Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - General Discussion thread

Lindon

ollibox

The last time the UK closed the show, Austria won.
What an OMEN, indeed! :love:

It couldn't be ruled out this year in any way!
Austria COULD get the best of Jury votes and also a big chunk of Televotes. If Finland or Sweden flop somehow (which I doubt) the floor is Austrian all the way! And yes, Norway could cope a lot of Televotes, sure. Anybody else? I don't see a big competition in that part. I HOPE that Germany will surprise us, but that's about it.
True, that Estonia would get a lot of Jury support, but I am afraid, it quite possibly flops in Televote. And I'm so sad about that. Already seeing that most of the supporters have ditched us in this forum's ranking, so.... :cry:

Last edited:

MooseShoes

i was asked if I was going to watch the kings coronation yesterday and I said yes but I was just thinking about Gustaph qualifying in semi 2 not Charles
Gustaph-Eurosong-2023-Belgium-Eurovision.jpg

You will never remove his crown.

Came here to express my overall impressions of ESC 2023 after relistening all entries with my pro ear bugs. I want to do it here because I kinda don't want to get into any fanwanking discussions on countries' respective threads. 🤣 Also, I can't wait for Georgia anymore.

The impressions are based on overall package, I don't care if anyone says "But her vocal...". So what? It's a SONG contest.

I divided the entries into categories, and I'm enumerating them from the worst to less bad / best to less good.

GROUND ZERO or THOSE WHO SHOULDN'T BE ANYWHERE NEAR MUSIC and shouldn't have been at ESC to begin with:

1. Polska

Then, as first, those countries THAT SHOULD FEEL ASHAMED FOR NOT EVEN TRYING:

1. Romania
2. San Marino
3. Malta

Second, those countries THAT SHOULD FEEL ASHAMED FOR BEING STINGY TO HIRE A PROPER PRODUCER:

1. Australia
2. Azerbaycan
3. Czechia
4. Portugal
5. Albania

Third, those countries THAT SHOULD FEEL ASHAMED FOR SERVING ALWAYS THE SAME SHOW FROM THE 00's and 90's (some even '80's) or FOR SERVING THE MOST UNORIGINAL AND BLAND MUSIC WITH NO ADDED VALUE:

1. Belgium
2. Lithuania
3. Netherlands
4. Iceland
5. Denmark
6. UK
7. Sweden
8. Greece
9. Cyprus
10. Switzerland
11. Estonia
12. Ireland...

with special credits to...

13. Another male Italian screaming 80's canzona

14. Another Scandinavian / Viking feminist bop with cheesy lyrics from Norway

15. Another ethnic bop from Moldova

Fourth, those countries THAT SHOULD BE THANKED FOR DECIDING TO AT LEAST ENTERTAIN US ON BEST LEVEL POSSIBLE THERE IS IN TODAY'S MUSIC:

1. Finland
2. Austria
3. Israel
4. France
5. Germany

Fifth, those countries THAT DECIDED AT LEAST TO TROLL US AND SHOCK US AND SERVED ART / PERFORMANCE / SOMETHING DIFFERENT OUT OF THAT:

Brothers by 1. Blood and 2. Arms and 3. Craziness level 🤣 - 1. Serbia and 2. Croatia

And finally, those countries THAT SAVED THE FACE OF EUROVISION THIS YEAR WITH THEIR QUALITY AND ORIGINALITY:

1. Armenia
2. Latvia
3. Spain
4. Slovenia

In the end, all my love to Ukraine, you are one of a kind, I wish you all the best everywhere, from Liverpool to Crimea. The rest is irrelevant. 🥰

Last edited:

Ezio

Veteran
After the first batch of super safe and boring songs, ultimately the theme of this year is songs with a twist.

Israel, Armenia, Austria, Malta, France, Finland, Untied Queendom have super intriguing, unexpected and captivating breaks. They are so untypical, lack of chorus, who cares. The sound is so fresh, either edging hard or fully eargasmic. I am stanning at these and hope one of them takes home the crown.

mauve

Veteran
Came here to express my overall impressions of ESC 2023 after relistening all entries with my pro ear bugs. I want to do it here because I kinda don't want to get into any fanwanking discussions on countries' respective threads. 🤣 Also, I can't wait for Georgia anymore.

