9 4.6%

10 5.1%

43 21.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Marcos C

There are 33 countries who think they are famous for potatoes, my awful country is one of them too.
Well, as a lifelong resident of the United States, I can say that Ireland is the only European country that I associate with potatoes.

EDIT: Sure, there are what the Brits call chips, but I meant fresh potatoes.

ESC94

Today it was :ie: turn at the ESC kompakt songchecks.

The verdict of the bloggers:

Benny - What a cool number. I think it´s great that Ireland is daring this year, no matter how it ends. What impresses me most is that Bambie doesn't live up to our expectations and after the shouted pre-chorus comes this chilled out chorus. Lord of the Lost meets Mimicat or something like that. :8:

Berenike - Live "Doomsday Blue" didn´t convince me, unlike in the studio version. I find the contrasts in the song fascinating. These constant changes between destructive dystopian darkness and beautiful nice world with sugar coating are exciting to listen to. Hopefully Ireland manages to get a good staging in Malmö. :7:

Douze Points - How big must the desperation in Ireland be to send this song of all things to the ESC?? Yes, it´s noticeable - but for me in the most uncomfortable way. Otherwise there´s nothing for me. Maybe there are a few more visual ideas that could excite me. Then there are :2:.

Flo - There were still a lot of things to do in the NF performance, but it has potential to gain quality until the semi final in Malmö. The song is distinct enough and offers due to the different tonalities enough of a variety. With a connectable performance the final is finally possible for Ireland again. :6:

Manu - The question may arise if certain countries can only score points again with loud and eye-catching inputs. Bambie Thug may be an interesting person, but "Doomsday Blue" leaves me conflicted. The quieter parts sound good, bur were badly sung in the national selection. The "I,I,I..." parts are irritating me, but worked live. The energetic finish is great, but overall I can only give it :5:.

Max - At some point Ireland thought: “If we can't succeed with ballads anymore, we'll try something weird now and then!” And “Doomsday Blue” definitely stands out, even in a year in which there are quite a few special contributions. The bizarre mix of styles that Bambie Thug conjured up helps, as does the aesthetics, which many fans are sure to like. I'm excited to see how the audience reacts, for me Ireland is in the good midfield.:6:

Peter - In the first two weeks after the decision in the Late Late for Bambie, I could hardly do anything with the fascinating “Doomsday Blue”. I'm now excited about this irony pop avant-garde and gothic performance rap mix. I have no idea if this will succeed . The instant appeal is little, but if the staging is as provocatively artistic as the video and just as cleverly integrates pop art scene quotes, then it could work. :8:

Rick - This song is either loved or hated – and THAT is exactly what people from Ireland wanted for years. Finally an Irish contribution that is talked about and is truly different and distinctive. I really like Bambie because I think the crazy, mysterious quality is cool and I'm really entertained by the different styles of the song. There is also huge potential for a groundbreaking staging. I really hope that Ireland will make it to the final for this brave contribution! :10:

han-g

This will ether flop extremely hard or finish top 5 in the semi and get a nice televote score in the final. Nothing inbetween, no borderline Q or whatever. The only thing borderline about this entry is that girl herself probably. Would still date her tho.
You are forgetting Irish diaspora plus fandom.I do believe that with a bit of luck this can borderline if it flops with casuals- like Serbia 2023

ViVillRejv

It has grown on me to become an 8, but it took many listens for that to happen... I want Ireland to qualify to the GF out of principle for sending something as risky and left-field as this (similar to Portugal with Telemoveis in 2019 imo) but the song and its screeching is divisive...

Grinch

:ie: is in my top10 but I don't see it qualifying. People probably will see it as a bad joke.

SarahM

:ie: is in my top10 but I don't see it qualifying. People probably will see it as a bad joke.
I think staging could help or hinder it. Bad, cheap staging could make it come across as a joke. I do have confidence this year as Bambie's team seem to have creative control

0scar

Isn't the song itself a complete disaster?
Don't get me wrong, I really like that it's something different and daring for a chance, it is just really not my cup of tea and I can easily see this NQing

SpiritofKeiino

Anyone who think's this wont qualify are not living in the real world :ROFLMAO:

Only a complete disaster of a performance would put this at risk of NQing.
Yep

I think SF1 is easier to qualify from than SF2. Azerbaijan and Iceland feel to me like almost certain NQs. I also think Cyprus and Poland are in danger in the first half. And in the second half, I think Australia and Luxembourg are at risk (I'm not writing off Moldova yet). I'm not convinced about Portugal either.

Ireland stands out enough to qualify. I think all of the countries above have lower Q chance than Ireland.

Top Bottom