14 6.3%

10 4.5%

12 5.4%

6 2.7%

19 8.5%

• Total voters

Realest

Re: GERMANY 2018

I made a video about Germany in Eurovision from 2013 to 2017 and at the end I also added five suggestions for 2018! All of them would be great in my opinion. What do you think?
https://youtu.be/pPm4aFSsBOo

For me Jamie was the worst from the last 5 years. Cant understand how you put her on 1st Place.

Concerning the Suggestions:

Im not sure if Alice is a one hit wonder or if she is more than that. But she seems talented, I rather think the last one.
Adel Tawil wont work outside Germany i think.
Madeline is the same like the last participants. A normal young girl with some solid popsongs. Again somebody who would be about 15-20th in everyones list.
Valentina Mer... I dont know her and see nothing outstanding.
Wincent Weiss problably the same like Adel.

If we sent someone with a german song it should be real german Schlager. If not Helene Fischer, then maybe Beatrice Egli.

But in the end it will be someone unknown as usual.

ChrisOL

All songs that were already released before September are out of the race anyway - And I also think we would flop pretty hard with someone like Adel Tawil or just a song of this "kind" of German music. Alice Merton actually could be a good choice with a GOOD song - with a song similar to those of the last years, she would fail aswell...

By the way, Ela from Elaiza (Germany 2014) is featuring in a new Culcha Candela song, in my opinion it sounds more or less different compared to German clichee pop...

RomanFromRussia

I think Germany can be a dark horse with an inner product like Wincent Weiss or Revolverheld. The only trouble of Germany in the years 2013-2017, its entries were not that much outstanding as Europe needs. Elaiza was just forgotten due to being out of competition, Cascada's song was just a dance song of one million copies of it and even Nathalie's charisma could not save it, Ann Sophie, Jamie and Levina have been lost in the race due too hard competition.

Germany has nothing to lose, I am waiting for an experiment entries.

jaan

I'm quite sure that we have winning chances with this girl:

But of course she will never appear in one of Brainpools horrible national finals. Sad.

missbones

I can't believe you just saw Portugal winning with a song like Amar pelos dois yet you guys still say that 'locals' like Adel or Wincent wouldn't work outside Germany. Please, think outside the box! You have so many great artists... I've been loving this guy latelyxheart

also this: you only have to read the comments...

Realest

So it seems like :de: is the only Country who doesnt know anything about next year..

ChrisOL

I guess they are working on it, we just don't have any information yet.

Realest

Yes, but other Countries have already Dates, Concepts and inserted Songs etc.. and we have nothing.

JamieBrown

We have half a year to the submission deadline left.

ChrisOL

I don't even want to know everything by now. And I think that we never got any information in the first week of September...

They have a date, a concept and so on - WE just don't know yet.. If not, there is so much time left.

Chorizo

Yes, but other Countries have already Dates, Concepts and inserted Songs etc.. and we have nothing.

Nothing is still better than what they had the last few years. xshrug

The problem is they will think very hard how to improve but then fail spectacularly again.

Realest

Ive listened to a few songs from her and i find them nice, but they sound a bit swedish and Im rather for the deswedisation of the ESC, so Im not sure.

Paddy

I really hope that we send something in German next year. Its really time to change something after the last results. Why not try it with an authentic song in national language instead of some completely forgettable songs in english?

HSV1887

I really hope that we send something in German next year. Its really time to change something after the last results. Why not try it with an authentic song in national language instead of some completely forgettable songs in english?

Agreed, but unfortunately, most Germans have such a deep-seated dislike for their own culture and country that they wouldn't vote for a German song on principle.

tuorem

Agreed, but unfortunately, most Germans have such a deep-seated dislike for their own culture and country that they wouldn't vote for a German song on principle.

Unless all the songs on offer are in German ;) (one can dream ikr)

Your songs would already have much more character thanks to language musicality.

Top Bottom