I hope that at least some people will love this as much as I do. :D xheart

daniels1000

Re: ♛ NORTH RHINE-WESTPHALIA ♛ WV 64 -- Annwn --- "Madre Deus"

Oh, it is Portuguese after all!

Beautiful song! xlove

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

^^ Yes, Dans, well not quite the same, it's called "Old Portuguese" by some, "Medieval Galician" by others. But it's close, it was spoken many centuries ago. Glad to have your feedback, my friend. xlove

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

I hope that at least some people will love this as much as I do. :D xheart

"Some people"?!?!? I think a fair few did! Wonderful song and a great entry! :D xlove

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

"Some people"?!?!? I think a fair few did! Wonderful song and a great entry! :D xlove

It's great you feel that way, Robert. xlove It pays off the effort of searching for something from a specific region people do not know at all. xheart :D

daniels1000

I'm so sad to see this magnificent song failing. xcry1 I loved it so much since the first time I have heard it and I can say that it would have been my 12 pointer in the final had it qualified.

You have sent many gems during those 64 editions, but I think this has become one of my favorite entries of yours. xheart I also love how you sent a Portuguese-influenced entry while being in a German region.

I don't understand why are your :nrwe: entries so freaking underrated. You have sent 3 strong entries and stayed in the semifinal for the 3rd time in a row. And even last place last time. :? You were also a bit unlucky this time being pretty close in both regular and reju. Let's hope that you will qualify next time, Luis. xheart

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Three misses from this lovely region is hard to take given the wonderful variety of entries you've been sending. It's great to see someone who's obviously looked hard to see what gems there are to be found here, as opposed to just going for the obvious choices over and over again. You've really opened my eyes to what there is here. I hope that you persevere and keep sending us amazing entries. Goodness knows what you'll have lined up for us next, but I'm sure it'll be something completely different but equally (if not even more) fantastic. Best of luck with WV65 and keep it up xlove

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

@daniels1000 and @Lupus thank you very much for your feedback, guys. xlove this is actually the important thing for me: to have people who appreciate my effort. :D Sure, it would be very nice to qualify some time again. :lol: can't say that I've expected not to qualify with all my 3 entries. But I'm in the online contests these days mostly to share songs and developing the effort of searching artists and/or songs that are mostly unknown to the members who take part in the contests. I'm very relaxed with my results and it doesn't worry me not to qualify, it's part of the game and we all know that it's more likely not to qualify than the other way around. I love what I find and it's up to me to share those songs. When it comes to points and ranking, there's nothing I can do. :D

Once again, thank you very much for supporting :nrwe: and enjoying my choices, so far. :twisted: I'll keep sending what I love and I'll be here, despite the results, whatever they are. ;) xlove xrose

LastDreamer

Banned
Re: NORTH RHINE-WESTPHALIA -- WV 67 -- LaFee --- "Schwarze Tränen"

She was my # 1 in this edition.

Personal favourite LaFee song is...

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Re: NORTH RHINE-WESTPHALIA -- WV 68 --- Unheilig --- " An deiner Seite"

Time to say goodbye to :nrwe:! xheart This was an adventure I loved, despite the generally poor results (exception made to Lyriel, 9th and LaFee, 6th). :D When I started with this region I did not imagine I would find so many entries that I love so much. I did my best to find songs that could connect my taste to other jurors, because this is also about sharing. And I definitely had very nice suprises to what this approach concerns. :D

Anyway, like it happened with all the other countries I've picked, I remained with this region as long as I had the so called "special songs" in my list. I wouldn't leave without sending them all. I've got more to send, even good ones, the list isn't empty, I'd probably give them high points if someone else sent them, but as a juror they do not touch me the way the others did, and if we don't feel deeply connected to the songs, we better quit. :D It was my least successful region so far, but it seems I had a few more songs to share than I had with :ch: and :dk:. :mrgreen:
A huge thank you to all who have supported my choices all these months. xhug And after a year and a couple of months, see you with :pt: next time.

ZoboCamel

Thanks for the music! I only joined WV about halfway into your :nrwe: stint, but you've been one of the most consistently strong regions as far as my tastes go. From memory you're on top of my 'points given' list for semi-finals. Hope you're just as good with :pt:! :D

daniels1000

:pt: Chapter 2: Back to the roots xrofl2

You did such a great job with :nrwe:. xheart All the songs you sent were great but most of them were terribly underrated. :( My favorite song from your NRW-era is "Madre Deus" by Annwn I think. xlove I'm sure you'll do equally great with :pt:!

Genesis

AND MERIO HAS MADE IT!
We hope Polen and Merio fans are just as excited as Meron is for his tiny adventure. Keng of Polen has finally arrived to the neighbors and is ready to present to you all his first pick. We hope you will enjoy this one!

Hoo
(Listen)

He fights hard, will he reach his aim?
He'll survive for his friends
He is like a crying wolf tonight
He's the winner in the end
He is proud, and he'll take his chance
He is fighting for his life (he's fighting)
But his freedom, oh, it's not for free
But he feels he will survive
He is free, free like the wind
He is free, and he will win
'Cause he's fighting for the honour
To be free, oh
'Cause his heart is brave
He's fighting for his life, oh no
He had it all, what they took away
Sometimes proud and sometimes sad
But he's fighting for a better life
What you give is what you get
He can make it if he really tries
Take the chains, throw them away (throw them away)
He has the power when he don't give up
Feeling stronger every day, whoa

'Cause he's fighting for the honour
To be free, yeah
He is free, free like the wind (free like the wind)
'Cause his heart is brave
He's fighting for his life (for his life)

Well, here it is. My first entry from Cascadaland! Some say that they are suprised by this choice of mine. Well, I am glad that after all these editions, I am still able to surprise you ;)xLO Hope you find this pick enjoyable, and thank for all the comments and love xlove xheart

Top Bottom