4 2.0%

24 11.9%

• Total voters

alca

2nd to last! Oh man that 2 will be hunting her forever :lol:

Still love the song though xlove

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Scrapping UMK just to get 25th place. Good job Finland. She performed well, but the song was always shocking and only popular with Eurovision fans.

tuorem

Scrapping UMK just to get 25th place. Good job Finland. She performed well, but the song was always shocking and only popular with Eurovision fans.

That's the kind of karma I was waiting for. One can't plan to organise a NF, then cancel it and slap national hopefuls in the face to end up buying a song abroad like "Monsters". Who does that?

Qualifying was the least they could do after selling out.

With this second-to-last place, YLE showed the Finnish artists how it's done for sure :?

I have nothing against Aalto, but I'm not sad about this outcome because of the way YLE handled their participation this year.

Carian

That's the kind of karma I was waiting for. One can't plan to organise a NF, then cancel it and slap national hopefuls in the face to end up buying a song abroad like "Monsters". Who does that?

Qualifying was the least they could do after selling out.

With this second-to-last place, YLE showed the Finnish artists how it's done for sure :?

I have nothing against Aalto, but I'm not sad about this outcome because of the way YLE handled their participation this year.

Well, I must say that only one thing comes to my mind after reading your post: "Karma is a b*tch" :lol:

Alaska49

qualifying after three non qualifications in a row? saara really did show how it's done sry

i am sad people didn't recognize the gem saara is and how wonderful the song is, but she had a lot of fun and realized a decade long dream, so i am still happy for her. i do hope finland can qualify more frequently from now on though.

Carian

qualifying after three non qualifications in a row? saara really did show how it's done sry

i am sad people didn't recognize the gem saara is and how wonderful the song is, but she had a lot of fun and realized a decade long dream, so i am still happy for her. i do hope finland can qualify more frequently from now on though.

I think that we all know she is a gem, but the problem is that her song wasn't really a gem. Fins waisted a great voice and talent on cheap song.

crashworld

Veteran
I like the song very much, it was in my top 3 at one point of the competition.
But I think the problem with the entry is, the staging. I still feel they did not get the staging right even at actual contest.
It was a good song with a somewhat positive message, but it got lost with the nonsensical staging.
It felt like they are so desperate and are finding all means to throw different elements to make the performance stand-out.
Though it resonate well with the televoters (not sure which part of it), but I think it was done in the expense of the jury vote, because the whole performance looks like a circus act.
This is the perfect example of ruining a good song with bad staging.

mgru

This song was just a mess. Dated staging, terrible make up. Song kinda comical... meh meh meh.

theditz83

Veteran
There are loads better songs on Saara's new album Wild Wild Wonderland that would have done well at the contest. I don't think the best songs were selected for UMK, and with a few other songs coming in about the 3 minute mark there would have been little need for a lot editing as well ;)

heke1988

Well I am happy we made it to GF. GF was kind of disappointing, but at least we beat our lovely neighbour Sweden in televotes!

Hayato

Well, this was my favourite of the year. I don't care if some people think it was "cheap" - some of us thought it was amazing.
An absolute killer song, great Eurovision staging, fun, engaging, beautifully delivered.
The staging could have been more stripped back and epic, focusing just on her, but still I know she wanted to go all out.
Saara can hold her head up high by bringing Finland back in the final! She succeeded and we love her forever.

theditz83

Veteran
So having spent the last couple of days replaying Saara's awesome album "Wild Wild Wonderland", the bonus track struck me as strangely familiar. And I couldn't believe that I'd totally forgotten about "No Fear", here 2016 UMK entry. That performance and song was far superior to all 3 of the candidates that she put forward to UMK 2018, so it's so disappointing that "No Fear" wasn't chosen in 2016.

Besides that, Dance!!! and Don't Deny Our Love would have made perfect potential ESC entries and would have needed very limited editing to satisfy the 3 minute criteria.

In any case, Saara did not deserve 25th place - what a shame she couldn't grab some more points. Of the 5 scorecards we had at my ESC party, Finland got points on all cards (albeit nothing above a 6 ;))

kayak

She was good, but i dont know why i dont like her song. Maybe that, because has typical eurovision sounds which irritates me

musicfan

I liked it in the semi but by the final I didn't really, the same with the Cyprus song. But at least I found something originally which is more than some.

Lindon

A few days ago I couldn't get rid of a melody in my head. I almost got crazy because I couldn't determine where that tune came from and what it actually was. Then suddenly it dawned on me. It was "Monsters". I didn't pay much attention to that song before, during or after the ESC, so I still wonder where I got this virus from in my head. Saara Aalto hacked me! Damn! xstars

Top Bottom