6 3.6%

6 3.6%

6 3.6%

53 31.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Please keep discussion in this thread specific to Eden Golan and her song, Israel's (potential) participation in Eurovision 2024 and discussions or remarks from other countries and organisations about Israel's participation.

Any further discussion of a political or humanitarian nature not relating to specifically Israel in Eurovision 2024 needs to go into the politics sub-forum. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

I bims

Veteran
I just noticed Eden is wearing the same outfit on the song cover as in the video they recorded of her "authentic" reaction of her being able to go to Eurovision.

Gorl, what about you is actually authentic?

Edit: Changed wording 🙃

Last edited:

han-g

If the song is so amazing and jury friendly, do you see juries still voting for it in the final if she qualify ? Or will she get tanked only for political reasons ? I've also seen someone on a facebook group saying that Hurricane as a song is of the same caliber as Sound of Silence in 2016 (based on the leak). I don't know if the person was serious or not but i can't believe i've read that. If you're here can you explain us why please ? Thank you !
Depends on the country, some yes, some would give it points even if this wasn't the case. Others? This could be the biggest jury bait of all time and they would rank low.

0scar

I just noticed Eden is wearing the same outfit on the song cover as in the video they recorded of her "authentic" reaction of her being able to go to Eurovision.

Gorl, what about you is actually authentic. Not the song, the eyebrows, not the hair extensions, the nose job not even such small clips.

Is that girl even named Eden?

Weird unnecessary comment

Anyways
By all means I'm not really sure how to feel about Israels participation and I preferred for them not be included in this year's contest, but at least I don't think I'm helping anyone by getting Israel removed from an Eurovision scoreboard app

crashworld

Veteran

Gorl, what about you is actually authentic. Not the song, the eyebrows, not the hair extensions, the nose job not even such small clips.

Is that girl even named Eden?

What a petty comment. To make fun of someone's appearance is low.

Alesia Michelle wants to be removed from Eurovision Scoreboard:

LOL! Like who does she thinks she is? Phoney at best.

Last edited:

DirtyFalcon

I don't want to read the chat on youtube when the song will be played on the official youtube channel. They're always so insufferable and and toxic everytime a new song is released, or when there's a NF, so i can't even imagine what will happen in 30min with Israël. We might witness the most toxic chat ever, and the most toxic moment since the creation of the "eurofan" concept. I don't think this will be ever reproduced again.

However i have a question : What if Eden Golan qualify for the final, sings the actual lyrics for the semi-final and rehearsals and suddenly sings the old and political lyrics during the grand final without warning the EBU before ? I feel like this could happen. They were so determined to spread their message to the world and initially refused to change the lyrics.

Last edited:

Israeliboy

0scar

@DirtyFalcon
I don't think that will happen. Participation in Eurovision is important to Israel because, well, they want international representation as much as possible. Singing the original lyrics will put them at risk of being excluded of the contest for the foreseeable future and just participating in Eurovision is their main goal.

Mainshow

Veteran
For a song that's supposed to be some sort of emotional cathartic look into the Israeli soul, and basically a propaganda song, let's be real, it's surprisingly emotionless and bland.

Eh.

Fans and the EBU and the media are to blame.

They tried to please everyone.

If the song was too emotional, people would argue they want to get the pity vote.
If the song was up-tempo, people would say they want to whitewash their image and trying to shield away from what's happening by a dancefloor anthem.

They had to get rid off all "conflicting" metaphors and they ended up choosing images and metaphors which can be universal and we ended up facing a mediocre entry on so many levels.

Eden is selling the song, though. I love her voice.

What we can say: the "final product" (and let's face it, it's a product without artistry, soul or emotions) doesn't harm any rules and therefore, it's eligible to enter Eurovision and that was probably the goal.

I wish the situation was different. I wish the song was stronger but all in all, it's a decent effort but shouldn't be near the Top 5 in May.

empo21

Veteran
Well, it's quite generic. How will an emotional ballad by Israel come across with the audience, I don't know, but as a song in itself, I don't find it effective, even the final note. I am curious on how they'll stage it.

Etanna

It's an okay song, not bad but also not extraordinary. The orange sun in the video keeps reminding me of the malfunctioning stage in Italy :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom