Contact us

Justin Timberlake performing in Grand Final

Nikkita

"Flopping artist?" He has 26 million WW album sales and 16 U.S. number one singles including 4 #1s.
Not after 2013 though.

Celia

I don't like this idea at all! Sorry American fellow members here, but your music/tv/cinema is always everywhere and ESC is the one night a year you're not present.
I feel is also the only thing most people will be talking about the next day, specially if the final will be in the lines of last night quality-wise :(

tuorem

Chorizo

Hunter

I was surprised by this part: "Sand says Timberlake’s performance will not be aired in the US due to a lack of rights"

What does he mean by 'lack of rights'? :? If you ask me, it sounds like an excuse not to air it in the US at all.

Jacketh

Wait, its not being aired in the US, his performance?

Isn't that the whole point of having Timberlake....

KeucFan

When they could have Zara Larsson, who's very popular around the world now...

A-lister

Veteran
Don't like the idea to make this a promotion for Justin Timberlake's new material and the movie this new single is a soundtrack for, it's out of place and while the new single is written by Swedes I still feel that it has no connection really.

Wouldn't be surprised with all the promo and special treatment EBU is giving Australia as an agenda to kill Eurovision once and for all and turn the contest into an Anglovision western Pop-fest that Justin will announce that USA will enter in 2017 :lol:

Jacketh

Wouldn't be surprised with all the promo and special treatment EBU is giving Australia as an agenda to kill Eurovision once and for all and turn the contest into an Anglovision western Pop-fest that Justin will announce that USA will enter in 2017 :lol:

I think there would be a riot if that happened. Would take a shine off the whole event and night. EBU is much more shrewd and tactical than that. If US do enter, it won't be for a couple more years and they'll slip it under the carpet as much as they can, somehow.

A-lister

Veteran
I think there would be a riot if that happened. Would take a shine off the whole event and night. EBU is much more shrewd and tactical than that. If US do enter, it won't be for a couple more years and they'll slip it under the carpet as much as they can, somehow.

Well, some argued the same about the "one-time anniversary invite" of Australia, but they unshamefully made them permanent and now everyone are rooting for them...

Jacketh

Are you going to link every post you make back to Australia's involvement?

I get you're disappointed and disagree with it, but come on, cheer up! Its Eurovision day! :)

A-lister

Veteran
Are you going to link every post you make back to Australia's involvement?

I get you're disappointed and disagree with it, but come on, cheer up! Its Eurovision day! :)

No, but it was a valid response since you thought people would sorta "riot" if USA would be announced to enter... I'm just saying that look at how EBU managed the whole Australia thing and you can see that it could very well ended up being "accepted"...

Happy Eurovision day btw xcheer

Chorizo

What does he mean by 'lack of rights'? :? If you ask me, it sounds like an excuse not to air it in the US at all.

That's really strange. If they arrange for Timberlake to perform, how can they not have the rights to broadcast it in the US? Who has the rights there? I thought Timberlake was invited to make Eurovision more appealing to an American audience and then they don't have the rights to show him there? :confused:

Chorizo

Chorizo

Anglovision? Next year, we will have a Russian military choir and peace-keeping tanks from the Russian peace-keeping forces on stage.
The interval act will be celebrating the return of the lost son (Crimea) to his Mother (Russia). xheat
The previous winner will be copied a lot, so next year will sound like a Russian disco from 15 years ago. To me that doesn't sound like Anglovision at all. xshrug

Top Bottom