3 1.9%

12 7.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

gigi_copp3

Mahmood noooooooooooooooooo..... Denied!!!!! Again and again and again and again and again. Nooooooooooooooo

First he was in 2015 with soldi. Then 2022 with Blanco. Then in Liverpool 2023 as interval act. Just noooooooooooooooooo. Enough is enough. He will never have better placement than that one with soldi. His last participation with Blanco was tragedy. They butchered live with vocals. They never showed up on pre parties or rehearsal. They met candidates on the day of esc final. Nooooo. Marco mengoni did more for LGBT than mahmood in his 7585 appearances.
Mahmood won't win, unless he comes up with the best song of the competition by far.
After Brividi, he released nothing until last month, a lot of people forgot about his existence and he lost a lot of popularity. Even though he won two Sanremo Festivals, it was not because of a big fanbase always supporting him, but his songs were considered the best in the competition he entered in.

PolarFoxxie.

Aleks you realise political messages at Eurovision are forbidden?? It says in ebu rules.... You know about that??? Let me teach you examples georgia we dont wanna put in. So yeah I am Croat and I still believe ebu shouldn't have double standards. Now you have learned something new. That political messages are not allowed.

Well like I said Europe wasn't generous that much this time, but 100+ televotes for that song proves my point. In any other year 20 pts max if lucky to Q. I mean you are even next year favourites to win behind Israel in odds. I wonder why. Hallo ALEKS, proving my point exactly.
Btw ALEKS. I'm glad you are digging my old posts. (Who does that) and all you did is proving my point right. :ROFLMAO:

Who is next?

mup

Correct me if I'm wrong: Geolier, Fred De Palma, Angelina Mango, La Sad, Il Tre, Alfa, Gazzelle, Rose Villain, Big Mama, Ghali, Maninni + 3 newcomers from Sanremo Giovani makes a total of 14 singers who are competing in Sanremo for the first time. About half of the cast, which is good for keeping the contest going. New names competing and winning Sanremo usually bring freshness to the contest.

I still don't know whether a woman will win, with 2/3 of the audience being women it appears that the televote will favour men. It seems that last year Lazza managed to catalyse the "male vote" toward something more contemporary and less "classic", but wasn't enough to challenge Marco's fanbase.

I think I have never heard of Maninni before, :unsure: maybe his entry is good enough to be among the big names.

AlekS

Veteran

PolarFoxxie.

Is that the best you can do ALEKS???? Disappointed...
You realise that in discussion with me you need strong arguments. What I was pointing out was double standards of ebu. If Georgia was disqualified because of same thing, so should Croatia have been. Come on aleksss, my young nephew understood my point. How old are you? You didn't understand my point? How old are you? 11? I believe in you ALEKS, you can do better than that.

Ohh and you didn't quote part about Ukraine getting huge televote score. Seems you agree with me that in recent years Europe was too generous with televotes for Ukraine. Thumbs up...

Btw why are you quoting my old posts about Croatia and Ukraine. You realise you are in Italy thread???

Sammy

Veteran
Excited about Ricchi e Poveri and Nek
Curious about Loredana Berté and Diodato (I hope he shows us a different side of his artistic spectre even if it is a ballad)

mup

Alessandra Amoroso too
Correct! I forgot because she has such a long career you wouldn't think it's her first time competing in Sanremo! :oops: So that's exactly half of the cast that has never competed before.

Amadeus has the power of attracting big names, it will be hard for his successor(s). Perhaps a downsizing is ahead without him. :censored:

PolarFoxxie.

IL volo according to Wikipedia paragraph controversies did something disgusting in their hotel room. They also had duet with Laura bretan and support giorgia meloni. Enough... I can't believe I wanted them to win in 2015..

nudiecrudi

Amadeus has the power of attracting big names, it will be hard for his successor(s). Perhaps a downsizing is ahead without him. :censored:
Who knows. It dipends. Maybe Rai will offer to Amadeus to organize Sanremo for the next two years.

Ajeje Brazorf

Contra arguments zero zero zero. Show me part of my post you disagree with??? I know truth hurts, but I am and will always be real. You can do better than that man or woman without a name, photo or anything really.

What polar foxie das every year??? Honey, I'm registered in 2022. And I haven't even been commenting on this thread that much. You confused me with someone. Are you feeling good? How can we help you sweetie.

Yes, and from 2022 you are still in a loop. I still remember your comments on Mahmood and Blanco in 2022, which were talking about everything but a thing: music. And I'm actually not the only one here which remembers your rants when they were selected, or so it seems. I thank you for your worries about me, but I'm totally fine, thanks sweetie. And about what we Italians will choose, well, let's say we will choose who we want: always has been so, and apparently, well, it kinda works you know? And you actually can't do nothing to change this. So relax and enjoy the incoming NF season. And now, as I said, I don't feed the troll, so this is my last time I'm actually replying to it.

Last edited:

gigi_copp3

Correct me if I'm wrong: Geolier, Fred De Palma, Angelina Mango, La Sad, Il Tre, Alfa, Gazzelle, Rose Villain, Big Mama, Ghali, Maninni + 3 newcomers from Sanremo Giovani makes a total of 14 singers who are competing in Sanremo for the first time. About half of the cast, which is good for keeping the contest going. New names competing and winning Sanremo usually bring freshness to the contest.

I still don't know whether a woman will win, with 2/3 of the audience being women it appears that the televote will favour men. It seems that last year Lazza managed to catalyse the "male vote" toward something more contemporary and less "classic", but wasn't enough to challenge Marco's fanbase.

