3 1.9%

12 7.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

gigi_copp3

Every year, I write a list of a possible cast of the next Sanremo, and this year I'd like to show you mine for 2024.
  • Alessandra Amoroso (I think it's time for a debut)
  • Angelina Mango (daugher of Giovanni Mango and Laura Valente, currently competitor in Amici)
  • Annalisa (she's in her new golden era, her recent songs "Bellissima" and "Mon Amour" are smashing everything and this is not usual for women singers in Italy)
  • Arisa (she tries literally every year and now it's two years missing)
  • Bnkr44 (young group that performed in the cover evening this year alongside Sethu in "Charlie fa surf")
  • Bresh (he is becoming mainstream, he may smash on the Ariston)
  • Dargen D’Amico (classic "surprise of some years ago that returns")
  • Diodato (he is not selling that much and Sanremo could help, since he is a winner)
  • Emma (why not? with a better song that Ogni volta è così she may win)
  • Francesca Michielin (she was rumoured last year and her latest album is not selling)
  • Francesco Gabbani (same as Diodato)
  • Gazzelle (indie artist that one day should try)
  • Geolier (seller of the year, following Rkomi and Lazza's steps)
  • Jalisse (they are competing in Isola dei Famosi and I can see another Cugini di Campagna right here)
  • Noemi (same as Arisa)
  • Pinguini Tattici Nucleari (coming for the win, they are really really popular rn)
  • Psicologi (they have a good support and they may become more famous)
  • Ricchi e Poveri (every year there is an over)
  • Salmo (in Sanremo 2023 he was a special guest, and I think he will try to compete in 2024)
  • Sangiovanni (he's having some hard times but he can bounce back with a good song)
  • Tedua (another rapper)
  • Tiziano Ferro (well, this is a wild prediction, but I feel he could compete because he has nothing to lose)

Uto

Veteran
I think Italy should consider not sending San Remo winners for a year or two. It's not like these songs are bad, but we constantly get a whiny dude doing an emotional ballad. I want to see something fresh from Italy.

Andromache

The quality of the Sanremo songs is really high. Italy would've probably done really well with Madame and Mr. Rain (I love his song. Would've been in my Top 5), too. This year they got again a great result. They should just continue what they're doing and I think Italy is one of the countries that could win Eurovision in this decade.

HayashiM

Veteran
The quality of the Sanremo songs is really high. Italy would've probably done really well with Madame and Mr. Rain (I love his song. Would've been in my Top 5), too. This year they got again a great result.
Great to see some love for my n°1 song of the entire season xheart

They should just continue what they're doing and I think Italy is one of the countries that could win Eurovision in this decade)
While :it: has already done it this decade, :ua: and :se: can't remain the only ones with 3 victories in this century. The chase is on! ;)

Last edited:

gigi_copp3

Ultimo or Irama next year please.
Ultimo stated that he won't be back in Sanremo, Irama it's possible yes.
Annalisa or Annalisa next year please. After 7 consecutive male singers.
I think now it's really hard for a woman to win Sanremo, especially after this year in which we had an all-men top 5 (and we had some good female proposals such as Elodie or Madame). We have a cultural problem, Italian musical industry is dominated by men (especially in the rap/trap/whatever world) and it's difficult for women to stand out, unfortunately. For some reason I can't understand, men proposals click on people instantly way more than women's, even if the latters are way better and sells post Sanremo prove that.

gigi_copp3

Again? :D :D
I'd take it with a pinch of salt - maybe he's not exactly coming back the next year, but eventually...
Nah, this time I think it's serious? This Sanremo has been the hell for him. 90% of the public didn't like his song and was absolutely angered with his (toxic) fandom... and the press cheered when he was announced as 4th place.

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
  • Salmo (in Sanremo 2023 he was a special guest, and I think he will try to compete in 2024)

Hearing him on covers night was one of the most pleasant surprises of Sanremo this year, and, if he submits a song for 2024, I'd love for it to be mostly singing.

I also wonder if, after two failed attempts to advance to the Sanremo Giovani finals, if Enula will submit herself into the Big category for 2024?

Epoque

goncalovieira

Why does RAI not send a woman by internal selection? Or invite one of the artists of Sanremo?
I know they want to associate the Eurovision brand with Sanremo and the past year's success it justifies that, but still..

Ajeje Brazorf

Why does RAI not send a woman by internal selection? Or invite one of the artists of Sanremo?
I know they want to associate the Eurovision brand with Sanremo and the past year's success it justifies that, but still..

Because it wouldn't be fair... If they choose to go that way, they should go that way, even if the Final verdict is unpopular. I so want a female to win next year too, but I want her to actually succeed in Sanremo, that will be really redeeming.

