Contact us

DEUTSCHLAND - Germany 2010 - Lena - Satellite

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

Raul_Spain

Lemelo said:
I just read some articles about the semifinals from Switzerland and all conclude in a negative way about Lena.

Übrigens: Lena aus Deutschland gilt gemeinhin auch als ach so locker und sympathisch. Mal sehen, wie das ankommt bei Gesamt-Europa …
http://www.20min.ch/people/schweiz/story/21819915
"By the way: Lena from Germany is also (referring to suisse contestant :roll: ) said to be soo cool and sympathic (sounds very ironic in german, don't know how to translate). Let's see what Total-Europe will think about her..."

[quote:x2f7b5dq]Aber warum zynisch lamentieren? Mit der Schweiz draussen, kann man sich im Finale mit ruhigem Puls auf die europäischen Nachbarn, ihre seltsamen Kostüme und merkwürdigen Lieder konzentrieren. Auf Deutschland etwa, das sich schon als Sieger sieht.
http://bazonline.ch/kultur/pop-und-jazz/TVKritik-Verfluchter-Song-Contest/story/10295616
"But why should we complain cynically? Switzerland is out and now we can calmly concentrate on our European neighbours, their strange costumes and songs. For example Germany, which is seeing itself as a winner already.

Seems as we won´t get too much points from them. :( But Germany isn't seeing itself as a winner, just to mention:
Survey of welt.de
Will LML win?
Yes 18%
No 61%
Maybe 21%[/quote:x2f7b5dq]

Bah.... Switzerland is only the 18th unofficial länder, Austria is the 17th :lol:

PashonFrut

teroh said:
Milos-BC said:
After Slovakia and Croatia, two big favorites flopped, I can say that I am a bit sceptic for Lena's placement. But we will see tomorrow. Hopefully she makes at least top 10.

You cannot compare Lena with these two countries. Slovakia and Croatia have never been favorites in the betting odds, plus they are non-English speaking songs that we all knew would not be a commercial success even if they won or got a good ranking. They really satisfy fans only, not those who are into mainstream pop music.

Both Slovakia and Croatia are miles better than this song. If Lena was in the semi finals she wouldn't have passed it, it is easy for you to have a guaranteed spot in the final. I'm sad that we lost a wonderful song and we have this song competing for victory.

charlesf

PashonFrut said:
Both Slovakia and Croatia are miles better than this song.

That's your opinion. Plenty of people seem to like it. :)

PashonFrut said:
If Lena was in the semi finals she wouldn't have passed it, it is easy for you to have a guaranteed spot in the final.

If that's what you believe, care to take up a bet against me? I'll bet you 100 Euros that she'll make it into the Top5. Deal?

PashonFrut

Nah, I don't gamble and I'm broke at the moment. :cool:

charlesf

PashonFrut said:
Nah, I don't gamble and I'm broke at the moment. :cool:

According to your firm belief, you'd run no risk whatsoever. :) Anyway, I think you're making the mistake of basing your predictions on your own likes and dislikes. Good thing you don't do any betting, because that way you'd lose a lot of money!

Obviously Lena polarises. Either you love her or hate her. Very little middle ground. And actually, that's a great place to be in when it comes to voting. Nobody votes for a song they are only mildly enthusiastic about...

See ya in Berlin 2011!

Yeah, that's my prediction. Not a sure deal, I grant you. But who else do you see on top? Safura? I don't think so. Song's pretty good, but I don't think the performance will wow many. Actually, I had hoped for quite an awesome show. Beats me what that star choreographer did for her. Though it's an improvement on those male dancers surrounding her in the NF. That was pretty tacky.

That being said, Safura is a good ambassador for her country. And Azerbaijan sure needs a good ambassador considering the police state methods they employed against Armenia last year.

Lemelo

[youtube:2qsb27fg]<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zZzK_TBV8qk&hl=de_DE&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zZzK_TBV8qk&hl=de_DE&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>[/youtube:2qsb27fg]
Great performance, even vocally :D. I think she would really deserve a top 5 placement.

charlesf

Lemelo said:
Great performance, even vocally :D. I think she would really deserve a top 5 placement.

Much depends on the cameras and editing, but since the juries will be voting based on this performance things are looking good.

And I think she'd really deserve a Top1 placement. :)

teroh

She's got a light show now :) Those stars look great and fit the song perfectly.

Lemelo

[youtube:3k44ckf8]<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fWJ0XL_t7Zk&hl=de_DE&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fWJ0XL_t7Zk&hl=de_DE&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>[/youtube:3k44ckf8]
At 5:55 she is talking about that one (don't remember if it has been posted already):
[youtube:3k44ckf8]<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a-FtKTSItd0&hl=de_DE&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a-FtKTSItd0&hl=de_DE&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>[/youtube:3k44ckf8]

Deltage

I happened to see a report on Lena on ARD while flicking through channels and went on the show's website which they advertised there, and it has a poll where apparently most voters feel that Lena will suffer similar fate like other recent German entries. I don't get it since even I think that she can definitely manage at least top 10 finish and I thought she was especially popular in Germany (unless that site is mainly visited by ESC haters like lots of polls in Estonia).

http://www.mdr.de/brisant/7366562.html

Lizo

Deltage said:
I happened to see a report on Lena on ARD while flicking through channels and went on the show's website which they advertised there, and it has a poll where apparently most voters feel that Lena will suffer similar fate like other recent German entries. I don't get it since even I think that she can definitely manage at least top 10 finish and I thought she was especially popular in Germany (unless that site is mainly visited by ESC haters like lots of polls in Estonia).

http://www.mdr.de/brisant/7366562.html

yea, all votes look like that ;) germany would be totally happy with a top 10 :D but its true... there are many haters here in germany also but she still manages to be #1 for several weeks and of course she was also elected by the german audience in the national final. so we hope the same goes for europe :D

Lizo

accent? thats what she says about it

[youtube:1i0boj6f]fK1wBI9ix1c[/youtube:1i0boj6f]

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Here are a few funny random quotes from Lena

"I feel very sad that Netherlands and Sweden didn't qualify."

"I don't think about anyone special when I'm singing. My brain doesn't have room for anything else. Singing is enough."

"I'm not God."

"I've been going out with Alexander Rybak for over three years. We're getting married soon."

"I'm happy with the dark stage. I am a dark person. I have a dark devil's soul."

Dalia

Alexander Rybak on Facebook

"Hey guys, I hope you like my new video! Anyway, we know that Didrik will win, so why not vote for Lena? She has everything, the perfect song, the voice, the looks (hihi).. You know what I m saying!!"

Sweetheart!! xromance

Deltage

I personally have nothing against her accent, it just annoys me when people talk about Safura's or other singers' apparent accent or vocal mistakes when Lena does the same thing. Personally I think it's too much focusing on little things, after all it's a SONG contest, not a karaoke contest.

bashers

I really dont like her. Why am I only one who thinks this? I know the song is different but I just hate her voice. Its so annoying.

teroh

Lena making fun of German accent during the press conference, singing a Boyzone song:

[youtube:z5ad1xgw]fK1wBI9ix1c[/youtube:z5ad1xgw]

charlesf

Lizo said:
accent? thats what she says about it

She's really quite the standup comedian. That ditty is hilarious!

I don't mind her German cockney accent at all. I find it charming.

When I spoke of her English needing a little more polish, I was speaking of her conversational English. But she's 19 and no native speaker. I'm sure her English will get ever better in the coming years. And it's pretty decent as it is.

I wish though she also starts singing in German. That duet she sung in German with Norway's Didrik sounded really sweet. German is a great language to sing in, so it'd be a shame if she didn't.

Top Bottom