11 6.9%

17 10.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Well, if they´re fans of constant yelling for three minutes withouth any nuances then you´re right.
People genuinely think France wins, and it's 100% the vocal. (It is Not the song, which doesn't stand a single bit of scrutiny.) Why not extend the same logic to Germany as well.

GermanBango

Yeah in your opinion, I think differently. xshrug
Which is fair enough and definitely a big part of having a discussion.
Still I think @BorisBubbles got a point here. There are so so many bland radio friendly songs this year and some of them are considered winning material by the fandom for whatever reason. I’m not buying into this “ohhhhh everyone just hates Germany”-narrative but at least the fandom tends to be a bit overly harsh towards our entries in some regards. That probably stems from frustration towards NDR which I completely understand.

ESC94

Still I think @BorisBubbles got a point here. There are so so many bland radio friendly songs this year and some of them are considered winning material by the fandom for whatever reason. I’m not buying into this “ohhhhh everyone just hates Germany”-narrative but at least the fandom tends to be a bit overly harsh towards our entries in some regards. That probably stems from frustration towards NDR which I completely understand.

You don´t believe this narrative but you think people are too mean to Germany?? Ehm yeah, makes a lot of sense - NOT!!xfacepalm

GermanBango

You don´t believe this narrative but you think people are too mean to Germany?? Ehm yeah, makes a lot of sense - NOT!!xfacepalm
That’s not what I said. The audience and the juries will have their say next Saturday. Whatever happens is fair and deserved. Easy as that.

However in the fandom itself coming from certain countries can be an adversity. Not because they hate the countries per se but much rather because they are frustrated with the broadcaster or the previous choices. In some sense I guess you reap what you sow.
You could also turn this around and say that some countries have a better standing in the fandom and to some extent get praised no matter what they are sending.

ESC94

That’s not what I said. The audience and the juries will have their say next Saturday. Whatever happens is fair and deserved. Easy as that.

However in the fandom itself coming from certain countries can be an adversity. Not because they hate the countries per se but much rather because they are frustrated with the broadcaster or the previous choices. In some sense I guess you reap what you sow.
You could also turn this around and say that some countries have a better standing in the fandom and to some extent get praised no matter what they are sending.

I think you´re overestimating the influence of the bubble. People outside really give a **** about the responsible broadcasters and only judge the songs and in this department :de: simply sucked big time.

GermanBango

I think you´re overestimating the influence of the bubble. People outside really give a **** about the responsible broadcasters and only judge the songs and in this department :de: simply sucked big time.
That’s why I was specifically talking about the fandom and nothing else. Usually though they are the ones who create a hype.

BorisBubbles

Veteran

Germany placed fifth in the Eurojury. It's not inconceivable they get a good chunk of jury points.

Televote-wise, yeah, i don't think he'll receive much anyway, but that's what you get from being a few years BEHIND the musical curve. Console yourself with the thought that Ryk could have genuinely scored zero in both votes if he had won the nf and NOT improved in Malmö.

Jupiter

People genuinely think France wins, and it's 100% the vocal. (It is Not the song, which doesn't stand a single bit of scrutiny.) Why not extend the same logic to Germany as well.
I agree "Mon Amour" is basically nothing as a song, but IMO the big difference between that and AOTR is less competition in it's niche. If someone wants that heart-wrenching male ballad, there is pretty much only Slimane. Our entry, being mid-tempo radio pop, is less of a 'stand out' in that regard.
Additionally, for now I don't think we have a wow moment like Slimane stepping away from the mic & belting acapella. That kind of stuff goes a long way.

That said, I don't personally think France is winning. And Isaak will likely get some jury points (tho I wouldn't Bank too much on the Euro jury).

HectorDM

www.zdf.de/nachrichten/panorama/isaak-esc-deutschland-eurovision-song-contest-israel-russland-100.html#xtor=CS5-281

Isaak's recent interview with German news outlets sheds light on a refreshing perspective. His stance advocating for Israel's participation and calling for Russia's return adds a layer of diplomacy and inclusivity to the conversation.
It's a savvy move that could potentially earn Germany some goodwill points within the Eurovision community, demonstrating their commitment to the spirit of the competition.

Last edited:

GermanBango

Not recognizing the superior quality of „Voilà“ is THE definition of bad taste - so welcome to the club :mrgreen:
Oh no worries, I have been in this club for years already according to most fans since I hate 95% of the entries that come out of Italy. That’s a cardinal sin in this fandom. :ROFLMAO:

Lumina

www.zdf.de/nachrichten/panorama/isaak-esc-deutschland-eurovision-song-contest-israel-russland-100.html#xtor=CS5-281

Isaak's recent interview with German news outlets sheds light on a refreshing perspective. In emphasizing the shared pursuit of "music over political divides", he underscores the essence of Eurovision as a celebration of cultural unity through song.
His stance advocating for Israel's participation and calling for Russia's return adds a layer of diplomacy and inclusivity to the conversation.
It's a savvy move that could potentially earn Germany some goodwill points within the Eurovision community, demonstrating their commitment to the spirit of the competition.

From what I understand (I live in Germany and speak/understand some German) and with the help of Google translate, he does not call for Russia‘s return.

He was told why Russia was banned from the contest and Israel wasn’t and he said he does understand the reasons though he doesn’t like it (excluding Russian artists) because the idea is "united by music“ and people are held responsible for their government‘s actions.

Obviously he was asked to boycott the contest because of Israel‘s participation but he refused because (what is stated above) we should all unite through music.

He wants the contest to go on as long as possible and he isn’t concerned about a last place again because it won’t change anything for his future. He said “After black comes white“ and someday, Germany will be winning the contest again.

Please correct me if I‘m wrong. Maybe some Germans can help translate.

Last edited:

GermanBango

Interestingly Germany jumped to #14 in the jury voting odds overnight. Still #1 for the last place though. :LOL:

gigi_copp3

I can see juries giving it some points. It's not Blas Cantò level of blandness, vocals are on point.
The only reason I see for juries not giving points to it, it's "hmm, NDR's gonna quit, there's no need to vote them since next year a new broadcaster's gonna step in"

Top Bottom