6 3.6%

6 3.6%

6 3.6%

53 31.5%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Please keep discussion in this thread specific to Eden Golan and her song, Israel's (potential) participation in Eurovision 2024 and discussions or remarks from other countries and organisations about Israel's participation.

Any further discussion of a political or humanitarian nature not relating to specifically Israel in Eurovision 2024 needs to go into the politics sub-forum. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

PolarFoxxie.

Reading fans meltdown over one country participating is priceless. Like those people need to get a hobby. But it's so fun to watch and read comments. Lol, so pathetic and desperate. Even some eurovision YouTube reactors like give me a break. Are they even real.

Hu hu hu hurricane.
Btw I am pretty sure Sweden will never allow themselves any bad reputation and will do everything to organise this perfectly.

From me Israel will get maximal 12 points. I'm biased like everyone else. Sorry not sorry. I like title of the song, genre and Israel in Eurovision.

Loindici

Veteran
The way EBU were so long in taking the decision, feels like it was a multi-faceted one. I will be very cautious about this, as there may be two interpretations to this:
  1. EBU cannot really suspend KAN from the contest, no broadcasting-related rules were breached with this song and their participation.
  2. OTOH, EBU could possibly want to hold KAN/Israel accountable, which is by letting the public judge them openly and let the reactions pour in naturally.

I bims

Veteran
Reading fans meltdown over one country participating is priceless. Like those people need to get a hobby. But it's so fun to watch and read comments. Lol, so pathetic and desperate. Even some eurovision YouTube reactors like give me a break. Are they even real.

Hu hu hu hurricane.
Btw I am pretty sure Sweden will never allow themselves any bad reputation and will do everything to organise this perfectly.

From me Israel will get maximal 12 points. I'm biased like everyone else. Sorry not sorry. I like title of the song, genre and Israel in Eurovision.
What do you think is the reason people might be so hung up on Israel specifically now and haven't been before?

It's fun for you until Eden gets eggs thrown in her face mid song. I've seen people prepare for that and it's easy to hide eggs in your clothing.

PolarFoxxie.

I normally support Israel's participation but you can't deny that there major safety concerns.
Why? Than certain fans are problem or rooth of problem. This is Sweden, not Moldova. Sweden's reputation is at stake. They won't allow anything happen. And nothing should happen. We have many good songs. Leave israeli singer alone, she has nothing to do with this. Focus on songs you like. Don't ruin someone's moment just because you can't separate politics from Eurovision.

PolarFoxxie.

The way EBU were so long in taking the decision, feels like it was a multi-faceted one.
What are you talking about??? Ebu listed participants list (Israel among them) two months ago. They ordered them to change lyrics and they did and they deserve to be there like every other country participating this year.

Is Eurovision even broadcasting in Asia? Indonesia? Fascinating...

PolarFoxxie.

I believe they can watch through the live streams on YouTube like I can, now that the geoblocks for most countries were lifted since 2021
Yeah, but it is probably not as half entertaining and fun if you are not part of it. Like there are many Slavic languages, Romani and Germanic languages that someone from Indonesia wouldn't even understand what the song is about.

Loindici

Veteran
Yeah, but it is probably not as half entertaining and fun if you are not part of it. Like there are many Slavic languages, Romani and Germanic languages that someone from Indonesia wouldn't even understand what the song is about.
... you know I can just search for translations of the song or learn about their writers, the same method I do with K-Pop.

Or simply put, I'm part of the Rest of The World who watches from Youtube. Your attitude seems condescending.

PolarFoxxie.

Yeah I also like to watch rupaul
... you know I can just search for translations.
Don't worry. I also like to watch shows from other continents that are not part of my language or culture. Like rupauls drag race, USA comedies big bang theory... Wait no, bad example my English is fluent, understand every word, I am part of lgbt.

But it would be cool if you start reacting to Eurovision songs. We like to see what foreigners think about Eurovision. Like American reacts to Eurovision, Indonesian reacts to Eurovision, Chinese guy reacts to Eurovision... :)

Unless you are from Monaco. The flags are identical. In that case mea culpa. :)

Last edited:

Jupiter

Reading fans meltdown over one country participating is priceless. Like those people need to get a hobby.

A hobby like obsessing over Baby Lasagne and trying very hard to pretend "Rim Tim Tagi Dim" was awful and a clear rip-off that should be disqualified? Maybe show them your ways or something xthink

Loindici

Veteran
What are you talking about??? EBU listed participants list (Israel among them) two months ago. They ordered them to change lyrics and they did and they deserve to be there like every other country participating this year.
Hold up. Yes, Israel/KAN are in the participation list, they weren't publicly breaking EBU's rules, and they've attempted to change the song lyrics. That's clear for now.

This is more about EBU's aim/goal regarding KAN's participation. While the song has been approved and KAN can join Eurovision, I think EBU is also aware that several other broadcasters woudn't be happy (and one possibly reconsidering their participation), and the situation around Israel in Eurovision will always live in the news and social media until May.

