6 3.6%

6 3.6%

6 3.6%

53 31.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Please keep discussion in this thread specific to Eden Golan and her song, Israel's (potential) participation in Eurovision 2024 and discussions or remarks from other countries and organisations about Israel's participation.

Any further discussion of a political or humanitarian nature not relating to specifically Israel in Eurovision 2024 needs to go into the politics sub-forum. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Smudy

Well, you can easily check with Socialblade if they are losing subscribers or not in the next days/weeks.

I bims

Veteran
Even within the fandom I'm seeing it. You just need to look at the comments below some of those channel's most recent videos.
I just looked and... that's like very few people and most of the have weird names and a bunch of numbers.
Dunno if I would sweat if @israeli386968 spammed some flag emojis in my comments. Doubt that they are a devoted subscriber.

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
Two words: Silent majority.

They are your everyday people who don't give a shit about the Middle-East conflict (that are happening thousands of miles away) and have other things in their lives to worry about.

Don't overlook the fact that these people (who likely make up bulk of the voting) will just vote for what they like.
And the most one can do at a public vote is to blank Israel.

But that's of course on the basis Israel qualifies to the GF.

As for the SF, sure the audience size is smaller and the ESC bubble could potentially influence the overall results but they have never been right for most times, not even during last year's 100% televoting format. So I wouldn't rule out Israel qualifying to the GF.

I can understand them. They would lose subscribers no matter how they rank the song, they would always make someone angry.
So give in to the angry mob? Or simply virtue-signaling? Maybe some of them truly think that boycotting Israel will help with the Gaza cause. I think it would have been much more helpful if they actually donate funds to organizations that help with the aid in Gaza.

I bims

Veteran
Two words: Silent majority.

They are your everyday people who don't give a shit about the Middle-East conflict (that are happening thousands of miles away) and have other things in their lives to worry about.

Don't overlook the fact that these people (who likely make up bulk of the voting) will just vote for what they like.
And the most one can do at a public vote is to blank Israel.

But that's of course on the basis Israel qualifies to the GF.

As for the SF, sure the audience size is smaller and the ESC bubble could potentially influence the overall results but they have never been right for most times, not even during last year's 100% televoting format. So I wouldn't rule out Israel qualifying to the GF.
I'm certain that Israel will qualify, like no doubt about it for me. The placement in the Grand Final is a bit more of a questionmark. Somewhere in the Top 10. Depends how the jury will treat it if it will make Top 5 or not.

han-g

I just looked and... that's like very few people and most of the have weird names and a bunch of numbers.
Dunno if I would sweat if @israeli386668 spammed some flag emojis in my comments. Doubt that they are a devoted subscriber.
Probably because the creators can delete comments. It was certainly multiple users last time I looked on Sunday, especially in esc giorgio's now deleted top 34.

I bims

Veteran
Probably because the creators can delete comments. It was certainly multiple users last time I looked on Sunday, especially in esc giorgio's now deleted top 34.
Well his socialblade numbers on Sunday show that he gained +100 subs, wouldn't they have been going down since then already?

pardoESC

I must say, I am not one of the lovers of the quiet songs in Eurovision, there are few that I like. My favorite song in this style, it's actually Victoria's song, "tears getting sober", and since then it's been my measure of quiet songs, I always put them after this song to test the measure, and maybe I'm biased because of the flag in my nickname. But this song, this performance, the vocals in it, is excellent, it's a new benchmark in my eyes, there are many layers in the song, not only in the singing itself there are emotions, you feel the emotions throughout the song in the melody, in the arrangement in everything that surrounds this song and that's where the performance comes in as well. And from what I've heard from her throughout the season of the reality show, it's about someone whose vocal peak we haven't heard yet, she reminds me a lot of Eden Alene, even at the end with the scream there at the end. It feels to me that the potential that she has with this song still has a chance that it has not yet been realized. And I'm dying to know how far her voice can develop

jatojo

Many good elements in there to make a strong ballad. But the melody ... it's a little weak. Considering a 5 here, but I'll say: 4. Could be a grower though.

njdevils94

Veteran
Many good elements in there to make a strong ballad. But the melody ... it's a little weak. Considering a 5 here, but I'll say: 4. Could be a grower though.
Can understand your point but I believe the melody was made to not be in your face intentionally. Just enough to make an impact reflecting the mood in Israel. The song's main purpose is remembering and paying tribute to the victims at Nova Festival and October 7th in general hence the imagery in the music video. Going too over the top with it wouldn't have made sense in that respect.

hpp0

In the form we ended up getting it, I think it's a decent ballad. I like some parts of the melody and her voice is rather nice to listen to. A :6: is fair imo.

In theory, it could stand out, since this year doesn't have many classic ballads and get a result similar to Estonia last year (or maybe better). But due to the whole situation, it's quite hard to tell were it will land on the scoreboard. I'm pretty sure it's qualifying though.

Franzilein

Kinda reminds me of Demi Lovato's song from the Eurovision movie, really like this. 8 points.

Loindici

Veteran
And I will always haunt you

b4bfdbf4e991defc9e4792ccaa1012f0c3f75dc2.gifv

gigi_copp3

I can't really understand if all the war situation will be a bonus or a malus to Israel's effective chances to win the whole thing.
Song is quite good, but I think an eventual Israel win will kill the contest, with most of their fandom in total meltdown, and a lot of countries who will retire (I think Iceland is the first one)

jatojo

I can understand them. They would lose subscribers no matter how they rank the song, they would always make someone angry.
Unsubscribing because a YouTuber has Israel as the 19th or 20th best song?

Unsubscribing because of that kind of semi-boycott seems more reasonable.

han-g

I can't really understand if all the war situation will be a bonus or a malus to Israel's effective chances to win the whole thing.
Song is quite good, but I think an eventual Israel win will kill the contest, with most of their fandom in total meltdown, and a lot of countries who will retire (I think Iceland is the first one)
I think it ruins its chances of winning, but boosts its chances of doing really well.

Top Bottom