Contact us

Live from Copenhagen - GRAND FINAL TONIGHT!!!

simonPL

Huge split between Cleo's place in televoting (5th) and jury voiting (23!!!) is a reason to a really really huge public discussion about Eurovision in Poland. It's good that for the very first time Polish society doesn't blame Polish performance but people defend it.

BUT, this is very sad that some people think (even some journalists and politicians!) that because of jury Austria have won. It's really, really sad that now I can read comments full of hate not exactly to Conchita but whole gay people. Ofc, I'm focusing on comments in Polish media, because I live here, but there's so much lost people who don't know what to think about her/him everywhere, just look at YouTube or twitter comments. I said ealier that this is not fun to see this kind of show from Austria, because in places where tolerance is on a low level some people may think that every simple gay is a drag queen or even more: weirdo. So maybe LGBT fans who think that Conchita is doing a really great job for them, should see this way: for some people, escpecially from Eastern Europe, this was like a shock treatment. Gays are trying to show people that "we all are the same people" than someone on the stage destroyed it in one second.

It's kinda sad.

And when he was crying and almost passing out because of every 12 points for Austria, omg, it was so pathetic. :/

Joriskun

And when he was crying and almost passing out because of every 12 points for Austria, omg, it was so pathetic. :/

I agree. It would've been a stronger point for him to be powerful and convincing as he was winning. Yes, I am different. Yes, I have a great song. Yes, I am getting points, not for being a freak, but for being myself. But no, we got this whole stereotypical crying fest which made me feel uncomftarable and set Eurovision back as a whole. Again, I have nothing against Austria winning, I knew they were going to win from the moment he (I say he, because he dresses up like a woman but does not wish to become one, important difference) first performed and I thought it was very professional, but, being unique, being yourself, being different is something that should come naturally, and should be empowering. This, this is not about being yourself, this is about putting on a show, a performance. He knew exactly what he was doing and used his brains and creativity to make europe vote for his cause. Well played Austria, well played Conchita. Do I agree with it? No.

ParadiseES

Don't know if someone pointed out but 2015 has been:

1- The year of ballads and slow-tempo songs in general. The top-4 is ballad, slow song, ballad, dubstep-rock ballad, mid-tempo.

2- The year of the West. Only one Eastern country (Armenia) in the top-5 and two more (Ukraine and Russia) in the top-10.

3- (Another) Nordic year. Even if the winner is not from this area I don't remember any edition when we had three Nordics in the top-10 and the other two coming close as 11th and 15th. Seems Europe have a very friendly image of these countries and vote a lot for them.

Franco

Yes, that was quite an act. :lol:

CPV4931

Thank you Denmark for the great show yesterday...

During the voting we cheered with Conchtia and were so glad, she won. Usually I´m not a fan of slower songs, but "Rise like a phoenix", which I didn´t like after being presented back in March, was one of my growers during the last two weeks and together with Conchita´s great stage presentence a deserved winner. Only 5 hours per car to Vienna next year should pe possible :-)

Also great result for The Netherlands. My predictions these year were mainly wrong, I predicted Hungary as the winner, but they only came 5th.
Nice to see Switzerland having such a good result, one of my favorites back in March (dropped a little bit in my ranking).
My favorites yesterday, Poland and Iceland, only got 14th and 15th -.- Should´ve been ranked a bit higher.
Germany´s performance wasn´t very good yesterday, so I am satisfied with our #18. Expected something like that.
Greece, France and San Marino (Valentina xheart) should´ve been a bit higher in the scoreboard.

Comment to the Semi-results: I really didn´t expect Belgium to rank so low (although I didn´t like the song) in Semi 1. And Mei Feingold was very, very unterrated in Semi 2. It´s a shame, she only got 19 points.

xxxxp

Vao,we got 9 Points together from Montenegro and Macedonia. Thanks . But >>thanks<< all for all the rest of Countrys that they >>voted so much<< for our Country(Slovenija).xpukexpukexpokexpokexgaahxgaah

Harb

Vao,we got 9 Points together from Montenegro and Macedonia. Thanks . But >>thanks<< all for all the rest of Countrys that they >>voted so much<< for our Country(Slovenija).xpukexpukexpokexpokexgaahxgaah

I actually voted for you, I really loved your song (and usually do love your songs). You deserved better than 25th :'(

NemesisNick

Oh Greece. My toilet break.
I don't blame you. The best you could do whilst the garbage entries Poland and Greece were on was take a loo break (if you needed one) or make yourself a cup of tea / coffee.

