12. Mathilde SPZ ft. Chris Archer & Slam Dunk - Woman Show
13. Annprincess - Save Me

14. KEiiNO - Damdiggida
15. Margaret Berger - Oblivion

16. Myra - Heart On Fire
17. Vidar Villa - Mer

18. Thomas Jenssen - Take Me To Heaven

John1

There's only one option for Norway this year, and this has got to be Margaret Berger. Oblivion is not as strong as I Feed You My Love, but it's rather different and it kinda stands out from the whole pool of songs available at the moment.

SAYAY

What can I say. Rank on sentiment first, then rationalize later xheart

Besides, I know myself well enough to know that My AI will eventually grow stale once I'm off the high. Its first place on my ranking is good for now, as long as it does not go to malmö :-) (unfortunately it's between that one and Fredrik if I had to guess just based off the songs)

Not sure what I want to win tbh. The lives will determine that, but I have my eye on Touch of Venus tbh xheart
I think for me per now I want either Gåte, Margaret or Gothminister actually. I am also fine with Mileo and Miia. But I am already trying to tell myself that those I am cheering on probably won't this year so I can mentally prepare myself for that scenario. I got my will in 2019, 2022, 2023 and in 2021 I was fine with both Monument and Fallen Angel, so I think its about time my favorites doesn't win maybe :ROFLMAO:

I think Margaret Berger, along with Mileo and Miia could be the "safe options" if we want to at least qualify, but if we want to "live more dangerously" this time, then Gåte, Gothminister, Erika/SuperRob, Martine SPZ or even Keiino is the way to go.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I think for me per now I want either Gåte, Margaret or Gothminister actually. I am also fine with Mileo and Miia. But I am already trying to tell myself that those I am cheering on probably won't this year so I can mentally prepare myself for that scenario. I got my will in 2019, 2022, 2023 and in 2021 I was fine with both Monument and Fallen Angel, so I think its about time my favorites doesn't win maybe :ROFLMAO:

I think Margaret Berger, along with Mileo and Miia could be the "safe options" if we want to at least qualify, but if we want to "live more dangerously" this time, then Gåte, Gothminister, Erika/SuperRob, Martine SPZ or even Keiino is the way to go.

"Gothminister, Erika/SuperRob, Martine SPZ or even Keiino"

tbh these are also "save" choices when it comes to televote. But when it comes to the jury you know they'll flop.

With Margaret, Miia and Gate I think they can appeal to both. I think Margaret and MIIA would get decent televote and top 10 with the jury. Gate probably top 15 with televote and decent enough jury (around 20th place I think)

SAYAY

I must add btw that I am curious about the live performances this time around. I dont know if it has been mentioned in this thread before, but since last year we have gotten a new choreographer/stage director for MGP. Mona Berntsen, she was one of Madonnas dancers in the interval act of ESC 2019 and she has a pretty long resume as dancer for artists like Justin Bieber among others. I have seen a clip where she was testing a "flying wire" (I am not very technical of me so I know that's not what its called xD) but seems we can expect someone flying during the final or the semi finals ;)

Last edited:

SAYAY

"Gothminister, Erika/SuperRob, Martine SPZ or even Keiino"

tbh these are also "save" choices when it comes to televote. But when it comes to the jury you know they'll flop.

With Margaret, Miia and Gate I think they can appeal to both. I think Margaret and MIIA would get decent televote and top 10 with the jury. Gate probably top 15 with televote and decent enough jury (around 20th place I think)
I am very blinded by my dislike for 90s dance music :ROFLMAO:

SAYAY

btw Margaret is growing on me massively! It's a simple track but there's a lot of substance to it. You just need to listen to it more times.
Same actually! Oblivion isn't as "obvious" as IFYML maybe was and it might not hold the same "woah-power" as IFYML, or Monument or Queen of Kings, but there is something to it! Either way I quite like it and I love her! I met her on a plane randomly back in 2013 a couple of months after Eurovision and somewhere high up in the air between Paris and Oslo, she signed an airplane menu to me. It was actually a very big moment for the awkward 16 year old little me :love: :ROFLMAO:

rasmuslights

Veteran
Same actually! Oblivion isn't as "obvious" as IFYML maybe was and it might not hold the same "woah-power" as IFYML, or Monument or Queen of Kings, but there is something to it! Either way I quite like it and I love her! I met her on a plane randomly back in 2013 a couple of months after Eurovision and somewhere high up in the air between Paris and Oslo, she signed an airplane menu to me. It was actually a very big moment for the awkward 16 year old little me :love: :ROFLMAO:

omg that's such a cute story :)

Magimixer

I was honestly disappointed by this selection (and Norway's been on my Top 3 list the past 3 years)…
Nothing I "really" like, and the song I prefer will never make it (Dagg Erik Oksvold & Anne Fagermo - Judge Tenderly Of Me). Would be totally OK with Margaret Berger, Gåte or Mileo, but really, none of the songs have the 'love it' factor for me as in the previous years. And, yes, am also afraid the AI song will win (and I find it terrible!).

