escYOUnited

Administrator
Iceland-scaled.jpg

Mrm

Veteran
I'm sorry but this was a beet scary to me on the stage.. :(

Mrm

Veteran
On the other hand this Dadi lifted the song for me after the performance SOOO MUCH!
This outfit, choregraphy! MY GOD do I love this??? xheart

The ROOP, look how it should be done.. :p

But in Iceland, big faves always win, and I see OGAE clubs and fans wanking already on "Oculis videre"..meeeeeh.. :(

However my ranking is:

1. Daði & Gagnamagnið
2. DIMMA
3. Nina
4. Iva
5. Isold & Helga

tuorem

Oculis Videre is such a great song. Iva has to calm down though, I could sense nervousness in her voice. I'm not really wowed by the staging, especially when it turns red. The beginning is fine, I like that she looks like the statue of a saint and it's good that the backing vocalists are involved. Polish the performance and keep the entry in Icelandic in the final please! I demand a more elaborate atmospheric staging in Rotterdam, Netflix better come through with the cointz.

Dadi was good too, this is basically a sequel of his 2017 effort on every level, except I'm not as invested in this new song as I was with "Is This Love?". Why did Svala have to win? :(

Hildur Vala was really good live. I liked the backdrops and all, but her moves were just too distracting. And I never expected her to make it sadly.

Mrm

Veteran

Gooosh vocals and moves, this is brilliant, this would be my HUGE fave... xcry

Halldor

Now that all songs have performed I feel that Daði, Dimma and Iva are fighting for the trophy

Although I did feel Iva's staging was a bit of a let down, all of the panned shots were unnecessary and the build up to the end was kind of anticlimactic, just a simple movement or pose would've done it for me personally, note that I'm only saying this because the song and Iva's voice can give us another top 10 result, but I feel it needs to be altered for it to do so, my biggest fear is that her nerves could get the best of her if she wins, which would be a shame.

Daði & Gagnamagnið had a great staging and kept similar energy to what they brought in 2017, the simple dance moves and the updated outfits are great, the saxophones were a nice touch, and all of those quick shots in the build up were great, they have a shot of winning, and if they do, they might give us a good result in Rotterdam, my biggest fear is that since The Roop has won in Lithuania, they might be losing some votes should both go to the final

Dimma is a dark horse IMO, they're extremely popular as it is, and that performance increases their chances, I feel that when they are on a bigger stage they'll do much better, as the stage was pretty small for an act like this, but nevertheless, they used the arena they had to perfection, and flawless vocals from the singer may I add. My biggest fear is that although they were flawless, the genre they bring could be a negative, see AWS and Minus One, both in the final, but didn't do as well as people might've thought

All in all, I'd be happy with any of these going to Rotterdam

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I can't decide whether I enjoy Dadi's performance or must put a stop to it. He's even wearing my favourite colour and has long hair. I think I'm just super on edge tonight after Lithuania. I'll get back to you. At the moment I just want to set fire to anything that's a novelty and slightly troll-esque.

tuorem

I can't decide whether I enjoy Dadi's performance or must put a stop to it. He's even wearing my favourite colour and has long hair. I think I'm just super on edge tonight after Lithuania. I'll get back to you. At the moment I just want to set fire to anything that's a novelty and slightly troll-esque.

I feel that you're on fire :unsure:

Mrm

Veteran
I went other way, I forgot The ROOP and it worked.. :)

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Just go the same way you did in 2016.

This is effectively a more uptempo version of "Is this love".

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Just go the same way you did in 2016.

This is effectively a more uptempo version of "Is this love".

I barely remember that song. I've no idea if I supported it or not. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have hated on it at least. I do like Dadi's voice (nice and deep) and his music is kind of funky. This is the new prison for artists forcing their "oh so funny" quirkiness in your face Rainy though that the world is experiencing this year. The song is probabably good enough to get on board with I guess.

Iva's performance was beautiful. Still really liking her song, and the Dimma boys as well. This is a nice little final all in all, although Sisters 2.0 are a hard NO.

Top Bottom