Maybe EBU wanted to make sure KAN's participation could be less politically nuanced, hence the back-and-forth about the song choice. Nothing could be changed about some people's perception of the name and flag, though, especially later in May.

I might be overthinking it and I'm sorry if I were. Situations like this is usually more complex than what is seen.

Loindici

Veteran
But it would be cool if you start reacting to Eurovision songs. Like American reacts to Eurovision, Indonesian reacts to Eurovision, Chinese guy reacts to Eurovision... :)
As much as I wanted to, I barely have the time. The workload at my office has been quite taking my time :ROFLMAO:

Etanna

It doesn't even need anything crass like that to seriously impair the other artists eurovision experience tho. For starters, some twitter 'fans' have started tagging the participating artists (like Nemo, Kaleen, Slimane, Bambie - basically everyone with Twitter) to help protest. As if the artists could really do anything - they're just getting pestered with no way to do anything about it. I hate this :(

Edit: apparently Saba already said in a Podcast that she feels unsafe bcs of the whole situation. This won't make it better...
Yeah, I'm afraid that all the fellow contestants will be pestered nonstop to make statements about this. And if any of them talk to Eden/take a photo with her/ say something positive about her song, they will start getting terrible abuse as well. It's crazy how even Russia wasn't treated like this before 2022, the way people act on Twitter now is borderline insane.

Why? Than certain fans are problem or rooth of problem. This is Sweden, not Moldova. Sweden's reputation is at stake. They won't allow anything happen. And nothing should happen. We have many good songs. Leave israeli singer alone, she has nothing to do with this. Focus on songs you like. Don't ruin someone's moment just because you can't separate politics from Eurovision.
Didn't somebody invade Loreen's performance in Melfest last year? I'm not sure how much Sweden can do in a situation like this as much as they'd like to keep it under control and safe.

Lighthouse

Reading fans meltdown over one country participating is priceless. Like those people need to get a hobby. But it's so fun to watch and read comments. Lol, so pathetic and desperate.
This coming from a person who spent their last two months trashing Baby Lasagna, melting down over his win, and now going back to trashing him again... the jokes write themselves. You are a joke

PolarFoxxie.

Yeah, I'm afraid that all the fellow contestants will be pestered nonstop to make statements about this. And if any of them talk to Eden/take a photo with her/ say something positive about her song, they will start getting terrible abuse as well. It's crazy how even Russia wasn't treated like this before 2022, the way people act on Twitter now is borderline insane.

Didn't somebody invade Loreen's performance in Melfest last year? I'm not sure how much Sweden can do in a situation like this as much as they'd like to keep it under control and safe.
Well you can go make scandal there but then you will get caught, and finish in Swedish jail. Is that what you want? Loreen nobody expected anything bad to happen, I think someone just got in front of staging. I haven't seen anything wrong, I just saw she went to start over singing.

But this is different. Organisers are aware of fans without a hobby who's main purpose is not to enjoy Eurovision show, but just to ruin it for everyone.

PolarFoxxie.

A hobby like obsessing over Baby Lasagne and trying very hard to pretend "Rim Tim Tagi Dim" was awful and a clear rip-off that should be disqualified? Maybe show them your ways or something xthink
Lady lasagna admitted himself that he is big admirer of kaarija and Rammstein. It's not just me but every single euro fan in Europe knows it's a ripp of kaarijas song and many other songs. Like he basically admitted he used espectro song of DJ Vega and also he used party in my head of Swedish band pain or at least he was heavily inspired. He admitted he knows about the band. If you want to pretend rimdagidim is most original thing you heard. Fine. But delusional. You know very well I'm right and I only speak facts and truth.

njdevils94

Veteran
This was the decision I expected at the start of the week. I hope the EBU and Malmo do whatever is required to keep :il: Eden Golan safe from any lunatics make serious threats. As Mainshow already stated Malmo should never have been chosen to host in the first place if they couldn't guarantee safety for the various artists and delegations.

han-g

This was the decision I expected at the start of the week. I hope the EBU and Malmo do whatever is required to keep :il: Eden Golan safe from any lunatics make serious threats. As Mainshow already stated Malmo should never have been chosen to host in the first place if they couldn't guarantee safety for the various artists and delegations.
Malmö was chosen before the current situation so if it now poses a risk it wouldn't have been part of the original compositions

han-g

Well you can go make scandal there but then you will get caught, and finish in Swedish jail. Is that what you want? Loreen nobody expected anything bad to happen, I think someone just got in front of staging. I haven't seen anything wrong, I just saw she went to start over singing.

But this is different. Organisers are aware of fans without a hobby who's main purpose is not to enjoy Eurovision show, but just to ruin it for everyone.
I'm certain many people can think of a lot worse places to be than a Swedish jail, someone could easily consider that worth it and remember Scandinavia is quite lenient.

Top Bottom