escYOUnited

Administrator
Denmark-scaled.jpg

Mainshow

Veteran
Here in English

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
A national final held in a big hall without an audience? That's going to be a super surreal watch. I can't believe we've reached this point, but I'm glad still that the show can go on.

Zonne147

Oh I can't imagine this NF without audience... But it's an understandable decision

jatojo

Yes. I can't imagine it in an empty hall. It's a dance anthem so without a crowd going crazy this could come across really cold.
Are there any ballads in the running? :oops:

In fact, there are no real ballads this year. No Anja Nissens. ;) No real uptempo songs either - the most dance friendly is Human, I guess ...

jatojo

I do
Bit ott considering you’ve only got 15 cases, we’ve got over 100 in the UK and were still being encouraged to visit social events :LOL:

The odd thing is that for weeks the Danish authorities refused to discourage people from travelling to Northern Italy, but now suddenly they are first movers, warning against events in Denmark ...

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Bit ott considering you’ve only got 15 cases, we’ve got over 100 in the UK and were still being encouraged to visit social events :LOL:

That's because they look at other countries where its out of control and the panic buying etc going on like in italy and Australia. Decisions such as this to cancel the audience just help to foster a sense of panic in the people which is unnecessary. We're lucky to have such a strong response and capable system in place (iirc we're one of the most prepared countries globally for a pandemic) and aren't allowing media hysteria to control the narrative. With how fast its spreading i do think we will reach a point where it this sort of thing is needed, but not right now.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Also they might edit in shots of previous audiences etc to give the vibe or whatever, but with a big arena space its it's going to look so empty on the wide shots. Also the hosts talking to no one. 😂

jatojo

It's not only a matter of how many cases there is - it's also about not getting a sudden wave of infected which will exhaust the resources of the hospitals. But I admit, - it would have been nice if they had waited a day or two with that announcement. ;)

Top Bottom