Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

crashworld

Veteran
And now Tix is accused of bringing exactly that, but he is bringing something fresh and new.

Not exactly a boyband song by any mean, but "Fallen Angel" sounds similar to "The Reason" by Hoobastank.
And I wouldn't go that far saying Tix's song is "fresh" and "new", which is anything but that.

Oof, you must be having hard times writing this to 200+ millions of ignorant people watching ESC in May.
I have faith in the ESC viewers that they are not as ignorant as you.

Elina UA

I don't think people are claiming Tix's song is based off a 90s boyband song. They are stating it reminded them of music by the boybands of that particular era. Dated and cheesy.

Personally, I would class "Monument" as a progression and perhaps a reminiscence of KeiiNo's signature sound.
Is it original? Maybe exactly not, but I would say at least it's more original than Tix's song.
Ah sh- here we go again.🤣🤣🤣
The level of hypocrisy of situation is unbelievable. 🤣
Norway: here's our entry!
Eurofans: what?! we don't wike it! It's outdated cheesy song! We want another song! That is simmilar to your previous song!
Norway: but the previous one was outdated cheesy song...
Eurofans: We don't want to hear that! STFU!
Norway: but Eurovision is supposed to unite-
Eurofans: YOU ARE NOT THE PART OF EUROPE ANYMORE!!!!😤

Ezio

Veteran

Not exactly a boyband song by any mean, but "Fallen Angel" sounds similar to "The Reason" by Hoobastank.
And I wouldn't go that far saying Tix's song is "fresh" and "new", which is anything but that.

I have faith in the ESC viewers that they are not as ignorant as you.

Nice try. You can put me to sleep with that song, heard a trillion times in a every talent show. This song is anything but alike Fallen Angel.

Fallen Angel is very dynamic, and keeps progressing, while "The Reason" builds up slowly, has a very common structure, has a sluggish middle eight. . These are completely different songs. The only half-phrase that has a hint of similarity is "and the reason is you".

Ezio

Veteran

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
It's really sad (although not at all surprising unfortunately) to see the reception that TIX is receiving from the fandom, not that I've delved particularly deep elsewhere as I don't like to torture myself with things like Youtube's comments section and *shudders* Twitter. At the same time though, those happy with the results gleefully fanning the flames of those who are upset never helps. It just makes things worse. There's such a thing as a bad winner. Don't be one. I think TIX and KEiiNO would be mortified to see how people are behaving over them. KEiiNO graciously accepted defeat and congratulated TIX who seemed so moved and overwhelmed by everything. It was actually a really lovely moment.

We could all (including myself) do with being a little bit kinder and less dramatic when it comes to this contest. I know we naturally get passionate but we've got to remember that at the end of it all these are real people with feelings, and they don't deserve to be piled on with such malice. Taken from TIX's wikipedia:

"Besides his music career, Andreas is a mental health openness advocate, and has shared his experiences with suffering from Tourette syndrome, loneliness and suicidal thoughts."

I might not be into his song yet but I like him. TIX seems a good guy and he's achieved something special here. No one has a right to try and spitefully spoil that moment even if we believe an incorrect decision was made. I understand the frustration felt (I'm a Brit so I know what it feels like to have your country make puzzling choices) but you give people a vote and you've then got to accept the decisions that are made, and it's always better to do it with a bit of grace.

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
Totally agree with @RainyWoods. xclap
I never felt in love so fast with some ESC song like with this one. Constantly on repeat!
This choice really made my day and this week better! Thank you Norway and TIX! xcheer
#metoo

This song is consuming me alive. My trip to work depends on it. For me this is song written in Heaven.

I am also having a "Calm after the storm" moment with this song. Although fandom says meh, I saw the potential it had and should have been more confident in its victory.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I have some feeling this will grow on @RainyWoods a lot in some time.. :D
He will sing "I'm a, I'm a fallen angel" all day long... :p

Am I that easy to read or something? Well considering when it comes to music I feel almost no shame, I wouldn't be too surprised. I've liked far worse. Like that one time I accidentally gave Kobi Marimi's Home 12 points in our poll before realising a few days later just what I'd done, and had to cut the points in half.

I hope Fallen Angel grows on me cause TIX is so sweet 🥺 I like his fashion and with his glasses he looks a bit like John Lennon.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Now I'm thinking: why couldn't KEiiNO lose the 2019 selection as well? If it's been proved that their songs are so weak to be beaten in a final duel against random male singers, why couldn't the same happen in 2019 as well against Adrian Jørgensen?

theditz83

Veteran
Now I'm thinking: why couldn't KEiiNO lose the 2019 selection as well? If it's been proved that their songs are so weak to be beaten in a final duel against random male singers, why couldn't the same happen in 2019 as well against Adrian Jørgensen?
We get it, you don't like KEiiNO - but why continue with this incessant sniping? It's not constructive and it just ends up looking like you have a vendetta.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
We get it, you don't like KEiiNO - but why continue with this incessant sniping? It's not constructive and it just ends up looking like you have a vendetta.

I'm just asking what's the difference between the 2019 selection and the 2021 one, and I would like to have an answer.

theditz83

Veteran
I'm just asking what's the difference between the 2019 selection and the 2021 one, and I would like to have an answer.
The difference is TIX got the most public votes last night, while in 2019 KEiiNO got the most votes from the Norwegian public. I guess only the Norwegian public can give you a full answer to your question.

Sammy

Veteran
Oh no, he's just trying to develop his repressed love for male singers. There's a clear and undeniable tendency for it in the last couple of posts. Give him time! :mrgreen:

Top Bottom