard for me not to like a song,If you asked me what type of song I don't like,I wouldn't even know what to say to you.
I like ballad,pop,rock,indie,edm,rap(in some cases),etc.
I would say I'm just easily impressed or I really like music,I don't know.

Last edited:

Sparky

Like @theditz83, I’ve just accepted that a small handful of the community are going to hate on KEiiNO specifically because they feel personally offended by them and their style of music, no matter what it is. What's ironic this year though is the praise being showered upon other songs that essentially share very similar musical elements and references whilst criticising them.

Not that it’s much indication of anything other than the fandom consensus but it’s surprising to see KEiiNO are currently leading by a good margin on the MyEurovisionScoreboard app given a lot of the negativity I’ve seen.

What's strange that the same people who are offended by their style of music find the generic ESC ballad or even party song fine. ESC is not a reference of high quality music, it's more about celebrating all-european values within a music festival. If somehow a few good songs filter inside, that's just a nice bonus. I think people are offended by KEIINO because deep inside they all feel they're a bit on a higher level than the average act, and probably the expectations from them are higher, like from the smartest kid from the school, who has to do better exams to get better scores. This means Damdiggida would get less bashing if it's made by a newborn act and has a bit of lesser quality.

SAYAY

According to the article I shared earlier, this is who Super Rob in "My AI" is.

"Super Rob: a nearly three-meter-tall (10-foot-tall) robot updated with the latest AI technology. He works a bit like the digital assistant Siri. Sometimes he's downright brilliant, while other times he's just annoying. He is full of clichés and is not afraid to use them. Super Rob is here to help people and would rather just create a good atmosphere for the whole world."
I suspect (based on the voice of Super Rob in the song) that there is at least one yellow space wolf inside that transformer if ya know what I mean:cool:;)

But I sincerely hope he takes off that transformer mask in the artists area, because the whole "who is behind the mask??" thing only works for me in Masked Singer now these days.

Last edited:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
What can I say. Rank on sentiment first, then rationalize later xheart

Besides, I know myself well enough to know that My AI will eventually grow stale once I'm off the high. Its first place on my ranking is good for now, as long as it does not go to malmö :-) (unfortunately it's between that one and Fredrik if I had to guess just based off the songs)

Not sure what I want to win tbh. The lives will determine that, but I have my eye on Touch of Venus tbh xheart

njdevils94

Veteran
Green Lights is my clear favorite from the selection off studio cuts. It'd be the most contemporary song Norway has sent in some time. Of course it most likely has no chance against the major tele-vote fan wanks Damdiggida and MY AI. :( For the record I prefer MY AI if it came down to it.

If Norway are going in to the party direction again I think Woman Show way better than those two. :cool: Oblivion and Ulveham are also very good and towards the top of my rankings. I like too Eya but it has fan flop written all over it. :censored: This isn't really a year for ballads in Norway. Judge Me Tenderly could be a moment on stage but I wasn't captured by it on first listen.

Datura

For my Personal taste theres nothing i really love in this preselection. Margaret Berger was actually my fave in 2013, i quite like oblivion too but it's nowhere as interesting and edgy as i feed you my love back then. (And i dont think it would work live without a huge amount of prerecorded vocals)

I wasnt a big Fan of keiinos spirit in the sky, i really liked Monument though. I do have to agree with those saying that this years entry is nowhere near these 2, imo it's even one of the worst Songs in this preselection. Others may be lame or uninteresting but this is just really hard to listen to for me personally because i find it so bad. No offense to anybody who enjoys it, i just absolutely don't.

I have no idea whos going to win this but i doubt norway will have another really great result this year.

Top Bottom