6 3.6%

6 3.6%

6 3.6%

53 31.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Please keep discussion in this thread specific to Eden Golan and her song, Israel's (potential) participation in Eurovision 2024 and discussions or remarks from other countries and organisations about Israel's participation.

Any further discussion of a political or humanitarian nature not relating to specifically Israel in Eurovision 2024 needs to go into the politics sub-forum. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Loindici

Veteran

Realest

Official Video:

Loindici

Veteran
By the way, this sounds like... an American Idol/X Factor winner ballad, or like a Demi Lovato 2010s song. I'm not vibing that much with it.

Props to Crystal Ball ESC to wake up and sleep again just for this thing only.

I bims

Veteran
All this fuss for a Disney Channel breakup song 💀 This is as authentic and interesting as "Out of Sight" by Emma Muscat. Your average swedish ballad, nice to listen to but nothing special that you would root for to win the contest (don't lie).

It's no surprise KAN only wanted this song with political references, cause without them it's just so... average.

Heard Eden's voice for the first time and she's a good singer. But her voice would suit a dance track more, I don't buy a ballad from her, especially not with her pop girly styling.

mauve

Veteran
Uha. I love well-made ballads, but this is not it. Very disney-like and girly. Will be quite at the bottom of my list. :1: (I hate to give :0:).

Israeliboy

So much brainwashed hate here yay. But who cares? One day you will find out your hate worth nothing.
GO EDEN and GO ISRAEL. I like this song so much.

Loindici

Veteran
But her voice would suit a dance track more, I don't buy a ballad from her, especially not with her pop girly styling.
Exactly my thoughts. She already got that pop girl look, and she seems soulful enough for a vocal-focused dance track a la Sigga Ozk.

Mainshow

Veteran
The leaked version on Crystal Ball sounds either a bit unfished or quite dated to me.
Eden's voice sounds divine (she's clearly a great vocalist) and the song's melody is lovely but the arrangement sounds a bit cheap, imo - and I can totally see why other people draw these "Malta" or "Demi Lovato 2010" comparisions.
It sounds like an ordinary pop ballad without sounding fragile or overally dramatic - Usually, I prefer one of those ballads but this one feels a bit girly/cheesy - but Eden's voice make up for it.

I will wait for the official version/full song to be released but overall, I think it's an "average ballad" performed by a great vocalist and the bits in Hebrew are a nice addition but I wish the arrangement wasn't that poor/dated.

HarryUK

Veteran
You can tell how they've probably just replaced the words October Rain with Hurricane

Interchange it in your head and it's basically it

HarryUK

Veteran
The leaked version on Crystal Ball sounds either a bit unfished or quite dated to me.
Eden's voice sounds divine (she's clearly a great vocalist) and the song's melody is lovely but the arrangement sounds a bit cheap, imo - and I can totally see why other people draw these "Malta" or "Demi Lovato 2010" comparisions.
It sounds like an ordinary pop ballad without sounding fragile or overally dramatic - Usually, I prefer one of those ballads but this one feels a bit girly/cheesy - but Eden's voice make up for it.

I will wait for the official version/full song to be released but overall, I think it's an "average ballad" performed by a great vocalist and the bits in Hebrew are a nice addition but I wish the arrangement wasn't that poor/dated.
I actually think, unlike other years, we are missing 'outdated ballads' this year and this could stick out perhaps for the wrong reasons but we'll see how the voting goes

Mainshow

Veteran
I actually think, unlike other years, we are missing 'outdated ballads' this year and this could stick out perhaps for the wrong reasons but we'll see how the voting goes

I completely agree with you - and the "ballads" we have tick different boxes (:fr: , :rs: and maybe :sl: ? does :be: qualify as a ballad?) - If we just judge the genres/songs, I can totally see people (and especially juries) giving points to "Octo..Hurricane".

I expect this year's edition to be loud, spectacular, fun and energetic and that's why I wouldn't write the very few ballads off.
From what I've heard, I think that the Israeli entry is superior to the ballads we faced from :mt: 2017 or :ge: 2017 and they would have qualified with the juries. I still can't grasp that :mk: won the jury voting in 2019 - Eden's vocal gymnastics might not be as spectacular as Tamara's one and due to the on-going war, some jury members will definitely not vote for Israel that easily but on paper, that song would easily qualify and even sneak into the juries' Top 10 in the GF. Like @Loindici mentioned, it's very The Voice/X-Fator-esque and like you've mentioned, we haven't got any other "traditional ballad performed in English" juries could overrate :D

Rocket man

I think with North Macedonia in 2019, that was the perfect jury bait song. I knew it could do very well with the juries if they staged it perfectly and they actually did. "Proud" deserved that success imo, great message and Tamara did an amazing job. Also loved it when the UK jury gave 12 points to North Macedonia too.
Anyway so when I say perfect jury bait song, if you look at previous Eurovision winners from the start, a solo female singing a slow song with a fantastic vocal performance, juries love this. It's why I think Luxembourg and Ireland have so many Eurovision winners.

I'm looking forward to hearing Israel's song, Eden is going to face a lot of hostility but I'm sure she's a strong person and she will do Israel proud.

Top Bottom