Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

opinionsigotem

ok first of all I WAS WRONG I ADMIT IT

secondly I'm just a bit... lost off with Fallen Angel. Is it meant to be a parody? Or just sound and look like one? It's a deliberate throwback but I still can't quite work it out.

Cantiello Syndrome is obviously a factor into his chances in May (being the only male vocalist in the SF1 second half), but I can't say exactly that he wouldn't deserve it anyway?

cegs5

ugh, I don’t really like the staging of this, there’s too much going on for a song that doesn’t really need it. Musically, it’s inoffensive, just OK ... but at this moment I don’t feel it’s a ballad I would vote for. Gonna give :3: for now.

I was never into that Monument hype, I think it was a great achievement for KEiiNO to be a gold finalist with such a piece of fanwank box-ticking.

Morty

Trondheim, Norway / Niavara, Balearica Island
I hope those comments and dislikes will keep him grounded because those wings elevated him to the heights. This joke is hilarious.:lol:
After seeing that you gave 12 to the Spanish entry (a contender for my last place this year), I was reminded of this:

MalagaToledo

Banned
I think it is a parody song or maybe a joke entry, but even if it's a joke entry, we have so many of joke entries already. Maybe I'm wrong, but it reminds me not just of roko blazevic and azerbaijan 2008 but of jimmy, american tv host who made a parody of esc.

I will try to avoid this topic, because i am bitter. If you see comments and dislikes all over social media, u will notice that whole europe is bitter and rightfully so.

It doesn't have anything to do with keeino. It's just that the song is bad, I've heard only monument and imerikas song and they were both Miles better than Fallen Angel. Even Interval act Ulrike had mich better song. And with monument it would have been easy win in roterdam.

Kimrt

I hope he is reading comments all over social media and dislikes ratio. I think he can't wait that may comes to end and forgets about esc. He wanted esc, now he is on esc. Now he has to deal with it. Whole europe is mad and in shock. He is allowed to take critics from now on. I won't choose censor my opinion just because he is popular name in norway or because he has some mental issues.

i really doubt he cares about this opinion on some forum anyway.

Sammy

Veteran
I really dislike the strategy of masking disrespectful attitudes and hate as „expression of opinions“. Nobody is denied an opinion, but it‘s the tone that makes music. Fans of a musical event should be familiar with this fact.
And honesty is not a synonym for rudeness.

PS: I‘m not talking about an emotional reaction in the moment when my favorite misses out, that‘s a different thing if you are carried away. I‘m talking of these bullies who eventually get whiney about being blocked on social media because they were „censured“ for being „honest“. No honey - you get ignored for behaving like an uneducated child.

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
One thing I wish is that we'd get away from is the need to classify songs or groups that get a lot of support on the Eurovision fandom as "fanwanks" since that in a sense demeans the artist's work in a similar way to how artists that defeat such songs are belittled and brought down. It's just ugly.

And listen, I get that often it's the fans themselves that bring on such comparisons with their blind loyalty for their favourites at the expense of everyone else, but I'd like to think that people can avoid being sucked into the vortex on both sides that makes this whole "fanwank" argument a valid conversation point.

Let's all try and give each song and artist the respect that they deserve without resorting to putting them in stereotypical boxes that just cause to undermine their achievements and hard work.

Elina UA

The level of hypocrisy of situation is unbelievable. 🤣
Norway: here's our entry!
Eurofans: what?! we don't wike it! It's outdated cheesy song! We want another song! That is simmilar to your previous song!
Norway: but the previous one was outdated cheesy song...
Eurofans: We don't want to hear that! STFU!
Norway: but Eurovision is supposed to unite-
Eurofans: YOU ARE NOT THE PART OF EUROPE ANYMORE!!!!😤

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
He sent in a song, but he never expected to win. He just wanted to "touch some hearts", which he clearly did, considering the result.

He certainly did. I was overwhelmed by this song the first time I heard it, like I was with Sobral's on March 5th, 2017, 7:35 a.m.. I expected my heart to break, but I am surprised and gleefully accepting of these results.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Waking up in the morning knowing that KEiiNO won't go to ESC literally feels like the afterglow after a night of wild sex xheart

Has @A-lister commented about this defeat yet?

Kitakaze

I can't stop ello elling at this post. KeiiNO is the epitome of unoriginal outdated 1990's pop music by the book. They burned the Eurovision outlook of Jon-Henrik Fjällgren with their cheesy take on jolk. I am happy that the resuscitation of this trash train wreck got a big HellNO and we were all saved by the grace of a fallen angel!
Just as well KEiiNO ended up winning the entire televote with their “cheesy take on joik”. The irony in you describing them as a “trash train wreck“ when only minutes earlier one of your suggestions (of improvement nonetheless!) was for to TIX spread his wings with the message “Jesus saves us all”. Glad you found my post as laughable as I found yours.

rasmuslights

Veteran
This is actually a good song. But the staging ruins it for me completely, hope they fix it and make it more serious it really seems that Norway forgot that juries also exist hahah.

Neo

I know my countrymen are still stuck in the 80s as that's what's always on the radio, but it didn't even occur to me they would actually think that's what the rest of Europe wants too.

This song is typical of something that used to be on the Norwegian charts (songs sung in Norwegian) before it was shut down not long ago (due to lack of people singing in Norwegian), but I guess in these woke / identity times, people felt they also had give TIX bonus points for the 'message' too.

Incredibly disappointing, almost embarrassing. From top 10 in ESC finals wit Keiino to lucky to get out of the semis now.

rasmuslights

Veteran
also I would like to point out why I prefer internals,
- firstly people are tasteless - and especially grandmas and middle aged mothers have wayyy to much power, and most of times their taste is awful to me. Uku will win because of them for example.
- no disappointments, you can judge the song on its own without comparing what it could be.
- and also no danger of a joke entry.

hijirio

Veteran

Ezio

Veteran
Just as well KEiiNO ended up winning the entire televote with their “cheesy take on joik”. The irony in you describing them as a “trash train wreck“ when only minutes earlier one of your suggestions (of improvement nonetheless!) was for to TIX spread his wings with the message “Jesus saves us all”. Glad you found my post as laughable as I found yours.
Being glad is the best emotion, although your reply sounds more angry than glad. I get goosebumps from my visualization of how Tix should stage his song.

Top Bottom