4 2.2%

12 6.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ajeje Brazorf

No, no, no, no, we are probably botching a winning artist with an uneffective staging.
Hope it's not that bad

The staging for this song relies A LOT on camera works more than in special effects. Again, we can't see if It will be good or not, because we will have lots of shots on her more than on the stage, as it was supposed to be. This type of song must have a close look on what the artist delivers, otherwise you didn't follow its flow the proper way. As I said, It wouldn't be a televoting catalyst, but the best probabilities it has to be competitive in the televote is with close or short camera angles.

aef

I thought that this would be the most likely winner but the staging doesn‘t give me winner vibes anymore now.

I guess :hr: really is the most likely winner now, huh. I mean I’d be happy for them. But I still don’t know about their jury result and if it will be enough.

cegs5

I can't wait to see Angelina tonight. One of my top favs this year! Song, voice, charisma checked... hoping for a good staging.

Paco Roca

what do you think?

I think Italy has committed itself to a stylish staging but from the footage I've seen I have the feeling that it has lost some of that direct contact we had with Angelina in Sanremo. Some shots are too far away and the dancers don't bring an upgrade. They are also counterproductive because they distract attention from Angelina who, compared to the statuesque physique of some of dancers, looks like a breadstick with stilts on her feet. I hope that everything goes well for him tonight and that she can shine and make you feel the underlying suffering that the song brings with it.

gigi_copp3

RAI should work on the camera shots, they're terrible.
As I understood, on this evening she'll use the red and black outfite, meanwhile on Saturday she'll use the black one (that's better because it creates a better contrast with the background)

• Like It
Reactions: GRE

Grinch

Angelina killed it in the rehearsal but the staging is ruining :it:'s change of victory.

Franco

In line with the last two messages I make some considerations.

In the past, I read Pino Mango's story very quickly and what struck me was precisely the way he died and one of the many subsequent consequences moved me. Pino Mango died as a true artist on the stage. A few hours later his brother followed him and passed away together with him due to the immense pain. It was a very close family. Angelina was catapulted from heaven to hell in an instant.

His last word was "Sorry" ("Scusate") to the audience because he couldn't finish the song.
He was a kind soul.

Uto

Veteran
I think Italy has committed itself to a stylish staging but from the footage I've seen I have the feeling that it has lost some of that direct contact we had with Angelina in Sanremo.

I agree and this quote here is all that needs to be said. They just had to recreate San Remo. It was disorienting but it fit the song so well, it was intimate so it allowed Angelina to work with her natural charisma much more as you are saying and with her consistent little dance moves it felt super fun. I feel like they dropped the ball on what might very well have been a winner, but it doesn't look likely now. People focus on the patterns and the outifts and the camera work etc etc, but the problem is in the general strategy.

Paco Roca

I agree and this quote here is all that needs to be said. They just had to recreate San Remo. It was disorienting but it fit the song so well, it was intimate so it allowed Angelina to work with her natural charisma much more as you are saying and with her consistent little dance moves it felt super fun. I feel like they dropped the ball on what might very well have been a winner, but it doesn't look likely now. People focus on the patterns and the outifts and the camera work etc etc, but the problem is in the general strategy.
Year after year, Italy has suffered the pressing criticism of the Bubble for boring ballads (while this year Slimane's basic ballad is adored), for the omnipresent men and the poor staging. This year Italy wanted to please those who criticized her and for this very reason she may have thrown the victory in the bin. I've always said, "La noia" is neither a stylish nor catchy song. Yes, it has these nuances but mainly it is a "dance ballad". It should have remained like Sanremo. I think it's a guaranteed Top 10 but now the favorites are Baby Lasagna and... some will think I'm crazy, Bambie Thug. I feel a "Lordi Effect" in the air.