I think I have never heard of Maninni before, :unsure: maybe his entry is good enough to be among the big names.
That's a fact: it might seem that Italy has a problem with women, but in fact are women who always vote men. In last year's top 5, Mengoni, Ultimo, Mr Rain and Tananai were mainly voted by women, Lazza probably got most of the votes by men. This year we'll have Alessandra Amoroso, who has a huge fanbase (mainly composed by women), but she has also lots of haters especially after polemics because she didn't sign an autograph to a fan last year. We'll see... other televote magnets might be Il Volo (they'll get lots of votes by the older people) and Geolier (who has lots of young fans and especially all of Naples to support him).

Maninni competed in Sanremo Giovani last year with "Mille porte", but he wasn't selected to compete in Sanremo 2023. He precedently competed in the sixteenth edition of Amici in 2016, but he was eliminated in the early stages.

OT: In the same Sanremo Giovani in which Maninni competed in, there was another singer who didn't get the pass to Sanremo 2023: Mida. He is now competing in Amici and he's having a lot of success with his song "Rossofuoco". Yesterday he presented his next song, "Mi odierai", which is supposed to be the song Mida would have casted to Sanremo 2023. I'll post the link when the song is officially published, but I think we lost a great, great song for 2023.

PolarFoxxie.

Yes, and from 2022 you are still in a loop. I still remember your comments on Mahmood and Blanco in 2022, which were talking about everything but a thing: music. And I'm actually not the only one here which remembers your rants when they were selected, or so it seems. I thank you for your worries about me, but I'm totally fine, thanks sweetie. And about what we Italians will choose, well, let's say we will choose who we want: always has been so, and apparently, well, it kinda works you know? And you actually can't do nothing to change this. So relax and enjoy the incoming NF season. And now, as I said, I don't feed the troll, so this is my last time I'm actually replying to it.
I know you said you won't reply to me, but you can't resist. You are quoting my posts, I only reply to it. You said for years I'm commenting Italy. People would have wrong impression when reading your post. I corrected your wrong post ajeje brazorf and said only last year I started commenting.

I was talking about Blanco and mahmood, their vocal abilities and their behaviour and attitude. That's not being troll. We are allowed to have opinions. See I haven't even changed my opinion abt him. You really believe Eurovision is only about music and vocals? In that case we would still have black and white TV, live orchestra and kaarja and babushkas would have never finished 2nd. Do you understand now, do you finally get my point or do I need to continue giving examples??? You say that worst person in the world with best vocal and song should win? You would only care about song and vocal? It's not important who sings it? Please give me a break . In that case kaarja would have never qualified for final with his vocals and he won televote.

Every euro fan would tell you the same, you can't talk negatively about Eurovision, and also wanting to go to Eurovision. Absurd... If your tour is more important than Eurovision, then be on your. But not showing at pre parties or on rehearsal and having bad attitude doesn't look good on Italy. Really no fan would tell you that they liked their behaviour. And it showed in the final. You can choose whoever you want but we also have every right to comment about them.

nudiecrudi

Personally I don't have any prejudice about Mahmood. I also think that his song could be good since Amadeus chosed him again leaving out other famous artists.
A star like him does not come back, after winning Sanremo 2 times, with a mediocre song. Obviously I would like someone else to win but if his song is really good why not. Or maybe he declines the possibility to go to Esc and pass it to Annalisa or Angelina
Anyway just some thoughts

mup

That's a fact: it might seem that Italy has a problem with women, but in fact are women who always vote men. In last year's top 5, Mengoni, Ultimo, Mr Rain and Tananai were mainly voted by women, Lazza probably got most of the votes by men. This year we'll have Alessandra Amoroso, who has a huge fanbase (mainly composed by women), but she has also lots of haters especially after polemics because she didn't sign an autograph to a fan last year. We'll see... other televote magnets might be Il Volo (they'll get lots of votes by the older people) and Geolier (who has lots of young fans and especially all of Naples to support him).

Maninni competed in Sanremo Giovani last year with "Mille porte", but he wasn't selected to compete in Sanremo 2023. He precedently competed in the sixteenth edition of Amici in 2016, but he was eliminated in the early stages.

OT: In the same Sanremo Giovani in which Maninni competed in, there was another singer who didn't get the pass to Sanremo 2023: Mida. He is now competing in Amici and he's having a lot of success with his song "Rossofuoco". Yesterday he presented his next song, "Mi odierai", which is supposed to be the song Mida would have casted to Sanremo 2023. I'll post the link when the song is officially published, but I think we lost a great, great song for 2023.
Thank you for your reply! :) I agree with what you say about the "problem with women". At least in 2023 the massive televote for male artists was reflected in the good sales and airplay of the top 5 songs, with Mengoni, Lazza, Mr. Rain and Tananai going multiplatinum, so that the songs appreciation during the Sanremo nights was consistent with their appreciation outside of the contest, where it truly matters for the viability of every artist's career.

Thanks for updating me on other things I didn't know (the autograph-gate, the young singers' careers) since I don't watch much on TV nor I follow all the gossip news surrounding the artists. I must be living under a rock or something! :LOL:

mup

According to various news websites these are some of the names who didn't make the cut:

Michele Bravi
Arisa
Marcella Bella
Al Bano
Patty Pravo
Zero Assoluto
Ermal Meta
Jalisse
Francesco Gabbani
Alexia
Malika Ayane
Bresh