Contact us

Dark Horse

Brandt

Everyone hates Swedish entry but the hype for Frans' song was obvious from the beginning of Melodifestivalen. I am sure Sweden will score well even though everyone on the internet is strongly against his song. I don't know which is worse: Frans being overrated or Wiktoria being underrated, considering she would probably not do well if she won.

Denmark will do better than expected, I think. It's massively underrated by the dedicated eurofans but may have more mainstream appeal.

aef

It the depends a lot on staging, running order, etc.

Would call :fr: or :hr: dark horses? I hope and I think that they do well...

megzpegz

Estonia and Netherlands could be wrong but I like both of there songs anyway.

Uvaro

:fr: for sure (god i hope i didn't just jinx it :lol:) and i think :cz: and :ee: could do well too.

Romeo

:nl: :is: :lt: :ee: :ba:

DanielLuis

It the depends a lot on staging, running order, etc.

Would call :fr: or :hr: dark horses? I hope and I think that they do well...

Croatia is 3rd in the odds and France is 6th in the odds, both are shortening. Not sure if we can call them dark horses

ZoboCamel

It depends on how you define 'dark horse', really. Going with a rather loose definition, we can probably say it's something outside of the top 5 in betting odds (which are currently Sweden, Russia, Croatia, Australia and Latvia). Based on that, I do think there are a few dark horses with a chance at the win - Cyprus (34/1), Iceland (46/1 - has suddenly shortened a lot), Hungary (51/1), and maybe Ukraine (40/1). There are another few countries that I think might have a chance, but in those cases it's because they either haven't announced a song yet or they've got a revamp coming up, so there's not a whole lot of point speculating there.

Not sure I'd agree with Sweden being a dark horse - yes, they might be unpopular amongst Eurofans for once this year, but they're still first place in the odds. That's as far from being a dark horse as you can possibly get.

Nikkita

:cz: may surprise everyone by winning but the real dark horses of this year would be :hu: and :lv:.

Top Bottom