6 2.3%

30 11.7%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
ESTONIA.png

eerik

Re: ESTONIA 2017

Eesti Laul 2017 was confirmed already three weeks ago, so I guess Mart Normet and ERR were happy how EL'16 went and will do it at the Rocca Al Mare Arena (Saku Suurhall) again.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

I hope that in 2017 Estonia will be back to their previous 2009/2011/2013-2015 approach, namely sending songs that aren't fanwanked but that reflect the quality, the modernity and the "un-Eurovisionness" of the Estonian music scene.

eerik

Eesti Laul 2017 was confirmed already three weeks ago, so I guess Mart Normet and ERR were happy how EL'16 went and will do it at the Rocca Al Mare Arena (Saku Suurhall) again.

Well, okay then, that's confirmed.

Eesti Laul 2017 final will be held on 4th March 2017 and tickets will go on sale next Thursday (5th May).

Uvaro

i hope anett kulbin tries again in 2017, she was robbed of a place in the final this year.

eerik

I hope that in 2017 Estonia will be back to their previous 2009/2011/2013-2015 approach, namely sending songs that aren't fanwanked but that reflect the quality, the modernity and the "un-Eurovisionness" of the Estonian music scene.

Huh, Rockefeller Street in 2011 was one of the most fanwanked entries we've ever had, in 2013 and 2014 we had songs that won largely due to their "Eurovisionness" while beating songs that actually became big hits in Estonia (Päästke noored hinged and Für Elise).

SpZ

Someone should organize a petition against that.... Mart Normet is seriously being lame. He basically said that he wants G:son to write entries for the national final.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

Huh, Rockefeller Street in 2011 was one of the most fanwanked entries we've ever had, in 2013 and 2014 we had songs that won largely due to their "Eurovisionness" while beating songs that actually became big hits in Estonia (Päästke noored hinged and Für Elise).

NO-animated-gif.gif

eerik

Someone should organize a petition against that.... Mart Normet is seriously being lame. He basically said that he wants G:son to write entries for the national final.

That's a bit far-fetched, he did not say that... yet. But I'm afraid this could essentially lead to that. Dude is seriously obsessed with Sweden and Melodifestivalen.

tuorem

That's a bit far-fetched, he did not say that... yet. But I'm afraid this could essentially lead to that. Dude is seriously obsessed with Sweden and Melodifestivalen.

That's not far-fetched, you know like me that allowing foreign songwriters basically means allowing swedish songwriters to enter one of the best Eurovision national selection show. I mean who else who'd be interested in writing for Estonia really? :(

You don't need Eurotrash imo, you've got enough artists with big potential and quality songs in your show not to include imports that most of the time aren't interesting lyrically and musically.

Kairit

X-OIX-OI Please, no. It's the ONLY thing I didn't want for Eesti Laul. Just PLEASE don't allow Swedes to get into the mix. xgaah He says he thinks it would be refreshing... Oh please. :roll: That may quickly turn into "let's allow everyone to enter, let's have international juries again" in the next years. I don't care about winning if we get there with a foreign mass-produced product. I'm really afraid Eesti Laul may lose that quality indie feel. Seems like that's what the Estonian public wants as well. I don't care if the show production turns into Melfest, I like what they did this year... Just let the songs stay the same. What we have is special. :(

SpZ

He said that he hopes that some experienced Swedish composers submit songs. In Eurovision lingo it basically means G:son

eerik

He said that he hopes that some experienced Swedish composers submit songs. In Eurovision lingo it basically means G:son

That's not what he said in the video, the article is a rather poor transcript/summary of what he said. The part you meant was actually something like this:

Interviewer: Can we already say for certain that some Swedish songwriter will submit their song?
Mart Normet: No, we can't certainly say it yet and I would not dare to promise it. But I think it would be refreshing. Not that we would have all the songs written in foreign countries and we would not have any connections and "spiritual relation" with them, but to bring in new blood and (ab)use them, so that we would still be the priority and the important side in the songwriting group, to use the collaboration in a good way.

Mickey

This is terrible. Eesti Laul is the best national final by some distance, because it is the one that reflects the local music scene better than any other.

If they start bringing in Swedish style cookie cutter pop anthems then this Eurovision thing could be ruined for me.

eerik

Well I don't like the idea because it might set a precedence for further loosening of the rules in the future, but let's not get too carried away yet. So far the talk has been about collaborations where Estonia would remain the predominant side. It does not mean that any Swedish hack can come here and participate. Let's start with songs like these:

All three are international collabs that aren't allowed under current rules but could possible be accepted with the proposed rules change. Just examples though...

eerik

That! I don't think that Normet really wants the typical MF-shit.

He does admire Melodifestivalen and has been vocal about it, although I think it's more from the professionalism/production quality side of it. I agree, MF is a very well produced TV show, but at the same time it's also very flashy and kitschy, and I usually get bored after the third song and switch it off.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

I'm fine with everything as long as Estonia stays away from the garbage like "Play" or "Siren".

Top Bottom