6 3.6%

6 3.6%

6 3.6%

53 31.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Please keep discussion in this thread specific to Eden Golan and her song, Israel's (potential) participation in Eurovision 2024 and discussions or remarks from other countries and organisations about Israel's participation.

Any further discussion of a political or humanitarian nature not relating to specifically Israel in Eurovision 2024 needs to go into the politics sub-forum. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

crashworld

Veteran
Now that the internal selection works well with Israel. Getting back to Q with their best results since their win in 2018. I wonder if they will retain the internal selection format for 2024's ESC entry or they will go back to getting their representatives from the talent shows.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Now that the internal selection works well with Israel. Getting back to Q with their best results since their win in 2018. I wonder if they will retain the internal selection format for 2024's ESC entry or they will go back to getting their representatives from the talent shows.

I'm that would be as stupid as Malta changing their selection process in 2022 o_O

Why would they do that, really? Not to mention the Israeli public was crazy for Noa, almost more hype than for Netta even. The ratings were probably really big.

IDK who could be next though? Maybe her ex

Marcos C

Brandt

Israel now needs to send a song about mothers that is definitely “not political”; shoot a music video in a war where a mother tries to hold onto life but then again the song has nothing to do with the political situation happening in the region because after all Loreen’s Euphoria is not about forests anyway. Then Israel gets 12 points from every televote but it has nothing to do with the political message of the song, it is just the song objectively being perfect and everyone somehow loving it. Then Israeli fans will have a difficult time defending “they are under attack and country is not safe” but “it is safe enough to host the contest in Israel”. Eurovision 2025 will be in Paris in collaboration with the Israeli channel.

Mainshow

Veteran
"Stefania" got released on 7th February, 2022 (and was written/recorded BEFORE that date)
RuZZia invaded Ukraine on 24th February, 2022.

Ukraine won the Eurovision final on 14th May, 2022.
The music video of "Stefania" was released on 15th May, 2022.

I know you tried to compose a funny thread but in the end, it just comes across as utterly bitter (even after 17 months) and slightly dumb.

Brandt

We may as well see the Israeli broadcaster inviting past winners to an interval act, but —this part is essential— only the political winners. Then one of the winners who has won only because their song was beloved will post online that they didn’t receive any invitation. When people speak up this issue, Eurofans will say that they are trying to hide it so that the uninvited winner can “surprise” us viewers during the live show, and we all pretend it makes sense.

crashworld

Veteran
At this moment in time, I doubt the Israeli public or delegation care about Eurovision. And I would not be surprised if they will choose withdraw from the competition next year. If the war continues to escalate and the backlash against Israel becomes stronger, I don't think it's wise for Israel to compete and have their artist to be subjected to all this pressure.

And also, till now EBU has not come out and release a statement to denounce Israel like what they did to Russia/Belarus. So long as the Israeli participating broadcaster does not go off tangent, I don't think EBU will bar Israel from participating.

Personally, with how things are looking now, I think it will be better if Israel sits out next year's contest.

HarryUK

Veteran
If they enter they'd probably win because it's a vote to win not vote for last place and there are enough people in Europe who are incredibly saddened by Hamas' atrocities in Israel of late

And don't reply about Gaza to me in here. This thread is for ISRAEL - take the debate to the Israel/Palestine thread.

AlekS

Veteran
And also, till now EBU has not come out and release a statement to denounce Israel like what they did to Russia/Belarus.
Wait a sec, did Israeli broadcaster threaten to destroy other EBU members? Did Israel bomb other EBU member's broadcaster? o_O Did it introduce anti-LGBT laws? Did it make LGBT content on TV illegal? Did it turn post-Eurovision show into annual political and homophobic farce? Did the Head of their broadcaster use ethnic slurs against their own participant? Did it insert homophobic propaganda before the artist announcement? Did its broadcaster's journalists try to physically harrass other ESC performer? Did it threaten to hang o_O pro-European supporters in their ESC song
zKnpn4q.gif
? Did it officially proclaim that content piracy is okay? Did their journalists shoot civilians from artillery spot in a civilian building and broadcast it live on the channel? Did it breach every possible EBU rule and principle?

Last edited:

ailane

This is also not the right thread for political discussions.
This is what I think too. It's a song contest, Wasn't this thread made, like the threads made for other countries that will participate or may participate in Eurovision 2024, to discuss songs, artists, and national finals?

crashworld

Veteran
Wait a sec, did Israeli broadcaster threaten to destroy other EBU members? Did Israel bomb other EBU member's broadcaster? o_O Did it introduce anti-LGBT laws? Did it make LGBT content on TV illegal? Did it turn post-Eurovision show into annual political and homophobic farce? Did the Head of their broadcaster use ethnic slurs against their own participant? Did it insert homophobic propaganda before the artist announcement? Did its broadcaster's journalists try to physically harrass other ESC performer? Did it threaten to hang o_O pro-European supporters in their ESC song
zKnpn4q.gif
? Did it officially proclaim that content piracy is okay? Did their journalists shoot civilians from artillery spot in a civilian building and broadcast it live on the channel? Did it breach every possible EBU rule and principle?

Hold up, I need to clarify my previous post, just so I don't get misunderstood.

I didn't say EBU SHOULD come out to denounce Israel due to what is happening right now and I am NOT suggesting EBU should.

To make it clearer, I meant to say despite what is happening right now in the political climate, EBU has not come out to denouce Israel, which is to show that EBU still sticks to its rules and will denounce a country's participation only if the broadcaster is in breach of the rules. That's why I said as long as the Israeli broadcaster doesn't go off tangent (like what the Russian's and Belarus's ones did), Israel's participation is safe.

And also to further clarify why I am suggesting Israel to sit out next year's contest. It's not because of what is happening right now politically but it's because I do not want to see another Eden Alene's incident repeating. The amount of unnecessary stress Eden had to bear during her participation when the political situation was not ideal that year was heartbreaking. I wouldn't want to see another Israeli act having to go through this kind of stress when some of the fans couldn't differentiate the country from the artist.

If people know me and my stand on ESC, I would very much want ESC to remain a non-political event, which means as long as all the countries' broadcasters/delegations/artists do not breach any EBU rules, regardless of whatever issues the country's government has politically, I would still want the country's delegation & artist to participate in ESC.

crashworld

Veteran
I know what you meant. My point was why would they even need to come up with such idea? There's literally 0 reasons for that, unlike in their case with Russia.

I wholeheartedly agree. But sometimes the public opinion can be so strong that some corporation(s) may sway their stand just to please the masses. I am not saying EBU should and will do that. But if it does happen, then we ought to call out EBU's double standards.

Top Bottom