13 8.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
It seems that none of the two major media outlets in Israel wanted to be part of the Israeli participation next year.
What does it mean? - I think that KAN will stick to its mechanism of choosing an entrant/entry - We will probably get another X-Factor winner whose entry will be focused on the performance only.

I really question this process because I don´t think that Israel can continue finding such pearls such as Eden and Michael who are really charming and vocally strong to shield away from the fact that their songs aren´t really competitive, commercial or "unique".

crashworld

Veteran
^This could signal the end of using talent shows to search for the representative. Isn't X Factor Israel on Reshet? So if Reshet is not submitting a tender for ESC 2023, this would mean we won't get an X Factor Israel winner as the entrant.

Maybe they should try going internal selection again? I mean it has been 8 years. I don't mind they do a NF ala 2020/2021 where they do a NF on the song selection but internally select an artist.

I wonder if the delegation is scared that they will start their NQ streak if they go back internal selection since 2015 onwards they have been on a qualification streak when they did the selection via talent show. 2022 will be the year to watch and likely to be a make or break for the delegation.

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
Aaaaaaaaaand we've got our first representative for ESC 2023 ! The singer who has been chosen by KAN is Noa Kirel.

Never expected an announcement that early in the year tbh, had to double check if this was official lol but this seems to be the case

Last edited:

rasmuslights

Veteran
Aaaaaaaaaand we've got our first representative for ESC 2023 ! The singer who has been chosen by KAN is Noa Kirel.

Never expected an announcement that early in the year tbh, had to double check if this was official lol but this seems to be the case

she's very big so no wonder they decided so fast...

it's almost as if stromae agreed to esc in belgium. (i know she's not that famous but still)

A-lister

Veteran
Oh wow!? Noa Kirel agreed to do Eurovision? xcheer

I'll wait for the song though, it won't be the first time a country sends a local star but end up sending a weak entry (which I hope won't be the case), but it looks promising and especially announcing this early on seems as if they learned from previous years and will spend some proper time on the entry this time around!

rasmuslights

Veteran
Oh wow!? Noa Kirel agreed to do Eurovision? xcheer

I'll wait for the song though, it won't be the first time a country sends a local star but end up sending a weak entry (which I hope won't be the case), but it looks promising and especially announcing this early on seems as if they learned from previous years and will spend some proper time on the entry this time around!

i'm also kinda surprised she agreed to do it... but what's to lose, honestly...

and yeah they basically have 10 months to execute this to perfection, which shouldn't be hard with such a record label behind her.

israel took their nq very seriously it seems.

EscGeek

Veteran
Goosebumps went all over my body as soon as my brain registered what i had just read.

:eek:xbow

Her song "Please don't suck" is her claim to fame for me. xmusic

ESC94

The songs are ok, but not something I´d listen to in my spare time. Maybe her entry can convince me a bit more. :)

rasmuslights

Veteran
The songs are ok, but not something I´d listen to in my spare time. Maybe her entry can convince me a bit more. :)

i mean yeah she isn't redefining music but sometimes that works...

her song will for sure be catchy, radio-friendly and modern + she is an amazing performer.

Mainshow

Veteran
I was 100% sure that this was some fake news. Announcing an entrant for Eurovision in July?! And then it´s Noa Kirel? - One of the biggest Israeli acts? - Seriously, Israel have set the bar very high!

CPV4931

That came unexpected... a promising start into the new season, having high hopes here

Top Bottom