6 3.6%

6 3.6%

6 3.6%

53 31.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Please keep discussion in this thread specific to Eden Golan and her song, Israel's (potential) participation in Eurovision 2024 and discussions or remarks from other countries and organisations about Israel's participation.

Any further discussion of a political or humanitarian nature not relating to specifically Israel in Eurovision 2024 needs to go into the politics sub-forum. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

SpiritofKeiino

If I was an ESC blogger I don't think I'd bother doing a review video for this. Not directly because of the politics of it (and I do despise what Israel is doing). Just what would be the upside of doing a review? If you do a video review of the song, be it good or bad, you'll get a ton of abuse for even covering it. So easier just not to bother.

Looren

Veteran
If I was an ESC blogger I don't think I'd bother doing a review video for this. Not directly because of the politics of it (and I do despise what Israel is doing). Just what would be the upside of doing a review? If you do a video review of the song, be it good or bad, you'll get a ton of abuse for even covering it. So easier just not to bother.

Well yeah, tbh I'm happy I stopped doing videos a moment ago (no motivation and irl life just screwing me over) so I don't have to make a video about that song 'cause no matter what you'll say it'll turn into a shitshow

ESC94

I give :il: a good :7:, as a ballad lover I´m happy to hear something different to all the "loud" entries this year. I really like her voice a lot and I think she sells it well, but I think a bit more in Hebrew would´ve suited well since I like the language a lot. I also I feel a few other songs a bit more, therefore no bigger points from my side.

I think reaching the final isn´t in danger for Eden, but there I expect a very wide gap in jury and televote with some jurys placing her very low and not only for musical reasons. :(

I wish her all the best in Malmö, she will need good nerves to say the least.

han-g

I will say the song is beginning to grow on me or at least the acapella short of eden is growing on me.

hungo

I dont like the production. Maybe they did not have enough time to work on it. 5 points

crashworld

Veteran
Can understand your point but I believe the melody was made to not be in your face intentionally. Just enough to make an impact reflecting the mood in Israel. The song's main purpose is remembering and paying tribute to the victims at Nova Festival and October 7th in general hence the imagery in the music video. Going too over the top with it wouldn't have made sense in that respect.

I agree. Regardless of what one thinks about KAN and their initial antics, the team that produces the track did a wonderful job here in managing the mood of the song. Basic lyrics aside (even though I do like some of the lines because it is easy to understand what the song is trying to express), I love the arrangement of the song and the use of certain sound effects (like water drops, thunder, heavy breathing etc) to accentuate things they wanted to express but they couldn't with the edited lyrics.

The music video also did a wonderful job in capturing the mood of the song and trying to reflect what the people in Israel have felt/are still feeling. That would have been a complementary staging concept, which suits the song perfectly.

Looking at the situation and context of the song of how it is produced, Israel can be and should be proud of this entry.

crashworld

Veteran
On a side track, not sure if this is going to be an indicative of things in the coming months but the music video on the ESC channel has hit more than 1 million views, considering there are 2 more versions out there. And the "likes-dislikes" ratio is now leaning on the "likes" side slightly more, which is surprising to see.

han-g

On a side track, not sure if this is going to be an indicative of things in the coming months but the music video on the ESC channel has hit more than 1 million views, considering there are 2 more versions out there. And the "likes-dislikes" ratio is now leaning on the "likes" side slightly more, which is surprising to see.
Is it, most pro Palestinians (ie the ones who aren't eurofans) aren't watching it so they can't then dislike it. Pro Israelis have like bombed it and for neutral people (aka the silent majority) it's a song that some people will love and no one will actually dislike enough to press the dislike button.

I bims

Veteran
Since the streaming numbers are low compared to other songs with views like that, it indicates bot activity.

njdevils94

Veteran
It debuted on Israel's spotify on March 11th at #1 and has been there for a few days now. I'm not sure how popular spotify is in Isarel compared to other countries. Maybe the Israeli forumers would no better but it's a decent start for streaming numbers.

Israeliboy

It debuted on Israel's spotify on March 11th at #1 and has been there for a few days now. I'm not sure how popular spotify is in Isarel compared to other countries. Maybe the Israeli forumers would no better but it's a decent start for streaming numbers.
It's quite popular in Israel.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

This is it. The person who controls Euroscoreboard refused to take Israel of the app and ended up with his photo, name and address plastered all over Twitter. I honestly wonder how many who haven't covered it have done so not because they're boycotting but because its just not worth the drama and abuse that comes from it. It's a very very loud bubble that seem to think they're the centre of the fandom

crashworld

Veteran

From what I can see on my Spotify player, the song currently has 330,041 listens. I think it's doing not too shabbily considering the boycotts. Plus Israel is a relatively smaller country compared to most countries in ESC, so I think it's doing better than expected.

crashworld

Veteran
This is it. The person who controls Euroscoreboard refused to take Israel of the app and ended up with his photo, name and address plastered all over Twitter. I honestly wonder how many who haven't covered it have done so not because they're boycotting but because its just not worth the drama and abuse that comes from it. It's a very very loud bubble that seem to think they're the centre of the fandom

Imagine this is just over an unofficial app.

I have a feeling these crazies will do the same to the juries who vote in favour of Israel. This can potentially deter juries who genuinely like the song and want to vote for Israel.

We live in dark and insane times indeed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom