Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I am currently being assesed for autism (which asperger's is) and most autistic people very much consider it a disability and big part of themselves. (Hence the 'autistic' and not 'person with autism' the same way you wouldn't say 'person with blindness') Not a disability in a 'can't do anything' way, but no disability is like that.

Anyway, on topic, you simply triggered me lol.

I have asperger's and don't consider myself disabled in any fashion. I think and behave differently to other people, what of it? I take pride in being different and own up to it. Differences should be owned, not swept under a moniker that illicits pity from those who don't understand it.

FilipFromSweden

Bitch?, they (the juries) also had North Macedonia as their winner in 2019 and a bunch of other odd choices throughout the years, now people can love that entry (and the other jury favs) all they want but it shows how out-of-touch the juries are with music (and always has been if we go back in ESC history). I mean yeah, if people really want ESC to go back to sounding like it's 30-40 years behind, then sure be my guest, but is it really something we want to go back to?

Sure, there will always be some entries that will unfairly do better due to diaspora votes etc, and while I understand the purpose of bringing back juries on paper, we also see that the public seem to have a general more open mind towards music and are overall more willing to support risk taking entries, entries in local languages, entries with local flavor etc. and the issues we had with for instance diaspora or bloc voting isn't as prominent in the televoting any longer, and it's not as if the juries aren't showcasing their bias against certain countries in voting either? Again if they were only put in the contest to help western countries and promote generic dated English language Pop entries and dated uninspired ballads then thank you but no thank you to such "expertise".

Also, Eurovision isn't a singing talent show as the juries treat it, it's a contest to find the best original song, obviously I don't support bad singing and it shouldn't be overlooked, but I think you understand what I mean here. Again, what's the purpose of having original songs if it doesn't count in the end of the day? xshrug

I think saying the juries only help the west is bullshit, if there were no juries in 2011 we would've had 8 wins by now, instead the juries pushed for Italy and Azerbaijan. You even mentioned North Macedonia. I honestly think you are the one that is a bit out-of-touch with music since the contest has never been this up to date with the modern music industry, I know that wasn't the case in 2008 or so.

And no it's not just western pop that dominates. 1944, Amar Pelois Dois and Toy all won back-to-back and in the last Eurovision we saw a dated schlager pop song win the public's vote

VikingTiger

Is TIX here using this gay subtext-metaphor for his struggle with his tourette or do our Norwegian friends here know if there's more to it? I mean - basically it doesn't matter of course but the use of these notions made me wonder.

Actually I've never concidered this metaphor to be any "gay"... HC Andersen's tales are well known here. And the uggly duckling turning into a swan is widely used - but again, I've never though of if as gay-related. Nor do TIX I would guess. He is referring to himself as an ugly ducking that has succeeded even so - and reminded "all the ugly duckings out there" that one day people will be ragarding them all as swans.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
We get that. Norwegians Love and adore him. He is your idol. We get that on Saturday. But until his song reaches top 3 in uk, malta or any other european country who could vote for him it's pointless. You know what I mean.. if he is so rich to shower in Money while literally there are kids in africa starving and dying, if he is so famous in norway why does he need esc. Also, btw, there were disabled polish singer in wheelchair, Julia samoylova and others with sad stories and they didn't emphasize it and they have much worse type of disability. Btw, ticks isn't a disability if someone needs clarification. This is SONG contest. Also on video showed up on twitter, he was talking normally, no ticks no nada. Maybe he had mild or minor form of it. If i was him, the last thing i would do is to apply for esc knowing that Norwegians adore me and knowing that i had mental issues and knowing how strong monument is and how much loved they are in europe. I would focus everything on therapy sessions with several psychiatrists trying to help be mentally as strong as possible. I don't know reasons why he chose to apply for eurovision. Maybe Norwegians can tell us why because they know a lot about him.
Congrats. xfacepalm You have just proved just how ridiculous you are, and there's a lot I'd like to correct here, but you've wasted enough of my time. I'm putting you in the Gianluca troll category, as I can't take you seriously anymore.

I still don't like the song tho, but now I'm torn. Do I want it to fail because NRK deserves it, or do I want it to succeed in ESC because it would blow MalagaToledo's mind? xthink

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think saying the juries only help the west is bullshit, if there were no juries in 2011 we would've had 8 wins by now, instead the juries pushed for Italy and Azerbaijan. You even mentioned North Macedonia. I honestly think you are the one that is a bit out-of-touch with music since the contest has never been this up to date with the modern music industry, I know that wasn't the case in 2008 or so.

And no it's not just western pop that dominates. 1944, Amar Pelois Dois and Toy all won back-to-back and in the last Eurovision we saw a dated schlager pop song win the public's vote
Saade wasn't first in televote in 2011 nor he'd have won with new voting system. Try again. :)

Jopi

Congrats. xfacepalm You have just proved just how ridiculous you are, and there's a lot I'd like to correct here, but you've wasted enough of my time. I'm putting you in the Gianluca troll category, as I can't take you seriously anymore.

