4 2.2%

12 6.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ESC94

I’m willing to get hate for this but… How did Italy score so well this year? Everything about this song and performance was meh. How? Do people just vote for Italy because they love Italy and enjoyed their holiday there? I just don’t get it.

Hmmm?? Maybe because they liked the song?? Is it that far fetched for you?? :rolleyes:

Preuss

I’m willing to get hate for this but… How did Italy score so well this year? Everything about this song and performance was meh. How? Do people just vote for Italy because they love Italy and enjoyed their holiday there? I just don’t get it.

Cause the sing was strong itself. That combined with a pretty good performance, and a great singer, was enough to give Italy the «usual», meaning a bit over 100+ points in both jury and tele which is what I typically expect for an Italian entry at minimum if they’re seen as contenders for a good result at least

sucof

it's called having "Buon gusto" that is, good taste, a skill that those who live a little further north lack 😉

mup

I didn't watch this year's ESC and just caught up with her performance on YT... Wow, Angelina congratulations! :giggle:(y) A female artist breaking the curse and getting a top10 finish for Italy after many years! I've read that the staging and the bad camerawork didn't help elevating the song, but for sure Angelina did, at least for me.

In my comments I had raised doubts on how this entry would have been received - secretly, I thought this could finish mid-table for various reasons - but Angelina proved once again to be a great performer on stage, and she seems a gentle soul to me.

Coincidentally, she got the same spot Mengoni reached when ESC had been held in Malmo in 2013.

mup

A legit opinion, I have also read many, many comments by Italians judging this song "mid", therefore I didn't know what to expect. Moreover, as the televote usually proves, Italian music doesn't seem to resonate with the Anglo-Scandinavian sphere. I think it's just a matter of diverging tastes and different musical culture. :)

Last edited:

mup

@Paco Roca from your analytic comments, I have to say you seemed to be rooting for Angelina more than Italians themselves! :D Well thanks for supporting our entry!

empo21

Veteran
The more I think about the staging the more upset I get. It legit looked like a winner's reprise and not a competitive performance. It feels like the positive fans/viewer reception from Sanremo wasn't considered at all.

sucof

in an editorial in the New York Times, the journalist wonders if Angelina Mango can become a global pop star.

Sammy

Veteran
I voted for her because:
- she used a cumbia rhythm and I‘m a sucker for latinamerican dance. Also - nobody else did that before so it was refreshingly new.
- I liked her energy and power
- the lyrics were interesting
- the hook was captivating
- I liked the staging
- the costumes (in the semi) were great
- the song gave me positive vibes.

so… sorry the song didn’t do anything of that for you obviously.
xmusic

gigi_copp3

Angelina announced her new song Melodrama for next Friday.
In some record shops, however, today people could have bought a tape with the song recorded on it.

Paco Roca

Don't think this was posted here.
But RAI did eventually publish the results and the % of televotes the Italian public has sent in SF2 and GF.

Have fun reading. #byenow
This makes it clear that the Italian public is still not very involved in the Eurovision Song Contest. Most of the votes given to Israel and Ukraine come from the Jewish community (+pro-Israeli) and the Ukrainian diaspora. Probably the few Italians who voted preferred Joost.

gigi_copp3

This makes it clear that the Italian public is still not very involved in the Eurovision Song Contest. Most of the votes given to Israel and Ukraine come from the Jewish community (+pro-Israeli) and the Ukrainian diaspora. Probably the few Italians who voted preferred Joost.
I can confirm this. The Italian public doesn't give a f... about the Eurovision Song Contest. Most of the votes to Israel were votes by pro-Israeli people, but I have a feeling there are very few votes, so it's easier for political entries to catalyze all the votes. I don't think Albanian diaspora is that numerous in Italy, but they vote more than the Italians themselves and we often give lots of points to them.

ESC94

I can confirm this. The Italian public doesn't give a f... about the Eurovision Song Contest. Most of the votes to Israel were votes by pro-Israeli people, but I have a feeling there are very few votes, so it's easier for political entries to catalyze all the votes. I don't think Albanian diaspora is that numerous in Italy, but they vote more than the Italians themselves and we often give lots of points to them.

It is very big:

Top Bottom