Sparky

There's only one option for Norway this year, and this has got to be Margaret Berger. Oblivion is not as strong as I Feed You My Love, but it's rather different and it kinda stands out from the whole pool of songs available at the moment.
God, I hope not that one. Everything but that. How can something be so uninteresting? Listening idle engine sound is more interesting.

SAYAY

omg that's such a cute story :)
She also is very passionate about eurovision and last year in January she wrote a thing in a newspaper on why Eurovision is still so very much needed today. I wish I could have shared it because it is very well written, but it is behind a paywall sadly. If she ends up attending any of the pre parties though I can definitely recommend to go and say hi to her for those who have the chance. She is very lovely :love:

Mainshow

Veteran
Absolutely great bunch of songs, imo.
They are a few songs which could easily make my personal Top 10 in May (Gåte, Gothminister, Waltz of Death, Judge Tenderely of Me,.Eya) but I'm afraid that one of the atrocious up-tempo songs could win and tbh, I think they are annoyingly trashy, camp and bad, especially My AI or Woman Show. The other English pop songs sound generic and boring to me as well (they are fine but got some "runner-up at The Voice season 11 quality").

I loved "Monument" and warmed up to their 2019 entry a lot but KEiiNO's song is such a letdown, imo but I've never been an Aqua fan...so what do I know...

I just pray that the dark/Norsk entries won't cancel each other out this year.

All in all, Norway's got potential to be either one of my favourite countries or bottom 5 material in 2024. It will be an exciting race,.for sure.

Leydan

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finally got round to ranking x

8 Keiino "Damdiggida"
8 Mathilde SPZ feat. Chris Archer and Slam Dunk "Woman Show"
8 Super Rob and Erika Norwich "My AI"
7 Miia "Green Lights"
7 Farida "Heartache"
7 Eli Kristin "Touch of Venus"
7 Mileo "You're Mine"
7 Margaret Berger "Oblivion"

6 Annprincess "Save Me"
6 Gothminister "We Come Alive"
5 Ingrid Jasmin "Eya"
5 Myra "Heart on Fire"
5 Fredrik Halland "Stranded"

4 Dag Erik Oksvold and Anne Fagermo "Judge Tenderly of Me"
4 Vidar Villa "Mer"
4 Gåte "Ulveham"
3 Thomas Jenssen "Take Me to Heaven"
3 Mistra "Waltz of Death"

Okkkk, the quickest way to describe MGP this year is upper end of average. I don't hate anything, although some are kinda close but then nothing particularly hypes me much. I must say, while I ranked it 8/10 I am disappointed with Keiinos offering, it's no SITS or Monument, which were both great for me. I really enjoy the song generally, Tom and Alexandras parts especially and I feel like a lot of the hate is grossly unjust, but Fred coming in with that damdigidadamdigdigidama part I really do not like at all. They have better and can do better. My AI probably does what they're trying to achieve better but I don't like the whole AI gimmick there.

It's interesting, because MGP usually has 1 song that I absolutely hype into an oblivion, sometimes it wins and sometimes it doesn't - Norway has a habit of being top of my ranking (like Alessandra) or completely in the gutter. It's rarely inbetween, this year might be one of them years.

b4ld3r

Sounds like Margaret Berger is craving Malmö falafel again really really badly. She read about the host city announcement in the newspaper, quickly threw together a song in panic during less than five minutes and then sent it in as soon as she could. :cry:

I bims

Veteran
So we finally know Norway won't win 2024. Bit sad was hoping for a stronger selection, there's a bunch of really bad songs in there next to... mediocrity. How did KEiiNO go from Monuments to ... that. Also what's with the 2000 techno vibe making a comeback in the selection? Please let it stay dead, can we please skip the 2000s and just jump straight forward to 2010 nostalgia, please?

So far I like:
"Green Lights" by Miia
"Oblivion" by Margaret Berger
"You're Mine" by Mileo
"My AI" by Super Rob and Erika Norwich (this is a guilty pleasure and cringe af tho)

But I'm not like... a big fan of these songs either. Am I a hater? Cause I really dislike this selection :'D
Elsie Bay must be PRESSED if she just waited with "Death of us" for this year she would've wiped the floor with all of them.

Franzilein

To be completely honest, I dig Margaret's and KEiiNO's song the most. I'm a bit disappointed in myself, such unexciting, predictable favourites, but what can I do :lol:

Surely

I'm really hopeful for "Green Lights." It's the first song this year that sounds like an ESC winner that I could be happy with and that doesn't seem too far-fetched. But first it has to slay the dragons in MGP, which won't be easy. Other songs I like are "Oblivion," "Ulveham," "We Come Alive," and the devilish "You're Mine."

Top Bottom