14 5.5%

11 4.3%

9 3.5%

11 4.3%

6 2.3%

30 11.7%

• Total voters

ag89

Last year they destroyed their performance with strange looks at camera, this year is the same. Starring at camera is not always charming. Lena was charming (!!!) for example in 2011 with so many closeups, but Estonia this year and last year was creepy and laughable.

VedatiNet

I had feelings that both singers had to much confidence like "you must vote for us" and we "don't care to much because we for sure will be in the final". I've got that feeling maybe I'm wrong

outsynk

The main problem about it has always been the bad vocals and Laura's lack of charisma. Koit was all over the place during his verse singing too high and at times out of sync with the music and Laura while an improvement since Eesti Laul was still lacking and out of sync at times. I don't know how this is even possible with such veterans?

Another point is that Laura just doesn't have the charisma. She always has the same uncomfortable face and last night her eyes looked all droopy like she was on Valium or something. Koit at least looked alive and was really working the telenovela.

I was actually very content with the staging and thought it was much better than in the national finals as the cameras were moving around a lot and gave the impression that more was actually happening compared to the static Eesti Laul performance.

It makes me sad that we had a great song and eventually good staging but at the end of the day the performers just couldn't deliver. I wanted to blame Mart Normet for the apparent lack of critical thinking but he can't teach the artists to sing can he?

DanielLuis

I had feelings that both singers had to much confidence like "you must vote for us" and we "don't care to much because we for sure will be in the final". I've got that feeling maybe I'm wrong

Well, when asked if they want to repeat the performance, the Estonian delegation response was "The performance was very powerful, it would be impossible to recreate the energy on the repeated performance" :lol: :lol: :lol: Delusional much?

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
There's nothing to cheer about Laura's decision, she always had great songs in Eesti Laul when she was solo. Sadly this year she had a man with a very big face and creepy facial expressions who brought her down.

henhu

At least it made it to Wikipedia :lol:

On 11 May 2017, during the transmission of the second semi-final, the microphone of the Estonian representative seemed to have malfunctioned as singer Laura Põldvere could not be heard for approximately two seconds by viewers at home. It was later revealed that the Estonian delegation considered appealing to the EBU to allow Laura & Koit Toome to perform their entry "Verona" again as a result of the error, but later decided against it. Mart Normet, the Head of Delegation for Estonia, explained "If there has been such a powerful performance for three minutes and given an absolute maximum, then this energy again does not come back when you go on stage again". The EBU responded to the situation, reportedly describing the error as purely technical, as the microphone was supposed to automatically come on. Instead, a sound technician was forced to respond by manually switching on the microphone via the sound desk.

The country ultimately failed to reach the grand final, with Põldvere expressing her annoyance, however stating "I do not think it’s so tremendously influenced when a few words remain unheard".[168][169]

DanielLuis

But yeah, Laura is right, the microphone was only off for 2 seconds, that is not the reason that made them fail at all. A second repeat performance would have been unfair in this situation.

Milos-BC

For me the song was good enough for the final. I also liked the performance and I was certain that it will make it. I am quite surprised to say the least. But I guess the juries and the audience just didn't like them enough.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
There's nothing to cheer about Laura's decision, she always had great songs in Eesti Laul when she was solo. Sadly this year she had a man with a very big face and creepy facial expressions who brought her down.

. Your attempt to bring down a person based on physical appearance is low and immature and you Sir are no gentleman.

henhu

Can't wait to find out who voted for us. I think we might have been in televoting top 8 (we do better in iTunes than 5 qualifiers from our semi), but I can also imagine repeat of Jüri Pootsmann result.

henhu

6th in televoting DESPITE bad singing, staging and technical errors. WOW

blein

so jury bombed us for :au:(aka :de:) ... sad shit.. they did same with :fi:

henhu

Televoting points for us

:12: :lt:
:8: :by: :ua:
:6: :fr: :il:
:5: :no:
:4: :mk: :hu:
:3: :ro: :de: :ie:
:2: :mt: :bg: :dk:
:1: :ch:

FIRST time ever we got point(s) from Switzerland!

Jury points tho:

:7: :il:
:3: :mt:
:2: :mk: :at:
:1: :by: :dk:

estonia

So happy to know that at least with the televoters (which category in my opinion is more important) they would have been in the final! At least this! :)

carl1

So maybe in hindsight, we should have taken the chance to perform again? But I think the 16p gap was too big...but could have gotten some more votes at least..

henhu

If we performed twice, we would have definitely qualified. Nobody ranked us lower than 13th.

Top Bottom