10 3.2%

9 2.9%

9 2.9%

6 1.9%

10 3.2%

61 19.5%

• Total voters

wtf

I should have not listened to the demo version and then read the interview with the HoD because it totally lowered the wow effect for me. I always expected Netta to have written Toy herself, I even called her a true and different kind of artist, mixing different sounds and effects. The production sounded so her, but now we know that basically the only things she added were a few random looper effects and chicken sounds. This song is not her personal creation at all, and therefore lost most of its spark.

I know they won and all, but I still find it really disappointing that they didn't let Netta sing her own song. She won the TV show for her artistic element, but they still forced her to sing a song written by someone else? I think it is pathetic. What makes it even worse it that now it looks like they purposely wanted to have the #MeToo message in the song. Basically using Netta's "different" look and mixing it with a popular social message was their plan all along.

I'm happy for Netta, and absolutely support the idea of bigger women winning contests, but her comment about Fuego beating her because of standard purposes was very unnecessary. Everybody I know preferred Fuego to Toy because of the song and staging, not their different body types. We are living in 2018, it's not like a skinny body is still some crazy ideal that people go for.

kayak

I am not a big fan of this song. Yes, its true, this song is very popular but all the mess around this song kills the eurovision spirit ... I would be more satisfied, if cyprus, estonia or any other country won. The winner song shouldnt split countries ... I love eurovision song contest, but this years winner destroyed my passion .. i feel like i wasted time to expect that really good song wins (with good vocals ,catchy, smart lyrics, no political use)

Sammy

Veteran
When I read this article I realized that this is the guy who grabbed Cesár so rudely by this chin when Cesár wanted to congratulate Netta. Doesn't really raise a lot of sympathy for him nor let the incident with Cesár now look as harmless as it was suggested.

lolita

I should have not listened to the demo version and then read the interview with the HoD because it totally lowered the wow effect for me. I always expected Netta to have written Toy herself, I even called her a true and different kind of artist, mixing different sounds and effects. The production sounded so her, but now we know that basically the only things she added were a few random looper effects and chicken sounds. This song is not her personal creation at all, and therefore lost most of its spark.

I know they won and all, but I still find it really disappointing that they didn't let Netta sing her own song. She won the TV show for her artistic element, but they still forced her to sing a song written by someone else? I think it is pathetic. What makes it even worse it that now it looks like they purposely wanted to have the #MeToo message in the song. Basically using Netta's "different" look and mixing it with a popular social message was their plan all along.

I'm happy for Netta, and absolutely support the idea of bigger women winning contests, but her comment about Fuego beating her because of standard purposes was very unnecessary. Everybody I know preferred Fuego to Toy because of the song and staging, not their different body types. We are living in 2018, it's not like a skinny body is still some crazy ideal that people go for.

And what I was telling from the beginning?! All songs with so called "clever messages" are pretentious like hell, and that is exactly why I don't give them a credit and appreciate them. I knew it, just simply. :rolleyes: And MeToo movement is so fake, and you are hearing it from a girl. I even agree with Brigitte Bardot when it comes to that:" “lots of actresses try to play the tease with producers to get a role. And then, so we will talk about them, they say they were harassed . . ." We always knew actresses get roles using bed as weapon on purpose and voluntary, nothing new. They should came out with the truth when/if the thing happened, and not 30 years after that, when they are not even famous now. Some harassment maybe happened for real, but half of them are overhyped, to get attention just. Don't hate me because of that, it is simple impression I made because of whole thing, I won't change my mind, because I am sure what I am talking about.

anto475

He's a pig of a man. He kept asking the presenters of the winner's press conference to stand behind him so that he could be seen. Arrogant thug.

Chorizo

When I read this article I realized that this is the guy who grabbed Cesár so rudely by this chin when Cesár wanted to congratulate Netta. Doesn't really raise a lot of sympathy for him nor let the incident with Cesár now look as harmless as it was suggested.

Netta didn't like the song either? So I'm not the only one. :D

tuorem

I do wonder what kind of song she originally wanted to take part with. xthink

I don't think I'll ever genuinely like "Toy", some elements of it are okay, and others don't work for me. However, given the songs that reached the top 5, it was definitely the right winner imo.

musicfan

I am not a big fan of this song. Yes, its true, this song is very popular but all the mess around this song kills the eurovision spirit ... I would be more satisfied, if cyprus, estonia or any other country won. The winner song shouldnt split countries ... I love eurovision song contest, but this years winner destroyed my passion .. i feel like i wasted time to expect that really good song wins (with good vocals ,catchy, smart lyrics, no political use)

I don't think there's an absolute classic Eurovision song that's won in this new century. Some are worse than others, but none are much more than average to me.

One problem with message songs is a kind of blackmail, like you aren't allowed to really hate it because its supposed to have a nice message. Songs that jump on board with some political/social message that is apparently topical (like Israel, France. Italy) may try and make out that they are more important than other songs. But it can feel exploitative of current news. You can get more low key songs which have some kind of message (like Slovenia or San Marino about being an individual) but they will just be ignored as they aren't thought topical enough to hype. Hype always feels problematic, like people jump on board with it as they want to be with the crowd. And in Eurovision that means supporting the winner before it wins.

Alaska49

you are definitely allowed to hate anything you want or we wouldn't have chorizo being a faithful reenactment of this gif

6K3WosF.gif

Chorizo

you are definitely allowed to hate anything you want or we wouldn't have chorizo being a faithful reenactment of this gif

6K3WosF.gif

Someone really gets angry when his favorite trash doesn't get the love he thinks it deserves. :lol:

Alaska49

i don't get angry when other people have different opinion because I AM NOT YOU

saying you look like an escaped mental patient since she won is just an observation, you can go off forever for all i care

Chorizo

i don't get angry when other people have different opinion because I AM NOT YOU

saying you look like an escaped mental patient since she won is just an observation, you can go off forever for all i care

Why do you never quote me when you reply to me? Are you hoping I will overlook the nonsense you keep posting so your trolling can stand unopposed? The difference between us is that I want Eurovision to be a proper song contest while you want it to be a crazy circus. We have already established that. There isn't really anything else to it.

jbusic

People still moaning about the winner one month later.

Meanwhile, I'm just dancing with my dolls on the mothabucka beat!!!!!

Bsimmons

Meanwhile, I'm just dancing with my dolls on the mothabucka beat!!!!!

Its so fantastic that the best European song has an amazing lyrics like "mothabucka", "pikachu" etc. etc.

I`m in awe and proud of so many people who voted for that lyrical masterpiece that touched their high intellectual level.

mauve

Veteran
Its so fantastic that the best European song has an amazing lyrics like "mothabucka", "pikachu" etc. etc.

I`m in awe and proud of so many people who voted for that lyrical masterpiece that touched their high intellectual level.

xrofl3xroflxrofl3 Thanx for making me laugh!

Bsimmons

:eek: OMG! How could he! xrofl3

1st "etc" is for "Barbie", 2nd is for "teddy bear" in my original post. ;)

... or to be honest my brain refuses to take in all these complicated thoughts and words this song has, so few weeks later I can barely remember anything other than the emotion I got hearing/watching this historic performance. I could go and rewatch it from YT or sth, but there are probably easier ways to torture myself (for example: X-OI).

Realest

1 Month has passed and Ive never listened to this song again since then...For me such a horrible Winner.
Why just coudnt Benjamin or Eleni win? :(

Top Bottom