Greeks out of tune...but does it matter in this kind of song?
No, Greece's entry was a load of trash anyway.

Still don't like the Greece entry. It's too noisy for my liking.

But my mom is dancing in the room, though. :p
Me too. When it started I noticed the audience were standing up bending their knees and waving their arms, so I stood up and did just the same.

The long and the short of it is, neither Poland nor Greece should have been in the final. Israel and Ireland, whose entries were an order of magnitude better, deserved the places Poland and Greece undeservedly took. I felt sorry for Israel and Ireland having to miss out on last night.

GlamSIMorous

Has someone already calculated all points from the juries to see what their order in general would have been?

EscGeek

Veteran
I'm watching videos from backstage from eurovision youtube channel and I have to tell you that Emma and Sebalter were also "appy" just like Valentina:lol:

Romeo

Do you mean the Jury results alone?

1 Austria 224
2 Netherlands 203
3 Sweden 201
4 Hungary 138
5 Armenia 125
6 Malta 119
7 Finland 114
8 Azerbaijan 108
9 Norway 102
10 Denmark 85
11 Spain 83
12 Ukraine 78
13 Russia 70
14 Germany 61
15 Iceland 59
16 United Kingdom 52
17 Romania 51
18 Belarus 50
19 Greece 49
20 Montenegro
21 Italy 37
22 Switzerland
23 Poland 23
24 Slovenia 21
25 San Marino 16
26 France 5

Romeo

Has someone already calculated all points from the juries to see what their order in general would have been?

Do you mean the Jury results alone?

1 Austria 224
2 Netherlands 203
3 Sweden 201
4 Hungary 138
5 Armenia 125
6 Malta 119
7 Finland 114
8 Azerbaijan 108
9 Norway 102
10 Denmark 85
11 Spain 83
12 Ukraine 78
13 Russia 70
14 Germany 61
15 Iceland 59
16 United Kingdom 52
17 Romania 51
18 Belarus 50
19 Greece 49
20 Montenegro
21 Italy 37
22 Switzerland
23 Poland 23
24 Slovenia 21
25 San Marino 16
26 France 5

GlamSIMorous

Thank you. Right, I meant that. I was already at calculating. Thanks for posting this. It is so weird to see that Malta wouldve placed so high with the judges alone and also Germany, 4 places higher. :)

NemesisNick

Well what a great result in last night's Eurovision Song Contest 2014 Grand Final. Well done to Austria in winning for the first time since their previous (and only) win in 1966. That means Austria now take the record for longest gap between wins (1966 - 2014), beating the previous record held by Denmark of 37 years (1963 - 2000). "Rise Like a Phoenix" sung by Conchita Wurst is a well-deserved winner, it was a first class performance of an excellent song which reminded me of a James Bond film theme. It was one of my most liked songs last night; I liked it so much I voted for it (along with Hungary and San Marino).

Austria must be really proud to have won again after almost half a century. If you look back at their recent years' performance, they gave the Contest a miss 2008 to 2010 inclusive, returned in 2011 and reached the final, and failed to qualify in 2012 and 2013. This year they won both the second semi-final (and hence qualified) and won the grand final with 290 points. It just goes to show, never give up!

Well done to the Netherlands too in coming second. After their eight year run of entering every year and failing to quailfy 2005 to 2012 inclusive, and finishing 9th in the final with "Birds" last year, their entry this year "Calm After The Storm" by The Common Linnets finished second with 238 points. Their entry too was a good song which I quite liked. If this is anything to go by, it looks like the Netherlands could be enjoying a revival. Will they win next year? Time will tell.

Comiserations to the UK's Molly, whose "Children of the Universe" finished 17th with 40 points; I thought she deserved better and ought to have finished in the top ten. Looking positively though, 17th out of 26 finalists isn't that bad; 9 finalists finished below us, and a further 11 countries failed to reach the final.

A detailed review of the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 Grand Final will appear on my blog in the next few days.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
My congratulations to Denmark for being the best hosts we've had in a long long long time :mrgreen:

12Points

I don't know what's the new thing about the voting system that everyone's mumbling about :confused:, can anyone explain this? xacademic

Top Bottom