10 4.5%

12 5.4%

6 2.7%

19 8.5%

• Total voters

Chorizo

Romeo

Re: GERMANY 2018

terrible news today.... The legend herself... Joy Fleming has sadly passed away.

I am in shock.. so upset. I love Joy

tuorem

You've probably hit the nail on the head about how Herres's opinion on the contest may be translated musically (that is, sequels of "Perfect Life" to come), still - even if he doesn't want Germany to win soon - I don't get why Germans should necessarily make no effort whatsoever.

It's exactly like my country a few years ago: their excuse not to change their approach was that our former broadcaster supposedly didn't want to win (they still believed they would win in 2009 and 2011 though :lol:).

I mean, there is only one winner per year and having a good song doesn't automatically put you ahead of the competitors. Besides - although virtually anyone can win - Germany isn't part of the nations that get good results with anything. With that being said, sending a good song never hurt anybody, I'm sure Germans would be happy with a top 10 like everyone else. ARD should realise it's not that simple to win, if they haven't yet.

And honestly, in what kind of world one would be "afraid" of winning after doing so badly three years in a row? :? That's absurd.

Realest

So it seems like :de: is the only Country who doesnt know anything about next year..

And another Month has passed.....
I wonder if I can finally cheer for my own Country for a change next year.

Lenny1993

I've summed up my thoughts on my blog (in Germany). Basically: We've tried everything possible the last few years. We need a completely new direction and we need to risk something in order for us to get better. We need to stop and send lukewarm acts with bad to average songs that are radio-friendly and need to put songs in the national final that are different and have that special something. I'm not sure if our broadcaster is capable of these kind of songs tbh.

https://listen-to-lenny.blogspot.de...g-stirbt-und-die-aussichtslosigkeit-ruft.html

Realest

GermanBango

giphy.gif

Realest

Our Queen released a new Video:

I wished she could be our representer and the NDR spared us from another horrible NF.

Realest

+++Breaking News++++

http://www.eurovision.de/news/Voren...t-Bewerbungsfrist-laeuft,deutschland1068.html

To summarize:

-The deadline to apply is the 6th Novembre.
- The (german) Televoting, an international Jury with 20-25 Professionals and a 100-headed Europe-Panel will decide about the German Entry.
- From all candidates the Europe-Panel will decide which 20 Candidates come in the closer preselection.
- Then those 20 candidates will work hard in the studio so it will be shown who of them has the most talent considering voice, singing-skills, stagepresence etc..
- After this, the Panel and the int. Jury will decide which 5 make it in the national Final.
- Meanwhile the NDR is contacting Composer and Producer who produces to every one of these 5 a tailor-made song.

Realest

At Least we have no 100% Televoting anymore.

Sammy

Veteran

I think the idea with the european panel and the jury is a good idea. But whatever the procedure, the most important thing is to have the right song.

GlamSIMorous

I mean the voting procedure is good, yeah, but once again they are going with unprofessional candidates and go with "only" 5 songs in the national final. I wished we had to choose from 10 songs or so. And not meaning a second round.

I hope they ditch judges that give comments. What really bugs me is that Germany selects its entry due to personality reasons. If someone is super kind or an outsider they go for that person not even taking the song into consideration. I hope we will get quality songs that will NOT be played by a live band so we get to see the full potential of a song immediately. So many things can still go wrong. FINGERS ARE CROSSED :lol:

Realest

The Problem is, that the focus seems to lie on the artists and not on the songs. The best solution would be that the int. Jury and the Panel decide about Songs and Singers, so we might have a NF with 5 High-Quality acts. Then we could even use the 100% Televoting because the Audience cant do anything wrong in this case. Here in Germany, ESC-Fans think they are always right with their opinions and that there singer were among the best and that the bad places are Fr. Merkels fault. So they would never accept to be overvoted by the Juries. Even in 2013 some experts think that it was the Juries fault that LBB lost, even if this is not true. So in the End there might be a huge Drama, but lets see.

Realest

Lenny1993

I said I knew all of them and the server crashed! xrofl

I said I knew all of them and it worked perfectly fine :rolleyes:

Top Bottom