Ajeje Brazorf

Every year, I write a list of a possible cast of the next Sanremo, and this year I'd like to show you mine for 2024.
  • Alessandra Amoroso (I think it's time for a debut)
  • Angelina Mango (daugher of Giovanni Mango and Laura Valente, currently competitor in Amici)
  • Annalisa (she's in her new golden era, her recent songs "Bellissima" and "Mon Amour" are smashing everything and this is not usual for women singers in Italy)
  • Arisa (she tries literally every year and now it's two years missing)
  • Bnkr44 (young group that performed in the cover evening this year alongside Sethu in "Charlie fa surf")
  • Bresh (he is becoming mainstream, he may smash on the Ariston)
  • Dargen D’Amico (classic "surprise of some years ago that returns")
  • Diodato (he is not selling that much and Sanremo could help, since he is a winner)
  • Emma (why not? with a better song that Ogni volta è così she may win)
  • Francesca Michielin (she was rumoured last year and her latest album is not selling)
  • Francesco Gabbani (same as Diodato)
  • Gazzelle (indie artist that one day should try)
  • Geolier (seller of the year, following Rkomi and Lazza's steps)
  • Jalisse (they are competing in Isola dei Famosi and I can see another Cugini di Campagna right here)
  • Noemi (same as Arisa)
  • Pinguini Tattici Nucleari (coming for the win, they are really really popular rn)
  • Psicologi (they have a good support and they may become more famous)
  • Ricchi e Poveri (every year there is an over)
  • Sangiovanni (he's having some hard times but he can bounce back with a good song)
  • Tedua (another rapper)
  • Tiziano Ferro (well, this is a wild prediction, but I feel he could compete because he has nothing to lose)

Good list... There are three or four newcomers I will absolutely love to see, expecially Angelina Mango which in my opinion will be really huge in the next future in Italy (actually "Ci pensiamo domani" is #1 in Italian musical tendencies on Youtube). Tiziano will be a newcomer as well if he would be in, and he will be a huge competitor aswell. I think Salmo will finally compete, after years of speculations aswell. For the "over" category, your choice are not bad, but I can't see a Jalisse return happening tbh: the are literally in war against RAI at the moment and I don't think they will be in Sanremo next year. I think some odd past winner returnee of the '80s or '90s will be amongst the choices, like every year (Barbarossa? Fogli?). Ricchi e poveri? Yeah, I totally see this coming after their reunion. As for the ladies, Annalisa should be in again, same for Arisa. I don't know about Alessandra Amoroso, since she seemed to be mostly snubbed right now. Emma was in the lineup this year, I don't know if she will be next year, Francesca can be in.

Pinguini Tattici Nucleari will almost surely be in because they are on fire and they will be among the favourites next year too if they will be in Sanremo...

Last edited:

mup

Why does RAI not send a woman by internal selection?
They tried it in 2014 and the result was bad (even more so, since they sent a renowned female artist to attract more viewers to ESC).

Or invite one of the artists of Sanremo?
They tried it in 2016 and it ended in a low-table result (despite the fact that the singer was very invested in Eurovision).

I don't know if the selection process will change in the future but I guess it's a positive thing that Sanremo ensures a rather broad scrutiny of our entries, with evaluations given by the televote, the press and/or experts' jury, the demoscopic jury and, in some years, even the orchestra voting. Every year there's some reshuffling about the incidence percentages of each component, so it ends up being very different from the Eurovision method.

elanyvx

A series of polls opened by this Italian account that talks about Eurovision, have led to this final ranking:

1° Annalisa (solo female singer)
2° Paola & Chiara (band-duo)
3° Irama (solo male singer)

Annalisa 52%
Paola & Chiara 42%
Irama 6%

For band-duo the top 4: Paola & Chiara, La Rappresentante di Lista, Pinguini Tattici Nucleari, Meduza
For solo male singer the top 4: Irama, Lazza, Michele Bravi, Tananai
For solo female singer the top 4: Annalisa, Elodie, Elisa, Madame

Chalphon

A series of polls opened by this Italian account that talks about Eurovision, have led to this final ranking:

1° Annalisa (solo female singer)
2° Paola & Chiara (band-duo)
3° Irama (solo male singer)

Annalisa 52%
Paola & Chiara 42%
Irama 6%

For band-duo the top 4: Paola & Chiara, La Rappresentante di Lista, Pinguini Tattici Nucleari, Meduza
For solo male singer the top 4: Irama, Lazza, Michele Bravi, Tananai
For solo female singer the top 4: Annalisa, Elodie, Elisa, Madame

I vote for Zucchero

Top Bottom