7 3.5%

9 4.5%

8 4.0%

4 2.0%

24 11.9%

• Total voters

mauve

Veteran
A few days ago I couldn't get rid of a melody in my head. I almost got crazy because I couldn't determine where that tune came from and what it actually was. Then suddenly it dawned on me. It was "Monsters". I didn't pay much attention to that song before, during or after the ESC, so I still wonder where I got this virus from in my head. Saara Aalto hacked me! Damn! xstars

xshock OMG. Same happened to me about three days ago, just with the difference that I knew instantly which song it was. "Monsters" was in my head and I didn't know why. Never liked the song, but it just stuck there the whole day. Myaybe a "monstrous" virus? :lol: Luckily, I was healed after a day without having to take any pills!xrofl2 Hope you are doing fine! :mrgreen:

Mainshow

Veteran
8 pts. Saara was great and the song was catchy and well-produced as well.. I still believe that Finland got sabotaged by the EBU. It's funny that they said that they gave up on coming up with random draws because they would like to have a more balanced draw, thus giving all entries a chance to shine.. but seriously... it was such a horrible mistake to let Australia and Finland participate next to each other given the fact that both songs are "radio-friendly and contempory up-tempoes" performed by female artist targeted at the same audience.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I just went back to this song after listening to Cyprus 2019, as they're both modern pop songs and I'm not fan of this genre usually, and I'm surprised to see that I... kinda like it ?
Last year Monsters just went over my head and ended up right in the middle of my list if I reckon correctly, but this time it seems to be stuck in my head... Better late than sorry I guess.
It's surprising the number of songs I came to like once everything is over...

Preuss

8 pts. Saara was great and the song was catchy and well-produced as well.. I still believe that Finland got sabotaged by the EBU. It's funny that they said that they gave up on coming up with random draws because they would like to have a more balanced draw, thus giving all entries a chance to shine.. but seriously... it was such a horrible mistake to let Australia and Finland participate next to each other given the fact that both songs are "radio-friendly and contempory up-tempoes" performed by female artist targeted at the same audience.

Yes I mean I will never understand their decision to let Australia and Finland sing next to each other lol :lol:
Not that it would change much of the outcome but still

Mainshow

Veteran
I also think that the results wouldn't have changed massively but it was completely pointless to let Australia and Finland perform next to each other. If the EBU continues to come up with such decisions, the random draws should be introduced again. I still believe that the running order/draw was a slight disadvantage for Finland and Australia.

eurovizian

The song is so generic and forgettable though, just like the artist. There is no soul there.

lasse braun

hi!
have given a :12:.
3 shocking things happened in 2018.
metoo annoying gagasound won - lovely portugal song last place and finland only 25th place.
saaras song is no pop masterpiece like city lights a year before but was well produced and it ages much better than the gagasound!
ESC-jurys have a good routine in destroying many better pop songs - look at 2021 and what they have done with lithuania & also the ukraine(EDM-folk-pop).
xqueenbitch

Top Bottom