The impressions are based on overall package, I don't care if anyone says "But her vocal...". So what? It's a SONG contest.

I divided the entries into categories, and I'm enumerating them from the worst to less bad / best to less good.

GROUND ZERO or THOSE WHO SHOULDN'T BE ANYWHERE NEAR MUSIC and shouldn't have been at ESC to begin with:

1. Polska

Then, as first, those countries THAT SHOULD FEEL ASHAMED FOR NOT EVEN TRYING:

1. Romania
2. San Marino
3. Malta

Second, those countries THAT SHOULD FEEL ASHAMED FOR BEING STINGY TO HIRE A PROPER PRODUCER:

1. Australia
2. Azerbaycan
3. Czechia
4. Portugal
5. Albania

Third, those countries THAT SHOULD FEEL ASHAMED FOR SERVING ALWAYS THE SAME SHOW FROM THE 00's and 90's (some even '80's) or FOR SERVING THE MOST UNORIGINAL AND BLAND MUSIC WITH NO ADDED VALUE:

1. Belgium
2. Lithuania
3. Netherlands
4. Iceland
5. Denmark
6. UK
7. Sweden
8. Greece
9. Cyprus
10. Switzerland
11. Estonia
12. Ireland...

with special credits to...

13. Another male Italian screaming 80's canzona

14. Another Scandinavian / Viking feminist bop with cheesy lyrics from Norway

15. Another ethnic bop from Moldova

Fourth, those countries THAT SHOULD BE THANKED FOR DECIDING TO AT LEAST ENTERTAIN US ON BEST LEVEL POSSIBLE THERE IS IN TODAY'S MUSIC:

1. Finland
2. Austria
3. Israel
4. France
5. Germany

Fifth, those countries THAT DECIDED AT LEAST TO TROLL US AND SHOCK US AND SERVED ART / PERFORMANCE / SOMETHING DIFFERENT OUT OF THAT:

Brothers by 1. Blood and 2. Arms and 3. Craziness level 🤣 - 1. Serbia and 2. Croatia

And finally, those countries THAT SAVED THE FACE OF EUROVISION THIS YEAR WITH THEIR QUALITY AND ORIGINALITY:

1. Armenia
2. Latvia
3. Spain
4. Slovenia

In the end, all my love to Ukraine, you are one of a kind, I wish you all the best everywhere, from Liverpool to Crimea. The rest is irrelevant. 🥰
I agree with many things you mentioned here, except maybe for Malta. Yes, many don't like the song, for me though it is so entertaining and actually a song that I listen to on daily basis. Such a great hook and vibe! xheart

crashworld

Veteran
Now that all 37 entries are out, I am going to sit out from this year's contest. Not going to watch any of the 'live' show. Will just be an observer now and maybe comment from time to time if anything interesting comes up. Everyone else, please have fun!

I leave you all with this.
CvhWjHH.jpg

See ya next year!
#SanktPölten2024

yuki_vamp.esc

Greetings!!!

Am I the only one who thinks that there's no "obvious or sure" NQs in semi-final one (1) but only "obvious or sure" qualifiers the nordic trio? And believes that even those fan favorites for being the obvious NQs, Azerbaijan and Ireland, still have a shot to qualifies. Just wanna express, share and somehow let my frustrations out with those "obvious or sure" predictions, when to think it's just the songs that has been release, and no snippets yet of staging and performance. Like all songs in semi-finals one have potentials, or is it just really me? 🤣

midnightsun

Veteran
I agree there will probably one or two unexpected qualifiers and a surprising flop because it’s almost always like that. The staging will definitely elevate some borderline Qs and others will fail miserably. It’s just speculation to waste time. In the end at least half the songs are predictable each year, the fandom just knows what will do well.
But you‘re right, this year we shouldn’t rule anyone out, in BOTH semis.

Top Bottom