3 1.9%

12 7.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

sucof

Forgive my reply, :) but you must admit that it's quite a feature not having a woman winning for 9 consecutive years. ESC fans from Europe who have been getting to know Sanremo during these years, once Italy rejoined Eurovision, can only remember (and therefore know) what they've seen so far, they won't know, let's say, the 1970s/80s winners.The memory of an all-male winners streak will last long in the fandom, so I think Iker was just referring to this "shock". ;)
we vote for the best song, not the sex!
It's just a coincidence.

mup

we vote for the best song, not the sex!
It's just a coincidence.
It's true that one must vote for the best song and in the past few years female singers happened to have weaker songs, but, as we said before, with a televote coming from a large female majority one can possibly detect a bias towards male singers that played a part (not counting the rigged televote of 2024). As for the juries, perhaps they preferred more elaborate lyrics, which led them to downvote conventional love songs that female singers are more accustomed to bringing in Sanremo.

nudiecrudi

Forgive my reply, :) but you must admit that it's quite a feature not having a woman winning for 9 consecutive years. ESC fans from Europe who have been getting to know Sanremo during these years, once Italy rejoined Eurovision, can only remember (and therefore know) what they've seen so far, they won't know, let's say, male winners the 1970s/80s winners.The memory of an all-male winners streak will last long in the fandom, so I think Iker was just referring to this "shock". ;)
Yes it was a long time. You're right. But did we had shitty male winners to complain so maybe women would have done better? No I don't think so.
Then who cares if is a male or a female. The most important thing is the quality and until now all the males have done an excellent job.

mup

Meanwhile the top 6 songs of this year's Sanremo are already getting certified. (y)

I wonder what to expect for the future. Without Amadeus as artistic director I don't know if the chosen songs will have the same appeal, or if big names would like to take part in the festival. :confused:

nudiecrudi

I think the positive trend will continue.
Obviously it Wil be so difficult to repeat 2024 bombastic figures but all the discographic labels know that Sanremo could be such a fantastic stage for their artists and since it is related to Esc many of them could also be famous in Europe even without winning Sanremo

• Like It
Reactions: mup

jatojo

The song simply doesn't stick. There is basically no melody in it. It was the same with SloMo, but at least the Spaniard was an excellent dancer.

I completely acknowledge that there is a successful Eurovision genre where the beat is more important than the melody. It's just not what I'm looking for. I tend to forget those songs. I did have Angelina in my Sanremo top 3 though. Behind two other songs that I found slightly more melodic.

mup

The song simply doesn't stick. There is basically no melody in it. It was the same with SloMo, but at least the Spaniard was an excellent dancer.

I completely acknowledge that there is a successful Eurovision genre where the beat is more important than the melody. It's just not what I'm looking for. I tend to forget those songs. I did have Angelina in my Sanremo top 3 though. Behind two other songs that I found slightly more melodic.

I remember this phrase repeated so many times when Zitti e Buoni won Sanremo.
Please repeat it again. Being italian I'm highly superstition and maybe it will end as 2021......who knows 😘
I don't think jatojo's comment meant to dismiss La Noia entirely, it just pointed out a feature that makes him/her like a song. After all, we are here to share our opinions and songs generate different perceptions in each one of us. In this sense I find his/her opinion helpful because, despite liking Angelina's song, I myself had been thinking about that something I couldn't quite put my finger on about La Noia. Perhaps these type of songs (like our 2021 entry) rely on their singers' charisma to come alive on stage (and to get votes in the competition).

mup

Another important thing: Eurovision costs for the entrant and for the TV production is fully paid by advertisements and nothing is paid with the Italian television tax.
I do hope so. At least the audience that is against our participation in ESC will not bring up the economical burden as an argument.

nudiecrudi

I don't think jatojo's comment meant to dismiss La Noia entirely, it just pointed out a feature that makes him/her like a song. After all, we are here to share our opinions and songs generate different perceptions in each one of us. In this sense I find his/her opinion helpful because, despite liking Angelina's song, I myself had been thinking about that something I couldn't quite put my finger on about La Noia. Perhaps these type of songs (like our 2021 entry) rely on their singers' charisma to come alive on stage (and to get votes in the competition).
I was just making a joke.
Nothing more.
Respect for everybody s opinion.
I don't click with 80% of the songs released until now so no problem.

mup

I just love Clara's song more:

Best Eurovision/NF song so far this year. Very good live performance. Badly treated by juries and televoters.
Indeed, Clara was unfairly underrated. I would have placed her in top 10. I expected a low televote given the fact that she's a newcomer, but it was surprising to see the juries ranking her so low with that good performance. :unsure:

I also expected Dargen D'Amico and/or Ghali to get/share some awards for their upbeat songs with lyrics about socio-political issues, Dargen D'Amico was ranked too low as well. :( But I might be biased towards him, I really liked his 2022 entry. xyaay

Top Bottom