Uto

Veteran
Year after year, Italy has suffered the pressing criticism of the Bubble for boring ballads (while this year Slimane's basic ballad is adored), for the omnipresent men and the poor staging. This year Italy wanted to please those who criticized her and for this very reason she may have thrown the victory in the bin. I've always said, "La noia" is neither a stylish nor catchy song. Yes, it has these nuances but mainly it is a "dance ballad". It should have remained like Sanremo. I think it's a guaranteed Top 10 but now the favorites are Baby Lasagna and... some will think I'm crazy, Bambie Thug. I feel a "Lordi Effect" in the air.

I meant general strategy as in the strategy for the staging. If we look a level higher it's just Italy doing Italy things because San Remo works like that and I think it's a tad unfortunate that it often results in similar songs, but it's not really a problem because Italy does show up with something fresh every now and then and the typical San Remo ballads are usually good anyway if a bit unimaginative. But yeah Italy just can't stage songs very well somehow, like they can do a decent job pretty consistently but they have trouble finding ways to elevate the song. It's not a problem limited to Italy though. Staging is very hard and the recipe to the secret sauce lives in a vault somewhere in Kyiv. Rest of Europe just has to reinvent it every year and it's hit and miss.

gigi_copp3

I think the bubble has a bad attitude towards us.
Since Maneskin's win we've always been criticized for everything: for the hosting, for Blanco and Mahmood's performance that got an "undeserved" 6th place (they were bad but the song was the best out of all 40), for Mengoni because we sent another male ballad with little staging. Mengoni was supposed to finish in low top 10/outside top 10, he got a 4th place at just 12 points from 3rd place.
We had a great song this year, but it's like everyone just waited for us to fail: despite Angelina was considered one of the best performers of the year and the song was always 1st in most of the reactions/standings, no one actually pushed us to win since the beginning. And we won't win, just because no one had enough hype on her.
The staging is good, the only thing that has to be fixed is the camera shots that are terrible, and I hope RAI does it.
I fear we'll become the new Sweden, but without the EBU backing us.

Chorizo

Not as bad as the title suggests. I like the instrumental parts and think the song is quite enjoyable. 12 points.

oxy333

Ohh the staging is too much... Ohhh the lights too... Ohhh why the dancers??? Ohhh it's "so dissimilar from Sanremo"... Ohhh the OUTFIT... it is better and worst of the previous last one. :ROFLMAO: Sorry for the nonsense but, who cares of ODDS and BETs, Italy go with the show, ESC is not for great voice and talent, but is just for FUN. Take it easy!

Ajeje Brazorf

I think the bubble has a bad attitude towards us.
Since Maneskin's win we've always been criticized for everything: for the hosting, for Blanco and Mahmood's performance that got an "undeserved" 6th place (they were bad but the song was the best out of all 40), for Mengoni because we sent another male ballad with little staging. Mengoni was supposed to finish in low top 10/outside top 10, he got a 4th place at just 12 points from 3rd place.
We had a great song this year, but it's like everyone just waited for us to fail: despite Angelina was considered one of the best performers of the year and the song was always 1st in most of the reactions/standings, no one actually pushed us to win since the beginning. And we won't win, just because no one had enough hype on her.
The staging is good, the only thing that has to be fixed is the camera shots that are terrible, and I hope RAI does it.
I fear we'll become the new Sweden, but without the EBU backing us.

It's the faith of every successful Eurovision country: Ireland in the '90s was successful but Eurofans were bored of It winning, UK was a winner several times but most people is pleased to see them not winning anymore, Sweden is always overrated, as Italy, Ukraine wins are biased... Etc, etc, etc.

NeoTen

By far the best of the big 5. Live performance very well done. She wasn't in the right place and sometimes too late seeing nobody behind her, but this is gonna do verrry well.

empo21

Veteran
While I don't like the new choreo, the performance wasn't bad and it gathers itself up towards the end.

She's still blending with the led though

cegs5

I still love La noia and it's one of my favourites this year, even now that I saw that the staging isn't that great tbh. I expected more colour and focus on Angelina connecting with the audience like in Sanremo.

Top Bottom