I still don't like the song tho, but now I'm torn. Do I want it to fail because NRK deserves it, or do I want it to succeed in ESC because it would blow MalagaToledo's mind? xthink

crossing my fingers for the second option.

giphy.gif

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

Listen, kiddo. I'm not a troll, ok? My opinions are absolutely valid and reasonable, actually they are better than anyone else's. I have a rich musical culture and I judge music for what it is, without any bias, unlike other eurofans. I can't be compared to MalagaToledo, who was clearly wrong last year about Hurricane, nor to any other person with low musical knowledge. You are from Norway, one of the most unsuccesful countries in Eurovision, and this says it all already.

Elina UA

Listen, kiddo. I'm not a troll, ok? My opinions are absolutely valid and reasonable, actually they are better than anyone else's. I have a rich musical culture and I judge music for what it is, without any bias, unlike other eurofans. I can't be compared to MalagaToledo, who was clearly wrong last year about Hurricane, nor to any other person with low musical knowledge. You are from Norway, one of the most unsuccesful countries in Eurovision, and this says it all already.
Both you and MalagaToledo take this contest, music and life too serious. Guys & Girls, we're here to have fun, to enjoy. And both of you are p*ssed off about random BS. Why care?

Ezio

Veteran
Damn, the norwegian lyrics are even more beautiful than english.
She dries all of my thousand tearsxheat
...Turns darkness into light for mexheatxblush

I am surprised that without knowing Norwegian I actually already understood half the lyrics. And with this lyrics video it is clear why. Norwegian and German are pretty close.

I just didn't think it is a song about a girl. I thought it is a song about God and redemption.

Sammy

Veteran
Actually I've never concidered this metaphor to be any "gay"... HC Andersen's tales are well known here. And the uggly duckling turning into a swan is widely used - but again, I've never though of if as gay-related. Nor do TIX I would guess. He is referring to himself as an ugly ducking that has succeeded even so - and reminded "all the ugly duckings out there" that one day people will be ragarding them all as swans.
Thanks for that clarification. :)

I took the info from a book about psychoanalytical based literature interpretation. I found that quite interesting and following up I found many things that seemd to back up this view. But of course you often pay more attention to things you are (maybe even unconsciously) looking for.

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
I agree, it is really melodic, but I don't think there's any chance for Norwegian.. And it's weird, since as I understood, the song was originaly written for someone else in english.

The hate this song attracts from domestic journalists already is a strong hint at how the jury vote is gonna end for Norway. Terribly. Tix 100% is gonna rely on televotes and Ima be worried. Snif snif.

Elina UA

By the way, :no: is very successful in modern ESC history.They've been in top 15 since 2013 (except for 2016, but this was the strongest year in Eurovision history). They brought us I Feed You My Love, Spirit in the Sky and Grab the Moment. x12pointsHello!

Ezio

Veteran
Both you and MalagaToledo take this contest, music and life too serious. Guys & Girls, we're here to have fun, to enjoy. And both of you are p*ssed off about random BS. Why care?

MallorcaTorte is very passionate about laser-pointing his hate and shoving it down everyone else's throat. Case and point "Austria 2020 - Vincent Bueno". A study about a self-loathing guy projecting his inner demons onto an artist and ventilating his wickedness as if the end of the world depended on it.

This year, TIX is the chosen projection surface for this forum's member display of inner struggle. I think, as a forum we can get through this, although it is actually really annoying. I hope he doesn't harass TIX on Insta or Twitter.

Last edited:

Journalist

@Elina UA And 'Fairytale' of course. 'That's how you write a song' was also good choice for me!
And again TIX this year! It can't be better! xheart
Oh I just saw 'modern history' but anyway. We can't forget it! 🇳🇴

A-lister

Veteran

I think you didn't properly read my comment firstly, secondly it is no lie that the juries were brought back because western delegations were complaining so let's just be honest here. Italy is considered "western Europe" (sure it's based on a bit of a dated political understanding of Europe but nonetheless).

Again if you read my comment, I put an "and" between the words so I didn't say that the juries only supported western countries, but rather a combination of things which also includes a certain bias in favor of certain style of songs (which could also be representing eastern countries like North Macedonia, while having little connection to actual music from said country). The North Macedonia case is just a fresh example, but it's only the tip of a never-ending iceberg and the issue goes all the way back to early days Eurovision. If televotes would have been allowed in the 90's for instance, I doubt Ireland would win half of the decade with dated generic ballads. I mean I could write a whole essay on the topic and give plenty of examples if we'd walk down memory lane, but for practical reasons let's look at the years you just mentioned and maybe I should remind you that Austria won the jury vote in 2018 and Australia in 2016, so if it were up to the juries alone then only the 1950's entry from Portugal 2017 would have won in the end of the day.

I have my ears and eyes and yes, the juries are out-of-touch if I compare to contemporary music outside of Eurovision (and frankly contemporary music for the past decade/s even). But not only that, they've been repeatedly downvoting entries that do take risks and/-or entries with local flavor and it's just a fact. Now people have different taste in music for sure, but are they saving Eurovision? I'd argue quite the opposite but this will remain a divisive topic and it all comes down to what you want from Eurovision mixed with personal preferences I guess, but the original comment I commented argued against democracy as a concept, and here I will stand on the side of democracy (even if it is flawed at times).

Last edited:
Top Bottom