3 1.9%

12 7.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

jatojo

In how many countries is “noia” used as a short version of the word “paranoia”?

jatojo

Personally, I've never heard of this short form being used in Italy.
It wouldn't make sense either tbh - if you analyze the meaning and origin of the word paranoia. But nevertheless, in Denmark "noia" is slang for "paranoia" (first registered in the 1970's).

• Like It
Reactions: mup

mup

It seems that Angelina will attend Eurovision pre-parties. (source) :)

She also has a sold-out concert in April and some of her concerts in October are already sold-out they had to double the date, meanwhile her song Che t'o dico a fa' has recently certified double platinum (I think La noia will follow). She's constantly being invited on radio/TV shows and interviewed by magazines, so far it seems she's keeping busy after Sanremo.

Last edited:

Paco Roca

It's the first time that Italy participates in almost all the pre-parties! They chose to abandon their pedestal. I'm happy about this. Great choice for Angelina to prepare for the main event.

ayzelto

It's the first time that Italy participates in almost all the pre-parties! They chose to abandon their pedestal. I'm happy about this. Great choice for Angelina to prepare for the main event.
Clearly it’s the first time in a long time Italy is sending a non-established artist, which makes it easier for them (in terms of schedule), to take part in these events.

nudiecrudi

Clearly it’s the first time in a long time Italy is sending a non-established artist, which makes it easier for them (in terms of schedule), to take part in these events.
Sometimes better get informed or keep the memory trained
Mahmood 2019 was a non established artists coming from Sanremo Giovani.
Gabbani 2017 was a non established artist too
And we are not talking about 19th century but only 5 and 7 years ago

ayzelto

Sometimes better get informed or keep the memory trained
Mahmood 2019 was a non established artists coming from Sanremo Giovani.
Gabbani 2017 was a non established artist too
And we are not talking about 19th century but only 5 and 7 years ago
Come on, 2019 was 5 years ago already. Some preparties have happened since then. Even Mahmood and BLANCO couldn’t make it to the rehearsals because of the busy schedule of the second. Sometimes better think twice before speaking or you could come across as a rude person.

nudiecrudi

Come on, 2019 was 5 years ago already. Some preparties have happened since then. Even Mahmood and BLANCO couldn’t make it to the rehearsals because of the busy schedule of the second. Sometimes better think twice before speaking or you could come across as a rude person.
I'm not a rude person but I was just explaining the facts
5 years isn't a long time as you wrote and now you're contradicting yourself.
Since these parties didn't exist how could they have participate?
Than Marco had a grand tour throughout Europe, better idea instead singing in front of few fans
Mahmood 2022 too, his tour included some European cities.
So Marco 2023 and Mahmoud 2022 have decided to promote differently their song, 2020 canceled, 2021 no preparties how many years are left?
Am I being rude or just explaining that what you wrote wasn't exact?

mup

Guys let's not argue over such things. :cry:
Everybody is a bit right, we would all like our singers to participate in the events before ESC - and not taking part might come across a tad snobbish to some of us fans - unfortunately their careers are in the hands of their labels/managers and a career means... well, just plain business and money for their management. Newcomers like Mahmood in 2019, Francesco Gabbani in 2017 - like rising star Angelina Mango - had more availability to attend pre-parties, it was an opportunity to gain a small fanbase in Europe. When artists are well established names it is more difficult to have them at pre-parties (for the reasons you've mentioned, probably because other events are more profitable).

The problem is when their managers are thoughtless, think of Mahmood as famous artist in 2022, being vocally squeezed at ESC after too many concerts planned by his manager(s), whereas Marco Mengoni's pre-ESC tour and events had a good timing and purpose. Since Angelina and Marco share the same manager, Marta Donà, I think the timing of the simultaneous announcements of her pre-parties attendances had been thoughtfully planned by Marta (who also managed Måneskin up to 2021).

Last edited:

mup

News! Angelina Mango and Loreen will be performing at Isle of Wight Festival 2024, in June. :)
(source)

Isle-of-Wight.jpg

mup

Meanwhile Mango's La Rondine has certified platinum, propped by Angelina's cover.

A side note: this week Cenere by Lazza (2nd place in Sanremo 2023) has certified 8x platinum, Sangiovanni's Farfalle (5th in Sanremo 2022) has certified 6x platinum. Good for the Italian festival as well.

Last edited:

nudiecrudi

Her maneger and discographic label are doing an excellent job to promote Angelina. Love the fact she is going to be in all the preparties. People will adore her, she is a great live performer and a very humble girl.
In a week we'll have her first live performance in front of esc fan public.
Can't wait.

SirPeterGriffin

She oozes so much star quality. Her personality shines in every movement and facial expression while hitting every single note. This is instant serotonin boost every time i listen to it. Certified summery mediterranean bop. Can this win? In a wide open year, it's not far-fetched. In theory, it's a song that can appeal consistently with both juries and viewers for its zeitgeist appeal and sometimes that's all you need.

nudiecrudi

I'm getting a bit nervous.
Italy very near to Croatia in the odds.
I know that means nothing for the moment but noticing all the appreciations by different levels I don't want to nourish false hopes.

Top Bottom