6 3.9%

13 8.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Yazy

Power ballad chorus sounds fine individually.
Playful verses and dance break sound fine individually.

Now connect them together to create Icebreaker 2.0.
The main difference that Icebreaker´s transition felt jarring because of tempo change where as Unicorn´s transition feels jarring because of the mood swings.

Its gonna take hell of a time for me to get used to this one.

Datura

interesting that the phenomenal part is whats polarising the most. i personally like it and think it's underused in the song.
i do think this will be staged great though, i'm sure she will look fantastic and be dressed fantastic

I heared Rihanna in this, the one from early 00's.

I dislike the outro, a lot, and the intro is not captivating.

She's gorgeous and a competent performer.

However she performs in second half of semi 1 together with Loreen and ŠČechia's girls, and I'm not sure this would qualify (Alessandra is also in first half).

And then after this entry the Lord YouTube shuffled me forward to Kaarija's ŠČA ŠČA ŠČA and, well, the latter is a spaceship next to this. 🤣

Iker

Veteran
I expected something ... uhm ... stronger. But I'd say it is intriguing. For me that "phenomenal" part is my favourite in Unicorn.

All in all it sounds like a patchwork of different things.

I'd say the song sounds very modern, for better or worse. I have no idea how it will do in the contest besides the obvious fact to me that it's not a Eurovision winner. The singer can dance as seen in the music video so I expect some mindblowing choreography performed by Noa Kirel on stage.

Last edited:

akoz

Another song that builds and then goes to nowhere. And to save this they decided to use dance break in the end aka Chanel effect. I don't have problems with singing and dancing but when it's only a dance part which screams to me - Look dear viewer, I can not only sing, I also can dance, vote for me - at this moment I always cringe.

:7: from me because I somehow like a chorus here.

Another song that builds and then goes to nowhere. And to save this they decided to use dance break in the end aka Chanel effect. I don't have problems with singing and dancing but when it's only a dance part which screams to me - Look dear viewer, I can not only sing, I also can dance, vote for me - at this moment I always cringe.

:7: from me because I somehow like a chorus here.

You succeeded in finding the chorus? Bless you! Send a timestamp. 🤣

AlekS

Veteran
Kudos for working with Ukrainian video director and Maruv's dancers (as well as Melovin's) xcheers
Shoutout to certain Ukrophobe giving it 12 xcookie

As for the song. I'm disappointed, it's messy and the middle part is very blah. But it's less disappointing than Austria, and I live for the last 30 sec. So I'll give it :7:

aef

OMG I’M SO IN LOVE :12: :12: :12:

I didn’t expect much somehow because ::I’ll is one of my least favourite Eurovision countries somehow. But this is such a surprise! I love EVERYTHING about this. The beat, the song progression, the music video, her beauty, the final part, the ethnic elements.

I need to calm down now and I need to make my mind up until tomorrow where to put this in my ranking - it’s potentially my new #1!
Guys I’m sorry I’ve obviously been on drugs or something else before - but hey I really felt this at the first listening. Now it already lost its appeal for me at the second try, it’s more or less the usual :il: mess with the well known ethnic elements. Hahaha my biggest fail voting of the year. New voting: :6: points

Smudy

The dance break ending is pretty fire, other than that i'm not impressed.

The unicorn phrase being repeated multiple times is really weird.

tsegaye

This is really... K-poppy? A lot of songs mashed into one, and I don't know if I think it works but I like it either way. At least it has ambition which I like, and hopefully the staging brings it all together. The best part is the second verse imo, when that club beat kicked in I gagged and thought (and hoped) that that would be the rest of the song, but instead there were five more curveballs thrown at you. :8: for now, but I can really see this slapping with great staging in Liverpool!

I actually goes to genius.com to find a lyrics and to find out how a part which I like is called :LOL:

Checked genius.com and made a mental map. To summ it up:

1. When she's standing there like a unicorn - it's a chorus

2. When you call her a queen - it's a refrain

It's International Women's Day today. I feel so sad after these lyrics. Gonna play Blanca Paloma for consolation.

Buenas noches a todos.

marty

I give 3 points. I like the messy part at the end, but everything else is boring for me.

Yazy

Guys I’m sorry I’ve obviously been on drugs or something else before - but hey I really felt this at the first listening. Now it already lost its appeal for me at the second try, it’s more or less the usual :il: mess with the well known ethnic elements. Hahaha my biggest fail voting of the year. New voting: :6: points
That´s even a harder mood swing than how the song transitioned from bop to power ballad.

Iker

Veteran
Btw, it is clearly K-pop inspired. We have hardly had any such Eurovision entries, maybe Toy that won for Israel in 2018 was a little bit k-pop like as well.

Top Bottom